• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Biden or Trump too old?

To notify a split thread.
Hey, get off Joe, willya. I know he's a decade or two past the age most of us would prefer to have a sitting president but he's still way better than any Republican since Eisenhower.
Honestly, the idea that he's going to run for re-election fills me with so much cringe. That Trump is still planning to run is even cringier.
Why?

I was not at all happy when he threw his hat into the ring in 2020. But he won—thank heavens—abd has been about 100 times better than I anticipated. Yes, I wish he were younger but he’s fairly accomplished —has managed much more than I hoped for-/and is pretty drama free.
First off, he's ancient. You seem to think he's cognitively fine, I'm not so convinced.

Secondly, he's been infringing on women's rights since his first day in office. Republicans are whittling away at our bodily autonomy, Democrats - led by Biden - are whittling away at our ability to take part in society on equal footing. He has been leading the charge to overhaul Title IX, giving males the privilege of competing in female leagues if they feel like it, giving males the right to use female locker rooms and showers in school if they feel like - and all with ZERO requirement for a diagnosis of gender dysphoria or any kind of treatment at all, just based on their claim to feel like a woman. Biden has been consistently chipping away at women's right to consent - or more importantly to withhold consent, by effectively making it a right for males to see us when we're naked against our will, or to expose themselves to us against our will... so long as those men say the magic words that they're "transwomen".

And he fucking brought Dylan Mulvaney to the white house to interview him and congratulation him on "being so brave" as to "become" a woman. Dylan's entire thing is a fucking publicity stunt, and it's transparently based on horrifically misogynistic stereotypes of women. He's made bank on doing "365 days of girlhood" as a grown fucking man, all while parading around as a caricature of a teenage girl.

Trump is worse, sure. No argument there. But Biden can go rot in a whole as far as I'm concerned, along with all of the other democrats who are complicit in effectively erasing our sex-based rights, and to subjugating the material reality of sex to the magically imbued subjective soul of gender identity.

Republicans obviously are trying to strip women of our rights by removing access to abortion and contraception. Democrats are obliquely trying to strip us of our rights by making it impossible for anyone to know what the fuck a woman is in the first place, and by elevating self-proclaimed gender identity to a place of prominence above sex.
I’ve personally know individuals who were quite sharp mentally into their 90’’s. I think that some underestimate Biden because of gmhis speech impediment. I think he might fare better to some others because he is so much more sharp mentally than Trump. I well remember Reagan during his first term as president when, there me, I felt he was becoming cognitively impaired. He remained a great story teller. It’s just if you listened carefully, he was not necessarily telling reality based tales.

Yeah... umm... it is this sort of disconnect that really helps me fear the future for my daughter in this country. The Democrats are the only chance she has at having sexual reproductive rights... (assuming she isn't gunned down by someone who benefited from the right-wing take on gun rights) and you are completely Moore-Coulter'ing the two-party American political system. Yes, I haven't been very happy with Democrats, but they have put forth judges that will expand rights, not retract them. That alone puts them way above the GOP.
Sure. Democrats are working very hard to expand rights for males, rights that let male displace females from equal participation in society, economics, and politics. They're working very hard to expand the right of males to look at naked females in any federally funded showers or locker rooms. They're working hard to expand the right of males to invalidate women's athletic competition. They're working hard to recognize various males as the "first female X" and to present accolades intended to gain women a foothold in society to males who they think make better women than actual women. Democrats are working very, very hard to replace all sex-based equal rights with gender identity based equal rights, despite the fact that this effectively negates any ability to recognize sex-based discrimination.

But they'll let a subset of women (you know, the uterus having women as opposed to the penis having women) get abortions.

I want ALL of it. I want the right to control my own fucking body, and I also want the right to define my own sex-based boundaries and to acknlowdge that sex is real and materially imactful to females. I want to right to not be relegated to a subset of my own sex class, and forced to include males who have been evicted from the fraternity of men as part of "women".

It's going to be an interesting election, that's for sure. I know a LOT of black women who are going to vote republican - even if it's Trump. A lot of hispanics are also catholic and don't approve of abortion at all... but they sure as hell know what a woman is.

