• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

The VK propaganda link that barbos gave, only leads to a series of propaganda videos. Nothing that he described.
I checked. it shows the video I described. Video was taken by ukrainian SS unit (apparently) and posted elsewhere.
So you are as usual wrong. I reported you to the administration and await what they will do to you.

LOL
Why have you reported me?

Please give the real link.
It has gone very far when I have to ask you to get some propaganda link from you. :floofsmile:

We personally have to back up Ukraine more. We can't just wait for the governments to do everything.
Not just watching like the people here at right of the picture.

1723968810224.png

Status of Storm Shadow Use Within Russia
It is understood that although the UK wants to give Ukraine the freedom to do what they want with the long-range weapon, it requires consensus from allies, including the US, France and a third undisclosed Nato country. A government source stressed that the UK was not blaming the US for any delay, adding that such policy changes took time.
I reckon the US has some laborious assessment process it gets dragged through.

Status of JASSM Use for F-16s
A cadre of pro-Ukraine U.S. lawmakers has been pressing the administration to loosen restrictions on Kyiv’s ability to fire U.S.-supplied weapons into Russian territory. They argue that the U.S. should keep the momentum going after Ukrainian forces crossed the border into Russia on Aug. 6.
Probably a matter of when, not if. Does politics come into play? I'd like to think not but I stopped being naive about politics after Sandy Hook. Hopefully before the end of the year then.

steve bank wrote:
"It shows the danger of government control of education and texts. There were reports Russian texts quickly changed to support the narrative Ukraine was always Russia."

Early 2001 the 'alternative history books' had already been published.
Then came the "proto-Nashi" youth movements with the idea that all foreigners are bad.
2005 began the real "Nashi"-movement. Wiki:
""Nashi", lit. 'Youth Democratic Anti-Fascist Movement "Ours!"') was a political youth movement in Russia, Nashi_(Russian_youth_movement) which declared itself to be a democratic, anti-fascist, anti-"oligarchic-capitalist" movement.
Nashi was widely characterised as a pro-Putin outfit, with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism describing it as "Putin's private army"."

(Governmental) money was not a problem for them. But when Putin did not need them anymore, the flow of money stopped.

Wiki:
"By late 2007, it had grown in size to some 120,000 members aged between 17 and 25. On April 6, 2012, the Nashi leader announced that the current form of the movement would dissolve in the near future, possibly to be replaced by a different organisation."

As I posted before, many but mainly the youth are now brainwashed further.

18 Aug: BLITZ CONTINUES: Sudza City Taken. Glushkovo City Next. | War in Ukraine Explained​

Today there are a lot of updates from the Kursk direction.

Here, the Ukrainians managed to consolidate control of Sudzha and use it as a logistical hub for further assaults in the southern Kursk region. To make things even worse for the Russians, Ukrainians took advantage of weak Russian border defences to open new vectors of attack along the international borders to expand the area of operations.

The minimal damage to buildings in Sudzha indicates that there was little fighting before Russian forces withdrew. The capture of Sudzha, with its intact infrastructure, provides a strategic advantage for the Ukrainians, enabling them to establish a stable logistical hub to support further operations across the Kursk region. This intact infrastructure allows the Ukrainian forces to set up ammunition depots, field hospitals, troop rotation points, and forward operating bases within the town. As a result, the Ukrainian command can accelerate their advance and consolidate control over newly gained territories.

The urban layout of Sudzha offers Ukrainian forces significant advantages for concealing armoured and motorized vehicles, allowing them to accumulate resources for future offensives and repair damaged equipment. The buildings, along with their basements, provide concealed sleeping quarters and hideouts where Ukrainian soldiers can recover and reorganize for upcoming assaults. As an operational hub, Sudzha enables the Ukrainian command to rapidly deploy troops to the frontlines, being just ten to twenty kilometres from all points of the front. In contrast, Ukrainian forces previously relied on Yunakivka in the Sumy Oblast as a staging ground, which is located thirty to forty kilometres from the front.

The establishment of a new logistics hub in Sudzha for the second phase of operations required the Ukrainian offensive group in Kursk to briefly slow down to consolidate their forces. Anticipating this, the Ukrainian command took proactive measures to prevent the Russians from gaining the initiative. They employed remote mining techniques to strategically place anti-infantry and anti-tank mines along potential Russian assault routes. This approach effectively thwarted Russian counterattacks, as the lack of sufficient armored vehicles in the area made such assaults too costly for the Russians to risk.

Aware that the minefields around Sudzha would slow their progress, the Ukrainians prepared additional combat-ready units to sustain their assault. They opened a new axis of attack from the village of Plekhovo toward the Russian-held town of Giri on the southern flank. The primary objective was to advance along the road south of the Psel River, targeting Giri, which lies to the south of Belitsa. Once this objective was secured, Ukrainian forces positioned in the north at Sudzha could launch a coordinated assault on Belitsa from two directions.

The terrain configuration in the area worked to the Ukrainians' advantage, as the Psel River effectively secured the northern flank of their main advance toward Giri. The Russians were unable to threaten the Ukrainian flanks in this sector due to the presence of only two bridges crossing the river. These bridges were closely monitored by Ukrainian drones and protected by sabotage and reconnaissance units, ready to eliminate any Russian forces attempting to cross at these narrow chokepoints.

The Ukrainian assault forces advancing toward Giri moved swiftly along the highway from Plekhovo, seizing control of the nearby settlements of Borki, Spalnoye, Krupets, and Kamyshnoye with little to no Russian resistance. However, the Russians had concentrated their forces just south of Belitsa, in Giri, where they staged a well-prepared ambush. This surprise attack inflicted losses on the Ukrainian formation, forcing them to retreat to Kamyshnoye.

