• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Fuck "stay in their lane and mind their business". This is a society. It is all their lane, and it's all their business.

Masking and sanitizer and such is staying in your lane. It's keeping whatever infections you might have to yourself.

Refusing to take such simple precautions is not staying in your lane. It's sharing your pathogens with whoever happens to be near. It's like taking your half of the road out of the middle.
Tom

FA cup final (soccer) being played today at Wembley, London. 21,000+ will be in attendance. Pubs in England will be open for indoor drinking from Monday. Some murmurings from SAGE about 1,000 deaths a day from the “Indian” variant in certain regions in England. They will no doubt be wrong again. At least they are consistent.

Somewhat agree with skepticism of media and the CDC.

How about skepticism of Trump and his "it's no worse than a cold" or his "we'll have the country open again by Easter" or any of the other lies Trump told during 2020?

Are you skeptical about all that?
Tom

Trump said vaccines would be available to everyone by April. The media laughed at him. He was right.

E1Srbr7WUAMMywC

His claim that the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab is now in mainstream discussion.

Trump said vaccines would be available to everyone by April. The media laughed him. He was right.

Biden said that too.
So what?
Biden made it happen, Trump just talked about it. Trump also made a lot of other claims, convincing many of his supporters that getting a vaccine was a bad decision.

What about that?
Tom

Somewhat agree with skepticism of media and the CDC.

How about skepticism of Trump and his "it's no worse than a cold" or his "we'll have the country open again by Easter" or any of the other lies Trump told during 2020?

Are you skeptical about all that?
Tom

Trump said vaccines would be available to everyone by April. The media laughed at him. He was right.

E1Srbr7WUAMMywC

His claim that the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab is now in mainstream discussion.

According to the CDC, only 36.2% of Americans have been vaccinated. Trump was wrong... again.

Your blatant mischaracterization of what trump said is blatant.

So what?

The USA is in dire problems because Trump wouldn't take steps before C19 became a huge disaster. He lied and mislead and fired people for speaking the truth about the virus.

Who cares about rumours about where the virus originated? As far as I can tell, the only people who care about that are the ones trying to dodge Trump's responsibility for the federal response to the pandemic.

Which was abysmal.
Tom

According to the CDC, only 36.2% of Americans have been vaccinated. Trump was wrong... again.

And likely the numbers would be higher if not for other things Trump has said.

Yeah, Trump supposed a vaccine by the Summer of 2020 and that the disease would just disappear. Also bleach and bright lights through the skin.

Yeah, Trump supposed a vaccine by the Summer of 2020 and that the disease would just disappear. Also bleach and bright lights through the skin.

Wasn't Doctor Trump prescribing drinking the bleach?
Tom

Hormone drugs that reduce androgen levels may help disarm the coronavirus spike protein used to infect cells and stop the progression of severe COVID-19 disease, suggests a new preclinical study from researchers in the Abramson Cancer Center at the University of Pennsylvania and published online in Cell Press’s iScience.

Researchers show how two receptors — known as ACE2 and TMPRSS2 — are regulated by the androgen hormone and used by SARS-CoV-2 to gain entry into host cells. Blocking the receptors with the clinically proven inhibitor Camostat and other anti-androgen therapies prevented viral entry and replication, they also showed in lab studies.
https://scitechdaily.com/hormone-dr...rotein-and-stop-covid-19-disease-progression/

I'm sorry folks. When I read this, I have to laugh because I know what is coming next from the Qarens. You know, accusations of a political agenda to ruin masculinity.

Trump said vaccines would be available to everyone by April. The media laughed him. He was right.

Biden said that too.

Tom

I don't remember Trump saying any such thing. When did he say it?
I remember him promising "it is fifteen cases soon to be zero" in February 2020. Didn't happen.
I remember his saying it would be gone by Easter 2020 - didn't happen.
I remember him promising it would be gone by June 2020 - didn't happen.
I remember his saying we were "turning the corner" in August, September, and October 2020 - didn't happen.

I remember him promising 100m vaccine doses in December - didn't happen.
I remember when Biden's administration discovered that Trump had done absolutely NOTHING about planning vaccine distribution, even after its availability was assured.
Trump was an unmitigated disaster of incompetence and lies. Anyone who thinks otherwise is vastly deluded.

A number of stores in California have dropped the requirement to wear mask while inside. I was at my local recycling depot yesterday which is an outdoor facility and most patrons were mask free. A couple of superstitious fools were still wearing masks. But overall mask wearing has declined considerably from what I can tell.

A number of stores in California have dropped the requirement to wear mask while inside. I was at my local recycling depot yesterday which is an outdoor facility and most patrons were mask free. A couple of superstitious fools were still wearing masks. But overall mask wearing has declined considerably from what I can tell.

When you go maskless are you being honest with everyone that you haven't been vaxxed?

When you go maskless are you being honest with everyone that you haven't been vaxxed?

I believe he has been? I seem to recall him reporting that he got his shot earlier than most of his age and occupational group because thay had spares at the school where his wife works, or some such?

Yes. 600,000 deaths from COVID is a conspiracy from liberal doctors.

If you have not been vaccinated it is called understanding science when you wear a mask.

If you have not been vaccinated you can easily catch COVID from some lying anti-science nut on the right that has COVID but doesn't know it yet and is out there without a mask.

Back
Top Bottom