I have no idea how the election is going to turn out. But I do know that I am entirely fed the fuck up with both parties. And your insistence that I should prioritize what you want me to prioritize isn't going to be very effective.

"Democrats are just as bad..."

GOP votes against vote on ERA Amendment.

article said:
The ERA passed Congress in 1972, having been first proposed in 1923. Constitutional amendments, under U.S. law, must be ratified by three-quarters of all state legislatures, meaning 38 states.

In 2020, Virginia became the 38th state to ratify the ERA, but it did so after the 1982 deadline to ratify the amendment had passed.

The Senate resolution would have removed the deadline so that the ERA could become the 28th Amendment. Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and Murkowski were the resolution’s lead co-sponsors.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) argued throughout the week that the legislation was needed following the Supreme Court‘s ruling last summer that overturned Roe v. Wade.
Just gotta say that it's been GREAT being a woman where an amendment granting equal rights is just a step too far.
It's been a step too far my entire life. The only reason it has gotten even remotely close this time is because it effectively replaces the concept of equal rights on the basis of sex with equal rights on the basis of self-declared gender identity.

It's only because it's granting extra rights to males that it has made progress in the past few years.

I’ve personally know individuals who were quite sharp mentally into their 90’’s. I think that some underestimate Biden because of gmhis speech impediment. I think he might fare better to some others because he is so much more sharp mentally than Trump.
Come on now, the average wren is sharper mentally than Trump. I'm pretty sure my left show is mentally more developed than Trump. That's really not a good reason to vote for a dinosaur.

I well remember Reagan during his first term as president when, there me, I felt he was becoming cognitively impaired. He remained a great story teller. It’s just if you listened carefully, he was not necessarily telling reality based tales.
Yeah.

I genuinely don't know what I'll do this year. I detest both Trump and Biden, for entirely different reasons. I detest both the Republican and the Democratic parties, for entirely different reasons.

I liked Tulsi Gabbard. I liked Andrew Yang. I liked Booty-gig, even though I can't spell his name.

Jebus fucking Christ. Talk about no sense of perspective and magnitude. Full out Moore-Coutler. The GOP wanted to kill Title IX. There would be no women's collegiate sports if it weren't for the Democrats.
Thank you, Mr. Man, for telling my poor little woman brain what is most important for women. I couldn't possibly figure out my own priorities, without you here to tell me what I am allowed to care about.
So do I think Loren is a woman when I think they are wrong too?
Also, are you *still* trying to force that Moore-Coulter crap to be a thing? Give it up already, Jimmy. You're a great guy when you're not stuck on your partisan hobby horse.
You mispelled, "Whenever I agree with you."

While a senile politician can deliver a stock speech. They can't deliver a very long one.

Thr examples of Biden's senility are far and few in between.... and just gaffes.

Brandon is so old his birth certificate is in Latin. And he is obviously losing his marbles. Unfit for the job.
Yes. Very unfit. While Biden is trying to stabilize the supply chain, stop Russia and China from invading sovereign countries; Desantis is trying to preserve the US culture from the meanies at Disney.
Yup, for a long time now it's been Democrats do, Republicans make noise.

Brandon is so old his birth certificate is in Latin. And he is obviously losing his marbles. Unfit for the job.
Yes. Very unfit. While Biden is trying to stabilize the supply chain, stop Russia and China from invading sovereign countries; {snip}
Brandon's approval rating is in the toilet, an all time low.

But anyway, the man is a doddering cabbage. Not fit for the job. But if he's your guy, ok (y)
He's not good at making noise. I don't want a president to make noise, though.

Ooh, do you write comedy in LA ?
Conservatives suck at comedy. Biden is so old, his chemistry school book's periodic table had only 6 elements.

However, it is funny how someone would claim another has senility problems, when all they do is repost the same thing over and over and over and over... like someone would do if they were senile.
And most republicans couldn't even NAME six elements. ;)
God, guns, U, S, A, MAGA.

They've got 6.

Sometimes, voting comes down to the least bad option. It’s better not to vote in anger.
I'm up to rage at this point. I gave up on liberalism really getting both hands on the wheel, but it at least won't die with Dems in power, appointing judges.

