• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
That's what tends to happen when a force fights in civilian attire. They keep facing fire from adult males in civilian attire pretending to be civilians. A couple of soldiers didn't realize this case was different.
Exactly the issue - these soldiers did not bother to find out. They were not under attack. The victims were shirtless and waving a white flag - there was no visible immediate threat.

Some people hesitate to admit that those they defend have faults, fearing it might validate the opposing side's errors. Just sayin. An old adage passed on from my grand pops.
I'm not saying they didn't make a mistake. I'm looking for the root cause of the mistake.

I saw this comment on a Youtube video:

We all know these “pauses” only happen so Americans don't talk about this conflict around the Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner table.

That's what tends to happen when a force fights in civilian attire. They keep facing fire from adult males in civilian attire pretending to be civilians. A couple of soldiers didn't realize this case was different.
Exactly the issue - these soldiers did not bother to find out. They were not under attack. The victims were shirtless and waving a white flag - there was no visible immediate threat.

Some people hesitate to admit that those they defend have faults, fearing it might validate the opposing side's errors. Just sayin. An old adage passed on from my grand pops.
I'm not saying they didn't make a mistake. I'm looking for the root cause of the mistake.
Perhaps a root cause could be a bloodlust to kill Palestinians?

Certainly the dehumanization and humiliation of one’s enemies is well documented in the history of war.

We all know these “pauses” only happen so Americans don't talk about this conflict around the Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner table.
So, the weeklong ceasefire happened on November 24 the day after Thanksgiving, to be exact.

Why would you think this?

The problem is bloodlust on the part of Islamist militants. Has been for decades, starting in 1948. Continuing to the present.
The reason those people got shot is because Gazans violently attacked Israel, kidnapped hostages, then sent their victims out into a war zone. This isn't hard to find out about.
Tom

The problem is bloodlust on the part of Islamist militants. Has been for decades, starting in 1948. Continuing to the present.
The reason those people got shot is because Gazans violently attacked Israel, kidnapped hostages, then sent their victims out into a war zone. This isn't hard to find out about.
Tom
Plenty of people survive war zones. These 3 poor souls were needlessly killed by the IDF. Your response is senseless.

Plenty of people survive war zones. These 3 poor souls were needlessly killed by the IDF. Your response is senseless.
These three?
They were killed by Hamas and their Gazan supporters.

What about all the other victims of Islamicist violence?

Why do you seem to think that Gazans are incapable of peaceful behavior? I don't think that they are, but they've been taught to be genocidally violent by Muslims. So that's what they support. Genocidal violence, even when it means their own destruction.
Tom

That's stupid. Neither Jews nor Hamas celebrate either holiday.
I am not saying for sure that the comment is true, but it is saying that the timing of ceasefires is about keeping this issue from becoming even bigger to the American public.

The Israelis are very aware of American life and are also coordinating some of this with the U.S.

On another note, when the last hostages are returned to Israel will the bombs still be dropped at the current rate on hospitals and mosques?

If so, what is the incentive for Hamas to give back the hostages?

These three?

Why do you seem to think that Gazans are incapable of peaceful behavior? I don't think that they are, but they've been taught to be genocidally violent by Muslims. So that's what they support. Genocidal violence, even when it means their own destruction.
Tom
Why not both?

Hamas for kidnapping and the IDF soldiers for being violent, murderous cowards.

These three?

Tom
Why not both?

You consider those comparable situations?

Gazans violently assault Israel, again. Without any identifying uniforms or anything. They take hostages, then shove them out into the line of fire, where they die.

And you consider that comparable enough to say "Why not both?"

How about we assign blame for crimes against humanity equally? Gazans caused the disaster. Start with them.
Tom

These three?
That is factually incorrect. The IDF admits their soldiers killed the escaped hostages. Your claim is delusional.

TomC said:

Tom
Your sweeping generalisations indicate your bigotry and nothing else.

Tom
I am presuming they did not intentionally kill their own people so they must have thought they were Palestinians, yes? And they killed them even though they were trying to surrender and admittedly against their own rules of engagement.

Why not both?

In fact, I'd like to make Hamas and Israeli leaders share jail cells for a war-crimes tribunal. Imagine Benjamin Netanyahu and Hamas head Ismail Haniyeh sharing a jail cell.

ETA: BN and IH could be joined by Houthi head Abdel-Malek al-Houthi.

Last edited:

Tom
Plenty of people survive war zones. These 3 poor souls were needlessly killed by the IDF kidnapped by Hamas.
FIFY

That's stupid. Neither Jews nor Hamas celebrate either holiday.
I am not saying for sure that the comment is true, but it is saying that the timing of ceasefires is about keeping this issue from becoming even bigger to the American public.

The Israelis are very aware of American life and are also coordinating some of this with the U.S.

On another note, when the last hostages are returned to Israel will the bombs still be dropped at the current rate on hospitals and mosques?

If so, what is the incentive for Hamas to give back the hostages?

You forget, Israel has already offered to stop shooting if they get the hostages back.

These three?
That is factually incorrect. The IDF admits their soldiers killed the escaped hostages. Your claim is delusional.
We are looking for root causes, not the immediate cause.

And the root cause was Hamas pulling stunts like this in order to move around to new firing positions.

TomC said:

Tom
After a lifetime of brainwashing what else would you expect? Blame the brainwashers. It's not bigotry in recognizing that an entire population has been brainwashed.

I don't know the details exactly, but Netanyahu was born in Israel, either during the attack starting in 1948 or immediately thereafter. Why don't Gazan supporters recognize that he has very good reasons for his attitudes towards Palestinians in general?
Tom

These three?
We are looking for root causes, not the immediate cause.

And the root cause was Hamas pulling stunts like this in order to move around to new firing positions.
That is your opinion. The “ shoot first, ask later” is a frequent MO. So is fear
Loren Pechtel said:
TomC said:

Tom
After a lifetime of brainwashing what else would you expect? Blame the brainwashers. It's not bigotry in recognizing that an entire population has been brainwashed.
It is bigotry to generalize towards the entire population of Gaza based on Hamas,

Back
Top Bottom