• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

no, not time to change the title here--because in the last 48 hours they've turned to calling for martial law.

no, not time to change the title here--because in the last 48 hours they've turned to calling for martial law.

And now Trump is considering firing Barr because "he hasn't looked very hard."

Expect Barr to find massive evidence of voter fraud soon. Probably by early next week. Just in time to stop the electoral college from voting. Conservatives are on pins and needles waiting for this massive evidence to finally come to light. They know it exists and it is going to vindicate them. Then the Supreme Court will have to rule in their favor. Without a court ruling I expect the JCS to tell Trump to fuck himself. He'll need a court ruling to complete the coup.

Rule of thumb: If you would have to "suspend the Constitution" in order to achieve your goals, then what you're doing is probably against the law.

And now Trump is considering firing Barr because "he hasn't looked very hard."

Expect Barr to find massive evidence of voter fraud soon. Probably by early next week. Just in time to stop the electoral college from voting. Conservatives are on pins and needles waiting for this massive evidence to finally come to light. They know it exists and it is going to vindicate them. Then the Supreme Court will have to rule in their favor. Without a court ruling I expect the JCS to tell Trump to fuck himself. He'll need a court ruling to complete the coup.

I gotta admit that sometimes I wonder if these people really are delusional or if it's just a bunch of political acting. It really doesn't matter in the end though, what a person does is what a person does. On that fact alone they will be judged, that and evidence.

Sounds like a troll. Who in the US says "car note" instead of "car payment"?
People in other countries make bets on US elections. Or could be a Brit ex-pat living in the US.

Could be; But I have never heard a Brit say "car note", and I lived there for the first twenty five years of my life.

I assumed it was an American term, as I have never heard it from English speakers in the UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, India or Singapore, which are all places with whose English dialects I am fairly familiar.

It is an American term, and quite common in the car/house financing business in the US.

Could be; But I have never heard a Brit say "car note", and I lived there for the first twenty five years of my life.

I assumed it was an American term, as I have never heard it from English speakers in the UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, India or Singapore, which are all places with whose English dialects I am fairly familiar.

It is an American term, and quite common in the car/house financing business in the US.

I've never heard it before. Have bought lots of cars and lots of houses. I've never even seen it written outside of this thread. Perhaps it's an industry term that doesn't typically make its way into common usage outside the office world.

For shits and giggles I googled the term. I get "car loan," "car payment," "auto loan," "loan payment," "calculator." The term "car note" doesn't show up in the search. Didn't check beyond the first three pages of the search.

Assistant SECDEF, Scott O’Grady, just tweeted we need martial law and a new election to stop Biden’s coup!

"I don't know who needs to hear this. But calling for martial law is not a bad idea when there is an attempted coup against the president and this country happening right now."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/04/politics/trump-nominee-pentagon-martial-law/index.html

This shit is getting fucking serious!!!!

O’Grady is one of the new Trump appointees there.

Count me as another American who has never heard the term before.

Count me as another American who has never heard the term before.

I've heard it before, many times. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 9.32.35 AM.png

Assistant SECDEF, Scott O’Grady, just tweeted we need martial law and a new election to stop Biden’s coup!

"I don't know who needs to hear this. But calling for martial law is not a bad idea when there is an attempted coup against the president and this country happening right now."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/04/politics/trump-nominee-pentagon-martial-law/index.html

He sounds like Pence, another syncophant that doesn't know which way to face unless he's fellating the President. Not likely to make it into future cabinets. :D

It seems familiar to me, not that I use it, but then again my dad spent his years as a bank manager (retired in 1985). I think it also might have been used more in the past. My dad grew up in New England.

I've never heard it before. Have bought lots of cars and lots of houses. I've never even seen it written outside of this thread. Perhaps it's an industry term that doesn't typically make its way into common usage outside the office world.

For shits and giggles I googled the term. I get "car loan," "car payment," "auto loan," "loan payment," "calculator." The term "car note" doesn't show up in the search. Didn't check beyond the first three pages of the search.

From Investopedia:

• A loan note is a type of promissory agreement that outlines the legal obligations of the lender and the borrower.
  • A loan note is a legally binding agreement that includes all the terms of the loan, such as the payment schedule, due date, principal amount, interest rate, and any prepayment penalties.
  • Lenders typically require borrowers to agree to loan notes for big-ticket purchases, such as for a home or car.
  • Loan notes can have tax benefits to the borrower and can also be a convenient source of seed money for new entrepreneurs and startups.
  • In many cases, a loan note is preferable to an informal IOU because a loan note holds more legal significance and is easier to uphold in court should there be a disagreement between the parties.

I've heard it used commonly as a "car note" but it applies to other loans as well. The note is what you sign (the credit agreement or promissory note) if you borrow money to pay for a car or house. It could be a southern thing, but I have heard the term used many times.

Googled it, got, "car note meaning", clicked on the first link, to KeystoneAutoLoans, which a further very quick Google search showed as having an office (headquarters?) in Wilmington North Carolina. Here is the first part of their Car note meaning page: What is a Car Note and Should I Get One?
July 13, 2012

"What is a car note?

As you know, car loans are loans taken out to finance a vehicle purchase. Simply stated, a car note is the payment that must be made periodically to repay an auto loan. Typically they are due monthly, though some lenders require weekly or bi-weekly payments."

He sounds like Pence, another syncophant that doesn't know which way to face unless he's fellating the President. Not likely to make it into future cabinets. :D

but it is this sort of person whose advice Trump is likely to consider seriously. If the US Pres declares martial law and suspends the Constitution, is there anything that the US Congress or Spupreme Court could even do about that sort of coup, since their powers are established in the Constitution?

NOBODY can "suspend" the constitution. *

Martial law is a situation where habeas corpus is suspended and designated authorities are permitted to imprision anyone for any reason.

Congress doesn't disappear during martial law, nor does the SC. Theoretically all the members of congress and the SC (or just the "opposition" ones) could be imprisoned during martial law, but the constitution and the powers it delegates remain mostly intact.

*A constitutional convention might culminate in a suspension of the present constitution, but it would almost certainly be instantly replaced with a new constitution.

Last edited:
NOBODY can "suspend" the constituition. *

Martial law is a situation where haebeus corpus is suspended and designated authorities are permitted to imprision anyone for any reason.

Congress doesn't disappear during martial law, nor does the SC. Theoretically all the members of congress and the SC (or just the "opposition" ones) could be imprisoned during martial law, but the constituition And the powers it delegates remain mostly intact.

*A contituitional convention might culminate in a suspension of the present constitution, but it would almot certainly be instantly replaced with a new constitution.

thank you for this clarification. So Trump couldn't unilaterally declare the November election illegitimate under martial law and or up a new election, right? This is what some prominent American nutbars appear to be advising.

NOBODY can "suspend" the constituition. *

Martial law is a situation where haebeus corpus is suspended and designated authorities are permitted to imprision anyone for any reason.

Congress doesn't disappear during martial law, nor does the SC. Theoretically all the members of congress and the SC (or just the "opposition" ones) could be imprisoned during martial law, but the constituition And the powers it delegates remain mostly intact.

*A contituitional convention might culminate in a suspension of the present constitution, but it would almot certainly be instantly replaced with a new constitution.

thank you for this clarification. So Trump couldn't unilaterally declare the November election illegitimate under martial law and or up a new election, right? This is what some prominent American nutbars appear to be advising.

A nutjob declares martial law because he lost an election? Really?

I've never heard anyone say it until now.

Me too. I read, "car note," and wondered if we were talking about a particularly melodious horn.

Back
Top Bottom