• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

This is making me laugh way too hard. Somebody photoshop a facepalm on Jefferson.

Kanye_Sarah.jpg

Last edited:
Not so much laugh, but this is a fascinating optical illusion.

View attachment 18084

I've seen this a few times and yep, every single time I see them upside down at first, and then I glance at the bowls on the left and they're all turned over.

If you see the light as coming from the left and slightly beneath the center of the image, all of them look upside down. But if you visualize it coming from the lower right, they're right side up.

Not so much laugh, but this is a fascinating optical illusion.

View attachment 18084

I've seen this a few times and yep, every single time I see them upside down at first, and then I glance at the bowls on the left and they're all turned over.

If you see the light as coming from the left and slightly beneath the center of the image, all of them look upside down. But if you visualize it coming from the lower right, they're right side up.

Yeah, when I sit there and look away and back, I can switch. Have you seen that twirling ballerina silhouette image? That's one that I can easily switch back and forth at will. With this one it's not so easy.

Speaking of optical illusions ...

I've heard about the blind spot, and read about techniques for finding it, but never had any luck until a couple of days ago.

1. Close your left eye.
  2. Look at some specific point with your right eye. The 1 at the beginning of the previous line will do nicely.
  3. Extend your right arm; stick your thumb up so that it blocks the point you were looking at.
  4. Now move your arm slowly to the right, while continuing to look at the point you were looking at before.
  5. Notice when your thumb just disappears. For me, with my size monitor, font size, distance from monitor
    etcetera, it happens when my thumb is about, oh, about right here. Only, you know, four lines up, over
    the word "beginning" on line 1.

Poof, the thumb is gone. Then, if I keep moving, the thumb is back. Back and forth I go, with the thumb appearing and disappearing. My mind Photoshops over the missing thumb, replacing it with whatever--based on context--it thinks should be there.

I've read that if you put two pencils end to end, eraser to eraser, and get the erasers in the blind spot, your brain will turn them into a single long pencil with no erasers.

It's a substantial gap in the field of vision. You're really blind there, and you don't know it. It's one more reason to look twice before pulling into an intersection, in hopes that a car in your blind spot will have moved out of it.

DpS8yFsVsAAxdKV.jpg

Yeah, when I sit there and look away and back, I can switch. Have you seen that twirling ballerina silhouette image? That's one that I can easily switch back and forth at will. With this one it's not so easy.

Looking at the sectional plates and scrolling the image up and down seems to work for me. Looking at the bowl in the top right or the ones in the bottom left invert it again.

This is making me laugh way too hard. Somebody photoshop a facepalm on Jefferson.

View attachment 18082

Coming soon: the long-awaited sequel to Dumb and Dumber!

Dislcaimer: To anyone offended by the above, you are a special princess snowflake because your parents fucked and your parents have/had white skin. This makes you a special princess and a stable genius. I'm only criticizing you because I'm jealous of your superior skin-powered intellect.

Back
Top Bottom