• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

The affidavit can reveal the mole.
I have to assume some protections were put in place so the identity won't be compromised. That being said, Trump can go piss up a rope. If it's not this, it will be something else. I'm fine with the FBI not being Trump's organ grinder.

Sometimes people bend over so far backwards to accommodate Trump's demands that they are in danger of snapping their spines. Or, if they are Republican officeholders, that's one less thing they need worry about.
They have spines???

Why do you think I said that that was one less thing for them to worry about?

Trump wants the affidavit unsealed.
What gives you THAT idea?
He says so?
:hysterical:
His lawyers sat like statues when they had a chance to move for unsealing the affidavit.
There’s lotsa damaging stuff there, and Trump knows it. He’d like to learn who the leaker is, but not badly enough to move to make the basis of the search warrant known to the
The affidavit can reveal the mole.
Hey, if anyone on the planet is fully aware of the Power of the Sharpie, it’s Trump.
That name, and any information that could help Trump figure it out, will be redacted.
A truly vindictive redaction would be one leaving intact information that would spread suspicion around on several of Trump’s goons.

It is getting even more ridiculous...if that's even possible.

Trump Wants A Special Master
“This matter has captured the attention of the American public. Merely ‘adequate’ safeguards are not acceptable when the matter at hand involves not only the constitutional rights of President Trump, but also the presumption of executive privilege,” the attorneys wrote.

Did you get that? We can't trust the FBI to safeguard the documents that Trump put in a storeroom next to the pool at his golf resort. A room that didn't even have a lock on the door for months on end. Plus he's still insisting that executive privilege still applies even though he's not President anymore!
It’s a delay tactic, of course.

That said, it’s not the worst idea except that it’s a delay tactic until Trump can secure the nomination and ( he hopes) be immune from political prosecution/persecution. I mean. A Special Master should have been in place when he exited the White House to ensure not one damn thing left that he was not legally entitled to take.

It is getting even more ridiculous...if that's even possible.

Trump Wants A Special Master
“This matter has captured the attention of the American public. Merely ‘adequate’ safeguards are not acceptable when the matter at hand involves not only the constitutional rights of President Trump, but also the presumption of executive privilege,” the attorneys wrote.

Did you get that? We can't trust the FBI to safeguard the documents that Trump put in a storeroom next to the pool at his golf resort. A room that didn't even have a lock on the door for months on end. Plus he's still insisting that executive privilege still applies even though he's not President anymore!
It’s a delay tactic, of course.
It definitely is. I've read that a Special Master is more to look over docs regarding Attorney / Client privilege. What Trump wants is almost impossible because they need someone with the clearance to overlook the documents. Not certain how far this can get appealed. He has no right to hold onto classified information either. And unless the printed document has been marked declassified... it is classified. So it really becomes a "why do we even need to consider this" sort of thing?
That said, it’s not the worst idea except that it’s a delay tactic until Trump can secure the nomination and ( he hopes) be immune from political prosecution/persecution. I mean. A Special Master should have been in place when he exited the White House to ensure not one damn thing left that he was not legally entitled to take.
Yeah, it isn't as if he built up an account of trust regarding the institutions of our Democracy. Should have had guards with dogs... that bark bees... while "he" was packing.

Take that back. The guards with dogs that bark bees... make that wasps... wasps with bad breathe... should have sent him out telling him, they'd send him his stuff.

Has MSNBC stepped up its anti-Trump rhetoric? In this clip they make a convincing comparison between the 45th President and the Devil as played by Al Pacino.

(Ironically Coincidentally, key scenes in Devil's Advocate were filmed in Trump's private residence in Trump Tower.)
FIFY

Irony would be if a large anvil fell on Trump's head... oh wait... that isn't irony... that'd be glorious.
It's hard to find anything more irony than an anvil.

Has MSNBC stepped up its anti-Trump rhetoric? In this clip they make a convincing comparison between the 45th President and the Devil as played by Al Pacino.

(Ironically Coincidentally, key scenes in Devil's Advocate were filmed in Trump's private residence in Trump Tower.)
FIFY

Irony would be if a large anvil fell on Trump's head... oh wait... that isn't irony... that'd be glorious.
It's hard to find anything more irony than an anvil.
Want to borrow mine?

If you think DeSantis incapable of spending a few hours in front of a mirror and a few million on speech writing to nail Trumpisms correctly, I'm sure he has some land to sell you; he is in Florida, after all.

I could dance that dance myself, but I'm not an evil asshole, so I won't.
Wait... what?
That's kind of literally what I just said: that a particular model has been set for what the right expects of their candidates, and that model is Trump shaped - so whoever ends up being the new poster boy, be it DeSantis or whomever else, is going to have to present themselves in the form of that model in order to be appealing to the Republican voter base.
Oh, I see. I originally interpreted it as "DeSantis can't follow that act with more of the same" rather than "DeSantis must follow that act with more of the same".
My fault, I should have cropped out more of your post, because what I was responding to was just the sentence "The most dangerous thing to do is to expect the GOP to be incapable of a swivel to DeSantis or the like."

I meant to focus on it being interesting to me that even baked into that idea... that the GOP can swivel to someone else... the "someone else" is still distinctly Trumpesque.
Whoever ends up running in 2024 will absolutely be Trumpian in some way, if not Trump himself. There is zero chance of a 2024 nominee being a Liz Chaney type or uh... what's that old guy from AZ, from the Jan 6th hearing... the Republican guy who wouldn't go along with the election fraud schemes.

"100% certified evil" has been a requirement for Republican officials since at least the 60s, but now also a "bloviating dipshit" has become a more recent requirement.
bloviating dipshits of the past: Shrub; Reagan (tempered a bit by Nancy); probably big Bush too

The GOP won't pivot to anyone Trump bulldozes aside in a primary.
I'd be careful about making such predictions. Remember, Trump was slated to lose "bigly" in August of 2016.

Okay, ANYTHING is possible, but if he's running, I very safely predict he will win the nom.

Back then he took everyone, from the GOP to the Clinton Campaign, completely by surprise. This time, he won't take ambitious GOP candidates by surprise. They've had years to prepare.

Folks like DeSantis, Cruz, MTG,( even Liz Cheney) won't get played so effectively.

Who knows, maybe even the DNC will have better firewalls on their computers.
Tom

Huh? Cruz hasn't stopped getting owned by Trump. MTG??? Cheney wouldn't even win a primary in her own state.

And no reason to think Desantis will fare any better.

Maybe Orange Face wants to be VP on the ticket. I have to admit that if the two premiere Nazis in the GOP ticketed-up the Dems would likely be very, very fucked.

Trump doesn't want to be VP. What?

Documents recovered at Mar-a-Lago were among government's most classified, letter shows

In the letter, posted on a Trump-aligned journalist's website, the National Archives pushed back on Trump's privilege claims.

The focus, though, on that journalist's website was on Biden admin actions taken in cooperation with the National Archives described, of course, as "Biden in concert with FBI!!!11!!!11!"
Over 300 classified documents.

And Trump personally reviewed them late in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom