• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

MAGA Rally In DC For Reality Denial

and now MAGA protesters destroying signs put up by local businesses.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/MacWBishop/status/1328030225041645568?s=20[/TWEET]

IOW, it's just an excuse for another white supremacy march as has been every pro-Trump gathering ever.

Apparetly, some counterprotesters have been shooting off fireworks at MAGAs?
Police arrest DC man in firework attack after Million MAGA March

What happened to "when they go low we go high"?

OMG, those poor MAGAs! They are cowering victims!
People shouldn't be targeting anyone with fireworks, regardless how stupid they are in their protesting.
I dunno, this is pretty entertaining:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyEiqz6gKYo

OMG, those poor MAGAs! They are cowering victims!
People shouldn't be targeting anyone with fireworks, regardless how stupid they are in their protesting.

Exactly.
Making a tense situation worse with explosives is irresponsible and dangerous.

I don't care why you feel entitled.
Tom

There is always someone who cannot restrain themselves. But one person does not represent the entire group.
You don't understand how this works.

A black person, or BLM protestor does something 'bad', then all of them are bad.

A white person, cop, or other authority figure with an 'R' by their name does something bad, they're a lone wolf, or just joking, or it's ok because they're owning the libs.

Glad I could help.

There is always someone who cannot restrain themselves. But one person does not represent the entire group.
I can't speak of the assaulter's motives using fireworks against the protestors, but I can almost say with certainty, they didn't do it because they were incited to act because of what President-Elect Joe Biden said.

And I suppose this is a big difference between the anti-Trump protests in 2016/2017. Those happened almost on their own accord. I don't recall Hillary Clinton telling her people Trump stole the election, rise up.

Trump is inciting these protests with his lies about fraud. These people aren't protesting a Biden Presidency. They are protesting electoral fraud by the Democrats... something that never happened.

Trump was doing this without citing fraud. When the caravan of Trump trucks hemmed in the Biden bus in TX, causing the workers on the bus to cancel the day's events, Trump's verbatim response was: "In my opinion, these patriots did nothing wrong." 40% of our country, give or take, approves of this.

A black person, or BLM protestor does something 'bad', then all of them are bad.

A white person, cop, or other authority figure with an 'R' by their name does something bad, they're a lone wolf, or just joking, or it's ok because they're owning the libs.

Glad I could help.

No, it's not that simple, not that cut and dry. Blaming the group for the behavior of individuals belonging to that group occurs on both sides, all sides, all over, all the time. Generalizing is stupid. It's always stupid. Some people are stupid, on all sides, from all perspectives, left, right, and the middle. We have a hugely over-repped poster here who loves to say that "Americans are this..." or "Americans are that"; "Americans think this..." Americans think that..." Sadly, stupidly, this person loves to ridicule bigotry and foolish generalizations, while brazenly doing it himself, all the time, all the fucking time.

Glad I could help.

No, it's not that simple, not that cut and dry. Blaming the group for the behavior of individuals belonging to that group occurs on both sides, all sides, all over, all the time.

But not equally.

Any human trait that you might consider to be unintelligent, a cognitive pitfall, immature, based in animal brain reaction, not based in reason or intelligent thought... Every single human being has the capacity for these weaknesses of thought and behavior, but not equally the tendency.

Those traits tend to pool into right wing ideologies: authority worship, not questioning, insisting on conformity, diminished empathy, rigid closed mindedness, unwillingness to admit wrong, fear of change and other, willingness to punish, hurt, or kill outgroups, fear mongering, groupthink.

There is a reason that Republican administrations have much longer lists of criminal convictions than Democrats.
There is a reason that right wing ideologies give rise to white supremacy and attract Nazi ideology and mentality.
There is a reason that WT is pointing out the hypocrisy and duplicity of Republicans in how they generalize opposition by the behavior of a few.

I could go on. The point is that both sides are not the same, and saying they are only supports a violent idiocracy and erosion of democracy.

Glad I could help.

No, it's not that simple, not that cut and dry. Blaming the group for the behavior of individuals belonging to that group occurs on both sides, all sides, all over, all the time.

But not equally.

Any human trait that you might consider to be unintelligent, a cognitive pitfall, immature, based in animal brain reaction, not based in reason or intelligent thought... Every single human being has the capacity for these weaknesses of thought and behavior, but not equally the tendency.

Those traits tend to pool into right wing ideologies: authority worship, not questioning, insisting on conformity, diminished empathy, rigid closed mindedness, unwillingness to admit wrong, fear of change and other, willingness to punish, hurt, or kill outgroups, fear mongering, groupthink.

There is a reason that Republican administrations have much longer lists of criminal convictions than Democrats.
There is a reason that right wing ideologies give rise to white supremacy and attract Nazi ideology and mentality.
There is a reason that WT is pointing out the hypocrisy and duplicity of Republicans in how they generalize opposition by the behavior of a few.

I could go on. The point is that both sides are not the same, and saying they are only supports a violent idiocracy and erosion of democracy.

I do not claim that both sides are the same. Actually I think individual ethical orientations are too varied and numerous for "sides" to even be sensical. It is not black and white, left and right. There are millions of shades of grey.

But saying that black people are X is no dumber than saying that white people are X, it's just that saying white people are X is now more acceptable. But, because of the repulsive slave trade, and because of pig-headed racism and bigotry, it is understandable that people should find the latter more acceptable than the former. Not only understandable: maybe even logical in some sense, but still dumb. Dumb as in not true.

But not equally.

I do not claim that both sides are the same. Actually I think individual ethical orientations are too varied and numerous for "sides" to even be sensical. It is not black and white, left and right. There are millions of shades of grey.

But saying that black people are X is no dumber than saying that white people are X, it's just that saying white people are X is now more acceptable. But, because of the repulsive slave trade, and because of pig-headed racism and bigotry, it is understandable that people should find the latter more acceptable than the former. Not only understandable: maybe even logical in some sense, but still dumb. Dumb as in not true.

But WT's post that you were responding to isn't saying that. It's just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Republican mentality of projection and generalization. As I said, both sides are not the same, and right wingers should be called out for their hypocrisy and bad behavior as a group.

When there are Republicans who break from this mentality or even go so far as to criticize it, those people tend to not be Republicans anymore.

Again, there is a reason people criticize Republicans and their ideology that gives rise to some of the worst atrocities in human history, and dismissing that criticism with "but other people do it, too, and it's wrong to generalize," is at best missing the point and at worst serving those who are happy to bring about atrocity.

But not equally.

But WT's post that you were responding to isn't saying that. It's just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Republican mentality of projection and generalization. As I said, both sides are not the same, and right wingers should be called out for their hypocrisy and bad behavior as a group.

Are you actually claiming that all republicans, conservatives, right-wingers, etc, are hypocrites and behave badly? Because I know many people on the right who do not behave badly, who are good people, and who simply have a different set of values. Generalization is always wrong. Always.

Are you actually claiming that all republicans, conservatives, right-wingers, etc, are hypocrites and behave badly? Because I know many people on the right who do not behave badly, who are good people, and who simply have a different set of values. Generalization is always wrong. Always.

Except it's not generalization. It's an inhumane (at best) ideology that Republicans support, whether their hands are personally bloodstained or not.

Every Republican supports an inhumane and dangerous ideology. Every single one. Every trump fan supports fascism and oppressing others.

The hypocrisy, projection, and lying that naturally come with that ideology should damn well be called out.

This is not a generalization.

Do these people support putting children in concentration camps? If so I would not consider them good people.

Back
Top Bottom