The GOP has just gotten so bad. It went from hypocritical cess pool under Gingrinch to authoritarian monstrosity.

I understand, completely. I thought that Nixon was an aberration
Sometimes, voting comes down to the least bad option. It’s better not to vote in anger.
I'm up to rage at this point. I gave up on liberalism really getting both hands on the wheel, but it at least won't die with Dems in power, appointing judges.

The GOP has just gotten so bad. It went from hypocritical cess pool under Gingrinch to authoritarian monstrosity.
I thought that Nixon was an aberration and Reagan was as low as we could go. I was very naive.

I am not naive any longer and I do understand all too well that there is always a lot of behind the scenes wheeling and dealing, much of it dirty. That said: Obama was imperfect but honorable. I think that Biden is honorable as well, but carries a longer lifetime of baggage—not all of it pristine —aka experience.

I’m disappointed at how badly the Afghanistan withdrawal went and..I accept that Biden was or felt he was tied to the timeline set out by Trump. Same thing with Alaska —but I’m much less forgiving there. And not willing to hear anymore about it being TFGs fault.

I’m pleased with much of the progressive agenda that’s been brought to fruition. I am a bit….less thrilled at how ( in my view) sometimes trans rights are directly in competition with women’s rights and that ciswomen are being —pushed under the train. I’m thinking of the word woman being disused in obstetrics and gynecology. That’s some fucked up bullshit. So is women’s right to privacy being gutted with respect to healthcare and locker rooms/congregate housing. I have mixed feelings about trans girls in school girls teams. I remember how my friend and I were excited when we would finally be able to be in a track team instead of just recording stats and marking distances and times. It’s hard to explain how thrilling it is for me to see high school girls sports get time on local news channels. And I’m not even a jock. And more substantially to be in a surgical theater surrounded by women—only women! who were laughing about how they were all just science nerds.

And how shitty it is to see first woman ever in ( position) as a trans woman who earned almost all of her credentials living as a man, complete with wife and children which boosts male careers and sink women’s. This last one is really just a personal irritation and is in no way making light of impressive accomplishments under personal harsh circumstances ( welcome to womanhood). I don’t mind transwomen in whatever position they earn. More power to them! But it is pretty hard to swallow that ‘first woman! Title when they attended professional school in a male dominated field as a male, racked up impressive service career—as a male and had their career further boosted by the wife and children they had prior to transitioning. It’s hinrsktkyvall very impressive. I know that they had struggles I can only begin to imagine. And they got to skip the struggles of their female age ages who were discouraged from or barred from the same accomplishments because they are women. So yeah, that is a personal struggle for me.

So yes, that part of the ‘progressive’ agenda is a bit tough, no matter how much I think everybody should be able to be who they are and achieve whatever they can. I really do mean equal rights for all. But nobody should have to let others climb over their backs.

And women should get to control their own bodies.

Nobody going to mention the Cheatsheetgate?

white-house-cheat-sheet-biden.jpg

It's not like it's the SATs!

With the clarity of hindsight, I wish I'd been more supportive of Godzillary. She'd have probably accomplished more than Obama did. Maybe, a Clinton-Obama ticket would have been perfect.
She could not win against Trump. What makes you think she could have beaten McCain?

Pretty stark contrast to John McCain. He picked the best pair of boobs ever seen in a presidential campaign.
McCain's Veep had to be a woman, to play to the PUMA crowd salty that Hilary lost. And the evangelical wing did not trust McCain, so they foisted Palin onto McCain. The thing is, on paper Palin's resume doesn't look bad at all. And don't come to me with "Alaska has a tiny population". So does Delaware, but Alaska has a huge area, and a lot of natural resources to manage. Just too bad McCain's people did not have much time to vet her and sit down with her before she was selected ...
And despite McCain being a rich white war hero with DC experience, Obama kicked his ass!
Obama is a generational political talent. And 2008 had the Great Recession, and economic turmoil is never good for the incumbent party. So he had all the advantages going in. Pretty much the only candidate who could have screwed up that kind of a layup was Hillary, as she demonstrated 8 years later.

But that was a long time ago.
Seems like a different century sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom