• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

MAGA Rally In DC For Reality Denial

But WT's post that you were responding to isn't saying that. It's just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Republican mentality of projection and generalization. As I said, both sides are not the same, and right wingers should be called out for their hypocrisy and bad behavior as a group.

Are you actually claiming that all republicans, conservatives, right-wingers, etc, are hypocrites and behave badly? Because I know many people on the right who do not behave badly, who are good people, and who simply have a different set of values. Generalization is always wrong. Always.

Except it's not generalization. It's an inhumane (at best) ideology that Republicans support, whether their hands are personally bloodstained or not.

Every Republican supports an inhumane and dangerous ideology. Every single one. Every trump fan supports fascism and oppressing others.

The hypocrisy, projection, and lying that naturally come with that ideology should damn well be called out.

This is not a generalization.

Every Trump fan supports fascism? Egads.

Except it's not generalization. It's an inhumane (at best) ideology that Republicans support, whether their hands are personally bloodstained or not.

Every Republican supports an inhumane and dangerous ideology. Every single one. Every trump fan supports fascism and oppressing others.

The hypocrisy, projection, and lying that naturally come with that ideology should damn well be called out.

Whether they know it and have no oral compunctions or they are so utterly stupid and vapid and unaware that they are effectively mindlessly serving evil, yes.

Yes, all trump fans support fascism. Have the humanity and conscience to not dismiss this.

Are you actually claiming that all republicans, conservatives, right-wingers, etc, are hypocrites and behave badly? Because I know many people on the right who do not behave badly, who are good people, and who simply have a different set of values. Generalization is always wrong. Always.

Do these people support putting children in concentration camps? If so I would not consider them good people.

Neither would I. I don't care for the facile comparison to nazi concentration camps, where people were systematically starved, raped, beaten, cut into without anaesthesia, murdered, tortured.

Of course I don't condone what was done to those immigrant children in those dismal places, in fact I abhor it, but the two things are not the same. As you well know. Both things are wrong, but the former was far more heinous than the latter, and easy comparisons do a grave disservice to the victims and loved ones of the former.

Whether they know it and have no oral compunctions or they are so utterly stupid and vapid and unaware that they are effectively mindlessly serving evil, yes.

Yes, all trump fans support fascism. Have the humanity and conscience to not dismiss this.

You are wrong.

Yeah, it's that "different set of values" that give rise to atrocity. They value worshiping authority, punishing outgroups, NOT questioning themselves or anyone else in their ideological tribe, having zero empathy for people who are not like them or care for things that don't affect them.

It's disgusting to even call them values. Call it out. Seriously, just because Biden won doesn't mean this force of inhumanity, violence, and stupidity is going away. In fact, it may have started to become worse than ever.

I wonder how much suffering has to come to other people before the oblivious privileged are moved to step out of their silly pretense of "fairness" or whatever is their rationale for excusing evil. History says it will have to be widespread and devastating.

You are wrong.

You are complicit.

Again, history proves that it will require massive, widespread atrocity before you will stop rationalizing evil.

Neither would I. I don't care for the facile comparison to nazi concentration camps, where people were systematically starved, raped, beaten, cut into without anaesthesia, murdered, tortured.

Not all concentration camps have been Nazi camps, you know. And when someone who has had intimate knowledge of such a thing because they lived in one (like this guy) is calling what's going on down at the border as such, I find that to be a compelling argument.

Not all concentration camps have been Nazi camps, you know. And when someone who has had intimate knowledge of such a thing because they lived in one (like this guy) is calling what's going on down at the border as such, I find that to be a compelling argument.

Some people will not ever recognize what gives rise to that level of horror and atrocity. They'd rather wait until it happens and condemn it and feel satisfied with themselves for that, never once thinking about what they maybe could have done to help prevent it or what they might actually have inadvertently done to help it happen.

Do these people support putting children in concentration camps? If so I would not consider them good people.

Of course I don't condone what was done to those immigrant children in those dismal places, in fact I abhor it, but the two things are not the same. As you well know. Both things are wrong, but the former was far more heinous than the latter, and easy comparisons do a grave disservice to the victims and loved ones of the former.

There are Holocaust survivors who disagree.

Yes I know about them. The fact remains, the atrocities that happened in nazi Germany and other nations at that time are far more appalling than what is happening or happened to immigrant children recently. This does NOT mean that the recent crimes are okay or can be excused, only that there is a difference in degree of harm done! This is not rocket science.

