• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

McCarthey out as Speaker of the House - Bozo the clown on deck

I tried to thank my representative for voting against Jordan yesterday, after voting for him the day before, but I couldn't get his email link to work. I sure hope he doesn't flip back. This is the first time, I've ever been pleased with anything my representative has done. It's too late now, since the idiot are heading for another vote today. Sheeesh! How can anyone vote for these fools?

I tried to thank my representative for voting against Jordan yesterday, after voting for him the day before, but I couldn't get his email link to work. I sure hope he doesn't flip back. This is the first time, I've ever been pleased with anything my representative has done. It's too late now, since the idiot are heading for another vote today. Sheeesh! How can anyone vote for these fools?
Your Rep probably got death threats from the Mobster Party.

In a desperate move to pwn the libs, these fools are now pwning themselves so they can pwn the libs better.

• Sympathy
Reactions: jab
This is getting uncomfortably chaotic. I didn't like the McHenry idea because "ELECT A FUCKING SPEAKER!!! It literally is the ONLY thing you have to do right now!!!"

I don't mind the McHenry solution, if it keeps the government open and funded on a continuing resolution. There isn't much else constructive that this crowd is going to do, and I don't like the idea of a Republican House speaker being in line for the presidency if some right wing lunatic assassinates our president and vice president.

Gaetz struggles to explain what he’s achieved with push to oust McCarthy

Amid the ongoing chaos in the speaker-less House, Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz defended his decision to lead the effort to oust Kevin McCarthy from his speakership but did not articulate what he got out of it besides removing the California Republican from the position.

“We’re shaking up Washington, DC. We’re breaking the fever. And, you know what, it’s messy. But the only reason people think there’s chaos in this town right now is because the special interests aren’t in control any more. I think we’re going to have an upgrade on the position of speaker of the House,” Gaetz told CNN.
He added: “This is what it’s supposed to be: It’s not clean, it’s not orderly.”

I guess the Democrats should have thought about this before they voted out the speaker.
As opposed to what? They had nothing to gain by voting to keep in place a Speaker who despises them. This embarassing display is of Republican make, and ultimately only hurting Republican prospects.

I guess the Democrats should have thought about this before they voted out the speaker.
As opposed to what? They had nothing to gain by voting to keep in place a Speaker who despises them. This embarassing display is of Republican make, and ultimately only hurting Republican prospects.
Don't go trying to shift blame... we know who's really at fault here. Those Demonrat [TM] representatives who teamed up with Matt Gaetz.

Don't go trying to shift blame... we know who's really at fault here. Those Demonrat [TM] representatives who teamed up with Matt Gaetz.
We really are rascals.

But I don't see the point since the no's already told him no again to his face.

GOP Speaker nominee Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) scrapped plans to hold a third vote on Thursday as his opponents showed no signs of backing down.

Several left a meeting with the Ohio Republican Thursday vowing to maintain their resistance.

Your Rep probably got death threats from the Mobster Party.
He did get death threats. He was so concerned that he sent a sheriff to his daughter's school, But, this morning we were able to email him. We told him that we appreciated his courage in standing up to Jordan, a man who is a thread to democracy etc. I was happy that we were able to give him a positive email. I may not agree with his politics, but I will give anyone credit when they do the right thing.

Just don't ask me what a thread to democracy means. I was rushing so I wouldn't be late for aerobics, when I wrote that, so that's my excuse for the latest typos. :)

I sure hope that my Congress critter doesn't get scared and decides to change his vote back to Jordan. I might have to send him another email to tell him he's a cowardly asshole. ;)

But, I am sorry that some people are such assholes that they think it's okay to send death threats to anyone. Plus, it's a crime to threaten an individual. It would be good if those who send death threats are arrested for what is called "making a terrorist threat" in Georgia.

I am sorry that some people are such assholes that they think it's okay to send death threats to anyone.
Republicans were taught by their Asshole-In-Chief, that death threats are an effective way to get people to do what you want them to do. It's perfectly okay to do that when your cause is truly holy and just, like getting rid of democracy and installing a bloated grifter as dictator for life, or overcoming a given number of black votes to retain your phony baloney job...
It would be good if those who send death threats are arrested for what is called "making a terrorist threat" in Georgia.
I think that rather than "making a terrorist threat", they now call it "advocating for our conservative values".

I am sorry that some people are such assholes that they think it's okay to send death threats to anyone.
Republicans were taught by their Asshole-In-Chief, that death threats are an effective way to get people to do what you want them to do. It's perfectly okay to do that when your cause is truly holy and just, like getting rid of democracy and installing a bloated grifter as dictator for life, or overcoming a given number of black votes to retain your phony baloney job...
It would be good if those who send death threats are arrested for what is called "making a terrorist threat" in Georgia.
I think that rather than "making a terrorist threat", they now call it "advocating for our conservative values".
Those are the values in question, yes.

I"m happy to say that my Congress Critter voted against Jordan again. It appears as if the death threats aren't working. Now if we just get 5 Republicans, to vote for Jeffries.....

I know it won't happen, but that would be pretty cool.

My guess is the Democrats strongly suspected that the House GOP would play "Hunger Games" until a decent candidate emerged.
Yeah. It seems to me that voting him out has helped the Democrats. The Republicans weren't going to do anything good anyway, now they're just making themselves look bad.

Back
Top Bottom