• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Biden or Trump too old?

To notify a split thread.
Brandon is so old his birth certificate is in Latin. And he is obviously losing his marbles. Unfit for the job.
Yes. Very unfit. While Biden is trying to stabilize the supply chain, stop Russia and China from invading sovereign countries; {snip}
Brandon's approval rating is in the toilet, an all time low.
So was W's and Obama's and Trump's. 2 of 3 won re-election.
But anyway, the man is a doddering cabbage. Not fit for the job.
Man, to have lost to a doddering cabbage....

Brandon is so old his birth certificate is in Latin. And he is obviously losing his marbles. Unfit for the job.
Ooh, do you write comedy in LA ?
Conservatives suck at comedy. Biden is so old, his chemistry school book's periodic table had only 6 elements.

However, it is funny how someone would claim another has senility problems, when all they do is repost the same thing over and over and over and over... like someone would do if they were senile.
And most republicans couldn't even NAME six elements. ;)

I think the only thing 'too old' about Biden is the optics. I think his mind is fine and he's always had issues with speech. I can only hope his "looking older" won't sway independent voters.

Man, to have lost to a doddering cabbage....

Most rational Americans would vote for Doddering Cabbage, or any other slaw ingredient, over the senile pants-crapping, treasonous sack of orange shit that Swizzle prefers.
I'm reminded of a couple of interviews I saw on the cable news back in the day.

One was (IIRC) Larry King talking to Ronald Reagan after he'd left office. He wasn't all there, to put it kindly. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease, and in retrospect it was clear that he was in the early stages of what would dominate the last decade of his life.

Around the same time, I saw an interview with Richard Nixon. One of the last before he died at 81. The difference was stark. 'Ole Tricky Dick was sharp as a tack. He fielded policy questions as if he had used his status as a former President to stay fully briefed on every issue facing the country. It was almost like he stayed connected on the off chance that someone in the Oval Office would reach out and ask for his help. I was reminded that - for all his many, many faults - Nixon was a brilliant man until the end.

As we speak, a man who served in between Nixon and Reagan is spending his last days at home in his 98th year. Jimmy Carter's one term in office didn't exactly go well, but if by some weird quirk of fate he'd returned to the White House at age 80? He'd probably have been a very, very good President.

Personally, I do think Biden too old and old guard, to be President. I find it disappointing that the DNC has put so much stock in people like Pelosi, the Clintons, and Biden. They don't really have anyone like DeSantis.

That said, I'd rather stick with that than anyone the GOP has. Much as Harris is not my favorite politician, the best scenario I see for 2024 is Biden-Harris wins again. Then Grampa Joe has a heart attack or something. I don't want him to die, just incapable of being President. If I were interviewing Harris during the campaign I'd ask questions like "Suppose you wound up President, who would you pick to be your VP?"
Tom

Personally, I do think Biden too old and old guard, to be President. I find it disappointing that the DNC has put so much stock in people like Pelosi, the Clintons, and Biden. They don't really have anyone like DeSantis.

On the one hand, I agree that the DNC really needs to embrace candidates who grew up watching MTV rather than Leave It To Beaver. Personally I think they should elevate Buttigieg to more than just Transportation Secretary. He or someone like him (young, intelligent, articulate) is the future. On the other hand, Biden has experience that a lot of the new crowd lacks. He's got domestic and foreign relationships built up over decades, and understands how the system works.

Someone like DeSantis? I don't think there's a Democratic equivalent. Yes, Rhonda is younger than most, but his policies align with your angry grandpa at Thanksgiving dinner. Plus, if he can't outmaneuver Disney's legal department, how is he supposed to check Russia or China?

Personally, I do think Biden too old and old guard, to be President. I find it disappointing that the DNC has put so much stock in people like Pelosi, the Clintons, and Biden.
So you didn't notice that Biden wasn't the front runner, didn't even win a primary until South Carolina? The minority vote put Biden in the nomination spot, not the party. The party would have been good with any number of nominees.
They don't really have anyone like DeSantis.
GOOD!

Ooh, do you write comedy in LA ?
Conservatives suck at comedy. Biden is so old, his chemistry school book's periodic table had only 6 elements.

However, it is funny how someone would claim another has senility problems, when all they do is repost the same thing over and over and over and over... like someone would do if they were senile.
Neither could many Democrats.

On the other hand, Biden has experience that a lot of the new crowd lacks. He's got domestic and foreign relationships built up over decades, and understands how the system works.

I totally agree. The smartest thing Obama did was bring Biden onboard as VP. He was like ballast, experienced old white guy, especially his foreign policy experience. Superbly filled the gaping holes in Obama's credentials.

Pretty stark contrast to John McCain. He picked the best pair of boobs ever seen in a presidential campaign. And despite McCain being a rich white war hero with DC experience, Obama kicked his ass!

But that was a long time ago.
Tom

On the other hand, Biden has experience that a lot of the new crowd lacks. He's got domestic and foreign relationships built up over decades, and understands how the system works.