Yes I know about them. The fact remains, the atrocities that happened in nazi Germany and other nations at that time are far more appalling than what is happening or happened to immigrant children recently. This does NOT mean that the recent crimes are okay or can be excused, only that there is a difference in degree of harm done! This is not rocket science.

As I said, some people have to see Holocaust level of atrocity before they can be arsed to condemn lesser piles of unacceptable abuse and evil.

Also as I've said many times, it's just a matter of how far it has to go before some people with think it's time to maybe reevaluate their apathy and pretense at "principles."

You are wrong.

You are complicit.

Again, history proves that it will require massive, widespread atrocity before you will stop rationalizing evil.

Oh bullshit! Who the fuck are you that you believe you can dump that crap on me? Not only am I not rationalizing evil, I am proudly calling out the evil growing in you that you do not recognize.

You are complicit.

Oh bullshit! Who the fuck are you that you believe you can dump that crap on me? Not only am I not rationalizing evil, I am proudly calling out the evil growing in you that you do not recognize.

Standing up to bullying is not bullying, and yes, I damn well will shame such turning away from what others (not you, of course) suffer due to that bullying. I honestly hope it doesn't come to YOU being abused before you get a clue and start criticizing the bullies instead of the people standing up to them.

But if you can't tell the difference between bullying and standing up to bullies, or the difference between hate and justified anger, then you likely never will and you'll just keep ignoring atrocity and blaming the people who are trying to help.

As I said, some people have to see Holocaust level of atrocity before they can be arsed to condemn lesser piles of unacceptable abuse and evil.

Also as I've said many times, it's just a matter of how far it has to go before some people with think it's time to maybe reevaluate their apathy and pretense at "principles."

I already have condemned the lesser evil! I simply refuse to equate the two. Try thinking instead of foaming at the mouth.

You are complicit.

Standing up to bullying is not bullying, and yes, I damn well will shame such turning away from what others (not you, of course) suffer due to that bullying. I honestly hope it doesn't come to YOU being abused before you get a clue and start criticizing the bullies instead of the people standing up to them.

But if you can't tell the difference between bullying and standing up to bullies, or the difference between hate and justified anger, then you likely never will and you'll just keep ignoring atrocity and blaming the people who are trying to help.

You need to learn how to accept a little criticism. You claim all Trump fans support fascism. This is clearly false. Just admit it's false and move on.

I already have condemned the lesser evil! I simply refuse to equate the two. Try thinking instead of foaming at the mouth.

How the hell do you think those larger atrocities happen? In a bubble? They just happen spontaneously out of nowhere? In fact, why don't you tell us what you think gives rise to those larger atrocities that you don't think applies to the trump administration and its policies and actions over the last four years? Would you mind doing that? I don't think you can.

You can keep insulting me all you want, but I'll keep calling out your cowardice and ignorant, apathetic mindset.

You need to learn how to accept a little criticism. You claim all Trump fans support fascism. This is clearly false. Just admit it's false and move on.

They do. At the very least, they are happy to ignore fascism and still support the fascists.

If you give a drunk the keys to your car, you are part of whstever happens, even if you only intended to let him catvh the game on the radio. Even if he pinkie-swears he'll only listen to the radio.

How the hell do you think those larger atrocities happen? In a bubble? They just happen spontaneously out of nowhere? In fact, why don't you tell us what you think gives rise to those larger atrocities that you don't think applies to the trump administration and its policies and actions over the last four years? Would you mind doing that? I don't think you can.

You can keep insulting me all you want, but I'll keep calling out your cowardice and ignorant, apathetic mindset.

Floof, very early on shitler identified the Jewish people as a problem and advocated eradicating them. Has Trump ever patently advocated genocide? Will you admit that the U.S. under Trump got nowhere near the degree of evil that shitler and the other fascists unleashed on the world? He has been elected out. He cannot hold onto power by force. He is not shitler. He is too stupid. And he doesn't have the silver tongued Goebbels. He has all the political acumen of an angry varsity soccer coach!

I am not defending Trump or even the GOP. I am merely defending certain individuals from being described as evil or complicit to evil.

How to you describe the large numbers of black and Hispanic conservatives? Are they all fascists, Nazis, and racists???

Get a grip on yourself. You are creepily reminding me of Orwell and Huxley.

Back
Top Bottom