The strong Russian resistance in Giri is due to the concentration of their limited forces in this area. To compensate for their scarcity, Russian troops were covertly deployed on the outskirts of towns with regional significance, such as Giri, which is only administratively separate from Belitsa. However, the massing of Russian forces here means they are stretched thin and absent in other critical areas.

Given the concentrated Russian resistance near Giri, the Ukrainians decided to put their plans to capture Belitsa on hold and redirect their assaults toward Glushkovo...

That was kinda the first thing that popped into my head. Why would anyone with her history and knowledge think that going to Russia is a good idea?
I have heard that muggings are common in Moscow. Of course, they are common in New York too if one is in a wrong area at a wrong time.
You were misinformed. Muggings are extremely rare in Moscow and even in Russia in general.
So that explains where Russia's is getting its Ukraine conscripts

"We raped 3 boys, 5 girls, 6 women, and shot them" - a captured russian occupier tells about his group's atrocities in Avdiivka."​

The guy is barely able to talk due to malnutrition and most certainly beating from ukro-gestapo propaganda department.
It's an old ukro-tale about russians raping everything that moves especially 100 year old ukro-babushkas.

Here is a better video which was released by ukro-nazi themselves:
For these who don't speak russian. Nazi Clowns in Kursk region from Ukraine wearing WW2 german SS uniform harass an old man using fake german accent and some german. Calling him a russian Ivan, Russian pig.
Irony is, old man is actually from ..... Ukraine, which he left after nazi coup in 2014.
5 million rubles reward was offered for catching these nazi clowns.

Yeah? Well how much longer before you kick them out of Kursk?

The VK propaganda link that barbos gave, only leads to a series of propaganda videos. Nothing that he described.
I wanted to check why he believes that it is made by the Ukrainians - not Russian FSB?

I clicked on it and got a supposedly Ukrainian soldier wearing a German SS helmet, not a uniform. It's a short video. The camera holder is speaking to an old man but I cannot confirm what is said.

Ukrainians in the eastern part of Kursk

• The main bridge in the area (Glushkovo) is completely destroyed, and the Russians have built a pontoon bridge nearby.
  • The nearest other bridge (Zvannoe) is still suitable for personal traffic.
  • The third bridge (Karyzh) is still operational.

Once the bridges are no longer available, Russian troops and equipment will be surrounded on the southern side of the river.
    The Ukrainians need to clear this eastern area, which is about 700 square kilometers.
Bridge map 1.jpg

Bridge ZVannoe.jpg

Bridge Zvannoe photo.jpg

Moldova is having a referendum on joining the EU. I listened to an interview with the president. She says Russian propaganda is clearly at work. Fake news. Promoting right wing groups.

I gave listened to her before, sounds like a remarkable person. Tiny Moldova flipping the bird to Putin.

We have our own Russian influencer on the forum.

The Republic of Moldova is at a turning point, facing critical decisions that will define its future. The country’s European orientation, backed by a national consensus according to recent polls, reflects citizens’ desire for stability, prosperity, and a strengthened rule of law—all of which they perceive as more accessible within the European Union. At the same time, Russia aims to thwart Moldova’s pro-European aspirations and keep the country under its influence through interference in electoral processes and hybrid warfare tactics. In the context of Russia’s hybrid war against Europe, the next 15 months will be crucial for Moldova.

Although Vladimir Putin did not refer to Transnistria in his 29 February address, previous revisionist speeches from the Russian president, the Kremlin’s actions and official doctrines all suggest that Russia sees Moldova as ‘a historical Russian territory’.

Russian Army Using Conscripts Like Cannon Fodder - Dying Like Flies.​

Relatives of Russian conscripts are looking for their sons who disappeared after fighting in the Kursk region. “I think Putin doesn’t even know that our sons were sent there.” Reports the Russian oppositional media Mediazona on August 16, 2024.

The Kursk border region is guarded predominantly by conscripts, like many other “second tier” areas, that were previously thought to be safe from large-scale Ukrainian assaults. At the start of Ukraine’s new offensive conscripts found themselves on the front line. But rather than pull them back in favour of experienced and full-time soldiers, Putin seems to be doubling down, and sending more units of untrained and ill-equipped fighters to take on the battle-hardened and highly motivated Ukrainian troops.

Contract soldiers are now surrendering in huge quantities but also dying like flies, to save Putin’s skin.

Many of the so-called ‘kontraktniki” have been captured or are listed as missing. New conscripts from other units from other units are being rushed to the border regions, though equally unprepared. But perhaps the scale and ambition of Ukrainian plans to seize extensive further border territory are underestimated and underappreciated both by Russia and by some allies.

Authorities have not confirmed the deaths of the conscripts, but reports of some individual deaths are started to come out. 22-year-old Artem Dobrodumsky died in the Kursk region. His obituary was published at the karate sports club where Dobrodumsky trained for many years. According to his coach he died three days before his birthday, but the details of his passing are not known. “All that is known today is that he served in military service and died near Kursk,” according to his coach. Neither the publication nor the coach asks the crucial question “for what did he die?”
Continues in the video:

Oh oooh, one of those darned moral dilemmas for Aup.
I don't think he has directly answered whether or not he thinks Putin is justified.
No. I do not justify either Putin or US/NATO. Both are at fault.
But kindly understand that India too is chafing by proliferation of Chinese bases in Arabian Se and Bay of Bengal.
What do we know that on what pretext China would start a war with India?
I understand Putin's position. You people don't. You have forgotten Kennedy's reaction to Cuban crisis.
But those are NATO bases. If we attacked Russia they wouldn't participate. They are only a threat if Russia attacks.

Back
Top Bottom