• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

So who watched Z’s speech. Historical is the most common adjective of the talking heads. I hope that this speech will unite the country behind him and stop the squabbling over continuing aid to Ukraine. Not sure what McCarthy’s response is. He’s having to appease the traitors in his party.
LOL, unite my ass. US neocons are afraid new congress won't be so enthusiastic about their little war with Russia project. So they invited that narco-clown mini-hitler to speak.

You are as delusional as your "benevolent tsar". Most Republicans are no more anxious to be seen as dupes for Russia than Democrats are. Zelensky got repeated standing ovations during his speech, and many of those jumping out of their seats to cheer him were Republicans. You can see it for yourself (if your masters allow you to see it):

And by the way, Narco-Clown did not get much during this trip.
So, clapping is cheap.
Just to add some context to barbos' idea of "not much".

aid.jpg

Considering 4 trucks completely halted the Russian invasion, this "not much" appears to be enough to get the job done for at least a while.

It was interesting that Zelensky, the Jewish leader of a largely Christian Orthodox country made reference to Ukrainians spending Christmas without heat or light but still not willing to give in. He referred to the day on which Americans celebrate Christmas--December 25--but Orthodox Ukrainians celebrate it on January 7, based on the Julian calendar.

The House approved the budget. Just needs Big Joe's signature. $45 billion for Ukraine. That oughta hold them for awhile.

Nothing has united the American people and politicians against Russia like Putin has.

Nothing has united the American people and politicians against Russia like Putin has.

I don't want to be a complete wet blanket, and I do apologise in advance for inflicting everyone to this but,

Interestingly, Mr. Carlson knows how managers of strip clubs dress. Outside of that, his entire discussion was delusional.

Has anyone else seen the bumper sticker "Tucker Carlson is a Russian Bot." I've seen it twice, once on the bumper of a car and once on the reverse side of a stop sign. In the case of the stop sign it was very visible to walkers who passed by.

Carlson is indeed a Russian Bot, the worst of the worst. He should get the Benedict Arnold award but can't because he's not a veteran.

Has anyone else seen the bumper sticker "Tucker Carlson is a Russian Bot." I've seen it twice, once on the bumper of a car and once on the reverse side of a stop sign. In the case of the stop sign it was very visible to walkers who passed by.

Carlson is indeed a Russian Bot, the worst of the worst. He should get the Benedict Arnold award but can't because he's not a veteran.
Carlson is not a Russian bot. He is a Russian troll. He would have made a good Russian mole, but moles keep their loyalty secret instead of broadcasting it on TV. He's just one of many right wing plundits(like a pundit, but in it only for himself) who realized early on, the only way to achieve his political goals was through a totalitarian government. Putin's Russia seems like the ideal model.

It's just Carlson's misfortune that his model quickly became abhorrent to most Americans. I can understand Carlson's confusion. Putin used the same tactics in Syria and no one seemed to care. He's had to put his Putinaphilia on the back burner and now uses his pulpit to chip away at US support for Ukraine.

So who watched Z’s speech. Historical is the most common adjective of the talking heads. I hope that this speech will unite the country behind him and stop the squabbling over continuing aid to Ukraine. Not sure what McCarthy’s response is. He’s having to appease the traitors in his party.
LOL, unite my ass. US neocons are afraid new congress won't be so enthusiastic about their little war with Russia project. So they invited that narco-clown mini-hitler to speak.
You didn’t answer the question. Did you watch the speech or not. Can you even? If not, what’s your point? If you did, what do you think of the Patriot missile battery? The $45 billion in aid pledged?

And why the fuck aren’t you fighting in Ukraine?

It was interesting that Zelensky, the Jewish leader of a largely Christian Orthodox country made reference to Ukrainians spending Christmas without heat or light but still not willing to give in. He referred to the day on which Americans celebrate Christmas--December 25--but Orthodox Ukrainians celebrate it on January 7, based on the Julian calendar.
That's because the Russian Orthodox Church continues to use the Julian calendar. Like early-modern Protestants, they prefer a pagan to a pope.

The Julian calendar gets its name from Julius Caesar, who got it started in 45 BCE as a reform of the existing Roman calendar. He lived before Jesus Christ was born, and he followed the old-time religion of Rome.
Give me that old-time religion
It was good enough for Numa,
It was good enough for Cato,
it was good enough for Caesar,
and it's good enough for me.

But it was a tiny bit longer than the actual year, and that tiny bit added up over the centuries. So in 1582 CE, Pope Gregory XIII introduced a modification still in use today. Drop the leap year in every century year except for each fourth century. Thus, 1900 had no leap year while 2000 did. Furthermore, to get the calendar in sync with the seasons again, it was necessary to add 10 days to it. Thus, if one started in 1583, the year would begin on January 11.

But this was during the Protestant Reformation, when some churches succeeded in breaking away from the Catholic Church, becoming Protestants, and leading to Europe suffering some very nasty wars about which church will be the official church of each region.

As a result, many Protestants did not go along with what seemed to them like some Catholic plot, and they did not switch over until the first half of the 18th cy. Britain and its North American colonies switched over in 1752, and they had to add 11 days.

Eastern Orthodox countries only switched over in the 1910's or early 1920's, and only for civil use. They had to add 13 days to their calendars for that. When the Bolsheviks took over in Russia, they soon decreed a switchover, not being bothered by what a drug dealer Pope Gregory was. Their coup against the Provisional Government was on 25 October in the old calendar and 7 November in the new calendar, which is why Soviet Communists call that event the October Revolution instead of the November Revolution.

The Eastern Orthodox Church continues to prefer a pagan to a Catholic, it seems, so that is why the Eastern Orthodox Christmas now falls on January 7.

Adoption of the Gregorian calendar

You didn’t answer the question. Did you watch the speech or not. Can you even?
Why would I watch that garbage? I saw some excerpts. It was clearly written by the best neocon eggeheads, tailored to their strategy and given to that clown to read.

If you did, what do you think of the Patriot missile battery? The $45 billion in aid pledged?
What do I think about $1mil Patriot rocket against $4K Geranium drone you ask?

I agree with american generals who say, it's a bad idea which will have zero effect on the battlefield.

Last edited:
Most of the World agrees with Russia.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Don't be so dismissive, Bilby. With the exception of Afghanistan, Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burundi, Central African Republic, China, Congo, Cuba, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, India, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Madagascar, Mali, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zimbabwe, Azerbaijan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Morocco, Togo, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Venezuela, the rest of the world agrees with Russia invading Ukraine.

Most of the World agrees with Russia.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Don't be so dismissive, Bilby. With the exception of Afghanistan, Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burundi, Central African Republic, China, Congo, Cuba, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, India, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Madagascar, Mali, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zimbabwe, Azerbaijan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Morocco, Togo, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Venezuela, the rest of the world agrees with Russia invading Ukraine.
Well sure, those Countries. But they’re all Nazis, and when Poostain is done with the Ukraine Nazis, he’ll liberate them next.

If you did, what do you think of the Patriot missile battery? The $45 billion in aid pledged?
What do I think about $1mil Patriot rocket against $4K Geranium drone you ask?

I agree with american generals who say, it's a bad idea which will have zero effect on the battlefield.
They won't be going after the cheap drones. They'll be targeting your jets and ballistic missiles.

Back
Top Bottom