• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Political Rant Funny Images II

I don't get your repeated efforts to paint Ocasio-Cortez as "stupid". I mean, in what way is she "stupid"? Is it because she graduated cum laude from Boston U? Or maybe it's because she came in second in the Microbiology category of the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair as a high school student, for which efforts the MIT Lincoln Laboratory named a small asteroid after her? Maybe because she built a grass-roots political campaign while working shifts as a waitress/ bartender, defeating the 10-term incumbent in the primaries? Or could it be just because she's a smart, ambitious woman and you feel threatened by that, especially since she represents a political stance that's the polar opposite of your own?

Either way, it seems to me that she's anything but stupid, and the memes you post say much more about you than they ever could about her. And I think posting memes painting someone as "stupid" who so very obviously is not, is a very counter-productive means of political expression. And, not to put too fine a point on it, just a little bit ... stupid.

FoxNews is turning AOC into the new HRC.

For some people, "anyone who doesn't agree with me" is, by definition, "stupid."

For some people, "anyone who doesn't agree with me" is, by definition, "stupid."

It must be rough on right wingers, living in a world where 70% of all people are of below average intelligence. :rolleyes:

FoxNews can only compel viewers to Stay Tuned only by providing them someone to hate. The shelf life of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have expired, so they have moved on to new products.

It helps if they have no Y chromosomes. That automatically renders anyone "stupid" for not agreeing with whatever mindless authoritarian cheerleaders are telling them to think.

Personally I have never understood this incredible fear of women. It's like being scared of dogs, or spiders*, or moths - completely unnecessary, but bizarrely common and totally without basis in rational thought.

*For those not resident in Australia

I don't get your repeated efforts to paint Ocasio-Cortez as "stupid". I mean, in what way is she "stupid"? Is it because she graduated cum laude from Boston U? Or maybe it's because she came in second in the Microbiology category of the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair as a high school student, for which efforts the MIT Lincoln Laboratory named a small asteroid after her? Maybe because she built a grass-roots political campaign while working shifts as a waitress/ bartender, defeating the 10-term incumbent in the primaries? Or could it be just because she's a smart, ambitious woman and you feel threatened by that, especially since she represents a political stance that's the polar opposite of your own?

Either way, it seems to me that she's anything but stupid, and the memes you post say much more about you than they ever could about her. And I think posting memes painting someone as "stupid" who so very obviously is not, is a very counter-productive means of political expression. And, not to put too fine a point on it, just a little bit ... stupid.

I think calling her stupid is flattering her...........................................https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/02/how-dumb-is-ocasio-cortez.php

I think calling her stupid is flattering her...........................................https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/02/how-dumb-is-ocasio-cortez.php

And I think you (and the right-wing AOC-haters who commented on that blog post) are making too much of a small detail in a story where she appears, to me at least, to be making sense regarding the main point of the story. And anyway, who's to say she literally meant that there were $3billion floating around to be given away, and not that the tax breaks would be better used on the "mom and pops" she's talking about (and would come to much less than $3B while regenerating the area much better than a corporate HQ would)? Nope, I don't think that post shows her to be stupid; rather, it shows how desperate some people are to paint her as such.

These desperate, impotent whiffs against her usually come from real, proven stupid people, like the ones at Powerline. The AOCDS is out of control so soon. They are really trying to make this "AOC is stupid" thing happen. Better to keep your powder dry, wingnut hacks.

View attachment 20564

"You can judge a culture by what it makes easily accessible"

The books in that picture are more accessible than the guns. Note how all the guns are strapped to the wall and can't be removed without removing at least one strap. Since we see no anchor points for the straps removing them will be non-trivial--they are effectively display-only. The books, however, can be easily obtained by picking up a pencil from the desk to the left. Pushing a book so it falls and can be caught would be easy.

View attachment 20564

"You can judge a culture by what it makes easily accessible"

The books in that picture are more accessible than the guns. Note how all the guns are strapped to the wall and can't be removed without removing at least one strap. Since we see no anchor points for the straps removing them will be non-trivial--they are effectively display-only. The books, however, can be easily obtained by picking up a pencil from the desk to the left. Pushing a book so it falls and can be caught would be easy.
You like listening to the sound of yourself typing, don't you?

Back
Top Bottom