• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

I do find some dark humor in the number of thin blue line flags I see flying in that crowd... as they point guns at cops.

Fucking traitors.

Oh right, Trump would direct the National Guard. So, pretty good thing that they're not getting involved.
Incorrect. There's a chain of command. Generally, the guard are considered local, and under the command of the state's governor where they are enlisted. In this case, DC falls (IIRC) under the VANG. The DC mayor would likely be given the command (and he would delegate that to those who know what they're doing).

I do find some dark humor in the number of thin blue line flags I see flying in that crowd... as they point guns at cops.

Fucking traitors.

I find it amusing that some here think "Black Lives Matter" is racist because they don't add verbiage like "Black Lives Matter (but not exclusively)".
But clearly there are words missing from the other flag. "Blue Lives Matter (when they're beating the blacks)."

Ha. And ha, again. It is to giggle.

This what Trump did to protect a simple statue when people of color demanded they stop getting shot.

FC7A52CB-4014-42C1-9142-FC3C5FA1776D.jpeg

Now he has the pentagon deny help. What a fucking turd.

Biden on national TV: This is assault, sedition, insurrection.

Trump on twitter: I love you very much, but you should go home now.

So, Trump just poured more gas on the fire. His message was 95% motivating more violence with lies and 5% luke warm "go home".

Trump tells his mob the election was stolen, but to go home.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346928882595885058[/TWEET]

Impeach him just for this video alone.

All Republicans supporting Trump's lies and efforts to object to the electoral votes are responsible for what's happening, and those of them decrying this terrorism are hypocrites who deliberately caused it but are now trying to pretend this went too far.

If what Trump is saying was actually true, then violent overthrow of the Capitol would be justified. Thus, to support his baseless lies that the election was stolen in a way that can never be proven false is to support the violent overthrow of democracy.

If there was ever a time that lethal force was justified by police, this is it.
Fuck these trumpsucking traitors.

It isn't justified. Violence never is "justified". But it sure looks like the only available solution at this point.

From Dec 20th:

I'm going with now. Here's why.

Here's the Constitution on what treason is:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The first sentence has the form:
Treason consists of A or B.
A = "in levying War against them [the United States]"
B = "in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Here is my take on A:
An occupation by military to force them to overturn a legitimate election is an act of war against the persons. Doing so in several states so it effects the outcome of the whole election is an act of war against the United States.

The word "levy" itself does not even require occupation, but instead can minimally require preparation such as arming a National Guard and sending them orders for occupation. That itself would be levying war.

So, if Trump, followed through with the suggestion from Flynn by merely sending orders that would meet the criteria of A. Thus, it would in that case be Twitler committed treason and those persons with him by providing aid and comfort (B) such as Sydney Powell and Flynn would also be treasonous.

However, Trump did not follow through (yet?). So now, Flynn and Powell are probably guilty of conspiracy to commit treason, but no one is going to call them on this, save some people on the Internets, like us.

Here is my take on B:
As above, if Trump initiated an act of war against several states by sending in forces to redo an election which he lost, he'd be the Enemy, in this case a domestic enemy. Flynn and Powell would be adhering to his will to be an enemy and providing aid and comfort in the form of advise and presumably direction of underlings, if any.

However, if there is no martial law in those several states or no occupation to force a reelection, can we still call Trump an Enemy in the sense of the Constitution? If we could, it would appear that Flynn and Powell would be treasonous and so all we have left to prove is that Trump was an Enemy of the United States at the time of the meeting where a conspiracy to commit treason was discussed.

Is Trump an Enemy of the United States?

The short answer is yes.

The longer answer is that just like the framers had built up a list of grievances against King George in order to declare their independence, one could do the same against Trump. His negligence and abuse have resulted in hundreds of thousands dead. The complicated issue of being a terrible President distinguished from an Enemy of the United States probably always lingers in the background, which is why it may be important to also point out the following:

It's really Trump's undemocratic actions that make him an enemy of the Constitution and the United States. Since the election results have become clear, he's controlled a faction of undemocratic persons ordering them to fabricate evidence of fraud by his opponent. He's engaged in phone calls and communications to several states to try to convince them to overturn results in order to take illegitimate control of the future United States, ie. an attempted illegitimate coup d'etat of statesmen and propagandists. The victim is the people and the future United States administration as well as a military that would be controlled by someone who didn't win the democratic election.

What is more than that is he has prepared a paramilitary of brainwashed minions, both Qanon conspiracy theorists and Proud Boys, the latter of which he told to "Stand Back and Stand By." These are persons he knows are armed and willing to commit violence on his behalf. There is a distinction here: he did not tell them to Stand Down but instead to Stand By...i.e. to be used in the future, which means he has prepared an army for future war.

Even though I think we all know these are the reasons that Donald Trump is an Enemy of the United States, we also know it would not get anywhere in a court of law. There'd be too much difficulty in proving his connections to ordering things (versus, say, Steve Bannon). It would also come across as free speech as opposed to conspiracy to commit treason.

If and when something more material happens, the conclusion in a court of law could be different.

And...

We now have something more material.

So, yes, this is treason and could be pursued in court (or congress) and make a decent case for it.

Aljazeera has good coverage, including a photo of some Deplorable turn sitting at the private desk of Nancy Pelosi.
This what Trump did to protect a simple statue when people of color demanded they stop getting shot.

View attachment 31159

Now he has the pentagon deny help. What a fucking turd.

From Aljazeera:
"the mayor of Washington, DC, Muriel Bowser, ... had preemptively asked for National Guard assistance earlier this week" ... but this was denied by Trump or the Trumpist DoD?

Trump tells his mob the election was stolen, but to go home.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346928882595885058[/TWEET]

Impeach him just for this video alone.

He also called them "very special". :hysterical:

OK Republican on TV saying dozens of Capitol police have been assaulted and injured and some of the "protesters" had "hate and evil in their eyes".

The irony and hypocrisy of watching gun nuts engaged in violent, criminal actions that by their own arguments warranted them being gunned down while rampaging the halls of the Capitol.

Back
Top Bottom