• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kapaernick

I'm only being a little bit facetious when I say that if Kaep really wanted to play again, he could smack his girlfriend around a bit, get arrested on weapons charges, or abuse some animals and he'd be let right back in.

Exactly. Unless he does it on video (ala Ray Rice). The Cowboys and Bengals have hired the scum of the Earth, with the league's blessing, but suddenly they're concerned about fan reaction? Sorry, no.

Joe Mixon hit a girl on video and has a job.

Maybe there's some reason why Adrian Peterson has a job and Ray Rice does not. Maybe there's some reason why Greg Hardy could get a job 2 years ago and not now.

Exactly. Unless he does it on video (ala Ray Rice). The Cowboys and Bengals have hired the scum of the Earth, with the league's blessing, but suddenly they're concerned about fan reaction? Sorry, no.

Maybe there's some reason why Adrian Peterson has a job and Ray Rice does not. Maybe there's some reason why Greg Hardy could get a job 2 years ago and not now.

True, Mixon does have a job. I guess I should amend my statement to say that you shouldn't be the first guy to do X on video (or at the game). The league can blackball you to show how seriously they take issue X, while bringing in other guys. Same with Kap being the first.

True, Mixon does have a job. I guess I should amend my statement to say that you shouldn't be the first guy to do X on video (or at the game). The league can blackball you to show how seriously they take issue X, while bringing in other guys. Same with Kap being the first.

"The league" is not blackballing anyone. Each individual team in its own capacity is making the decision not to hire them.

Just like they are not hiring you and me and 99.999% of the other people on earth to play for them.

Needless to say, potential employers do not look kindly upon politicking while representing their team.

Which is exactly why you never get to hear the national anthem in a stadium. :D

I love how Derec goes to so much effort and so many words to explain and clarify what giant babies those cops are. Just to clear that up and make the infantile, stunted mentality of those cops as plain as possible.
:lol:

So can anyone explain the difference between Kapaernick (and some other football players) taking a knee and when Tebow took a knee? Or when football players in my high school ( many years ago) took a knee (in prayer)? Is it because some of Kapaernick is black?

I think it's because he's black.

Actually showing disrespect would be turning your back on the flag.

So can anyone explain the difference between Kapaernick (and some other football players) taking a knee and when Tebow took a knee? Or when football players in my high school ( many years ago) took a knee (in prayer)? Is it because some of Kapaernick is black?

Actually I think it has less to do with Kaep than it does with people trying to demonstrate their own patriotism.

A friend of mine is a huge 49ers fan and a flag-waving patriot. He was so angry over Kaep taking a knee that he made up a promotion on his Facebook page called "Sack a Kaep." Every time the QB would get sacked, he'd donate 5 bucks to some "rah rah American veterans" charity and encouraged all his friends to do so.

All he was really doing was proving to anyone listening that he could wave the flag harder than you.

In response, I matched his donations...to the ACLU.

Actually I think it has less to do with Kaep than it does with people trying to demonstrate their own patriotism.

A friend of mine is a huge 49ers fan and a flag-waving patriot. He was so angry over Kaep taking a knee that he made up a promotion on his Facebook page called "Sack a Kaep." Every time the QB would get sacked, he'd donate 5 bucks to some "rah rah American veterans" charity and encouraged all his friends to do so.

All he was really doing was proving to anyone listening that he could wave the flag harder than you.

In response, I matched his donations...to the ACLU.

Good on you re: donations.

I think you have an excellent point about wishing to show who's more patriotic. I'm just not certain it would be such a thing if the players were white--their patriotism wouldn't be called so into question. Instead, I think people would see it as reverence,not protest.

Personally, I think it's reverential and patriotic to protest the abuse of power and of persons because of the color of their skin.

Tebow took a knee after scoring a touchdown. Quite different from taking a knee during the anthem, and with a completely different purpose.

Tebow took a knee after scoring a touchdown. Quite different from taking a knee during the anthem, and with a completely different purpose.

Well, if Kaep had invoked the "name of Jeeezus" in his kneeling display, most of the objectors would have stayed quiet about it.

I confess that I did not realize he was black until all this started. Before the fro he didn't look very black, and Colin Kaepernick from Wisconsin sounds like a white guy.

I confess that I did not realize he was black until all this started. Before the fro he didn't look very black, and Colin Kaepernick from Wisconsin sounds like a white guy.

He used to be a white guy, but being a black guy is a CHOICE, dontcha know. :eek:
I'm pretty sure he was white when he first showed up with the 9ers. At least I thought so too.

He's mixed race and adopted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...478688d23b4_story.html?utm_term=.3fabee9df619

What exactly is the harm in taking a knee during the anthem?

Fuck the stupid anthem and the mindless robots that care about it.

True. Celebrations in the end zone were supposed to be violations, whereas sitting/kneeling for the anthem never was.

Well, if Kaep had invoked the "name of Jeeezus" in his kneeling display, most of the objectors would have stayed quiet about it.

Actually Kaep and Timbow are the same, but opposite sides of the political spectrum. Both are very average QBs, but could probably have an okay career as a backup. But both are unemployed because of they placed their politics above the football. They are also similar in that people think that Tebow isn't playing because Football guys hate Christians; and Kaep isn't playing because they hate anti-anthem people! The real deal is that football is like a religion. And people who don't toe the football line, don't get a job - unless they are very very talented.

Toni: actually Kaep and Tebow both took a knee for reasons other than football, and have been punished for it.

Actually Kaep and Timbow are the same, but opposite sides of the political spectrum. Both are very average QBs, but could probably have an okay career as a backup. But both are unemployed because of they placed their politics above the football. They are also similar in that people think that Tebow isn't playing because Football guys hate Christians; and Kaep isn't playing because they hate anti-anthem people! The real deal is that football is like a religion. And people who don't toe the football line, don't get a job - unless they are very very talented.

LOL, Tebow couldn't reach average with a ladder. Kap led his team to within one play of a championship.

Back
Top Bottom