I totally agree. The smartest thing Obama did was bring Biden onboard as VP. He was like ballast, experienced old white guy, especially his foreign policy experience. Superbly filled the gaping holes in Obama's credentials.

Pretty stark contrast to John McCain. He picked the best pair of boobs ever seen in a presidential campaign. And despite McCain being a rich white war hero with DC experience, Obama kicked his ass!

Tom
To be fair, McCain would have had a hard time winning in 2008 no matter his VP pick. Pocketbook issues and all that. A potted plant with a D next to their name could have had a chance what with the economy being a dumpster fire at the time. The GOP had a better chance in 2012, but they settled on Mittens the Pander Bear. Whoops.

When 2016 rolled around, people's pocketbooks were doing well enough for a lot of them to say "hey...why not let the guy on TV run things? What could go wrong?"

Then 2020 happened, with a dumpster fire of an economy plus hundreds of thousands dead from a once in a century pandemic. The Democrats went with the ancient boring centrist and it worked just like a potted plant would have 12 years earlier.

Next year will depend on the age-old question "are you better off now than you were four years ago?" Unfortunately, American voters have a bad habit of saying "yeah, things have been going pretty good overall...let's elect an angry silver back gorilla to change things up!"

Tom
So long ago, you seem to forget the economy was crashing the worst it had seen since the Great Depression and the nation was continuing to feel foul on the GOP, Iraq, the deficits after promises of surpluses, and just an unhappy conclusion to the W Admin.

Palin was also picked for her firebrand style which she managed to use and go from no where to the Governorship. It was so successful, it helped create a whole new way of politicking for the GOP and we have the mental insane getting elected under the GOP brand.

So long ago, you seem to forget the economy was crashing the worst it had seen since the Great Depression and the nation was continuing to feel foul on the GOP, Iraq, the deficits after promises of surpluses, and just an unhappy conclusion to the W Admin.
What makes you think I've forgotten all that?

It's obviously why a black kid from Chicago, named Hussein, could steal the election like an unwary tourist's wallet.

With the clarity of hindsight, I wish I'd been more supportive of Godzillary. She'd have probably accomplished more than Obama did. Maybe, a Clinton-Obama ticket would have been perfect.

Oh well, it's a road not taken.
Tom

Neither could many Democrats.
Well to be fair, most are called "Jumbo", so that makes it harder. There's Nellie; and Dumbo, but that's a Disney thing so perhaps best avoided.

Oh! Oh! There's that one out of the Jungle Book, Colonel something or was he a General?? Oh, wait, Disney again.

Hang on, did you say elements?

Never mind. Carry on.

I wish I'd been more supportive of Godzillary. She'd have probably accomplished more than Obama did. Maybe, a Clinton-Obama ticket would have been perfect.

Waitaminit … Biden wins in ‘24, croaks in 25, Harris appoints Godzillary VP, then retires for personal reasons in early’26, Godzillary appoints Obama VP (I read on the internet that you can still be VP if you were elected Pres twice), then dies of hypertension….

What makes you think I've forgotten all that?

It's obviously why a black kid from Chicago, named Hussein, could steal the election like an unwary tourist's wallet.

With the clarity of hindsight, I wish I'd been more supportive of Godzillary. She'd have probably accomplished more than Obama did. Maybe, a Clinton-Obama ticket would have been perfect.

Oh well, it's a road not taken.
Tom

Yeah, a bobble headed mannequin with a lifeless gaze would have been welcomed by republican ears over some uppity negro. Fa sho.

I wish I'd been more supportive of Godzillary. She'd have probably accomplished more than Obama did. Maybe, a Clinton-Obama ticket would have been perfect.

Waitaminit … Biden wins in ‘24, croaks in 25, Harris appoints Godzillary VP, then retires for personal reasons in early’26, Godzillary appoints Obama VP (I read on the internet that you can still be VP if you were elected Pres twice), then dies of hypertension….

Say Wut?

I was talking about 2008, not 2026. The road not taken. I don't want Hillary in office any more either.

Not because she's too old. Because she's too old school, too neo-lib. Back in the Clinton era, the Democrats became barely distinguishable from Reagan Republicans. Clinton signed NAFTA and DOMA. Honestly, I think that Slick Willy Clinton caused the current insanity in the TeaParty GOP, by becoming so right wing. And being better at it than the GOP. The only place the GOP had to go to keep a grip on power was even further to the right, and they've kinda gone off the cliff.
Tom

Jebus fucking Christ. Talk about no sense of perspective and magnitude. Full out Moore-Coutler. The GOP wanted to kill Title IX. There would be no women's collegiate sports if it weren't for the Democrats.
Thank you, Mr. Man, for telling my poor little woman brain what is most important for women. I couldn't possibly figure out my own priorities, without you here to tell me what I am allowed to care about.

Also, are you *still* trying to force that Moore-Coulter crap to be a thing? Give it up already, Jimmy. You're a great guy when you're not stuck on your partisan hobby horse.

Back
Top Bottom