• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Profound Thoughts

If Bonespurs wanted Hillary locked up so badly, maybe he should have hired her.

Something I read on a wall while relieving myself in a urinal. A true life metaphor.

'No matter how much you wiggle and how much you dance, the last few drops will always go down your pants'

Where did the seedless grape come from?

Have you ever found a seed in a banana?

The bananas you buy from the store come from a banana variety that produces no seeds, so it has to be reproduced by cloning techniques (much easier with plants: just cut off the right part and stick it in water).

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy said:
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
[ent]mdash[/ent]Douglas Adams

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing noise they make as they pass by.
[ent]mdash[/ent]Douglas Adams

My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.
[ent]mdash[/ent]Charles Barkley

Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare.
[ent]mdash[/ent]Blair Houghton

Air Force Times said:
Live and scratch. When you die, the itching stops.
[ent]mdash[/ent]Anonymous Soviet diplomat

Sorry about the above quote. I'm pretty sure I read it in the Air Force Times as a child, but I could be wrong about which publication, and I certainly don't recall the issue number nor the author. I do recall that the author wasn't sure if the above was a common Russian saying, or just something that particular diplomat came up with on his own.

Don't worry about things you can't change.

Don't mull over the past, because you can't go back and do things differently. Don't fret about the future, because it isn't here yet; plan for things as best as you can and then put them aside. Don't worry about things outside your personal control; just make the best use of the agency you have.

Don't worry about things you can't change.

Don't mull over the past, because you can't go back and do things differently. Don't fret about the future, because it isn't here yet; plan for things as best as you can and then put them aside. Don't worry about things outside your personal control; just make the best use of the agency you have.

Forget the past; It cannot be changed.
Forget the future; It is not yet here.
And forget the present; I didn't get you one.

When people tell me "You're going to regret that in the morning", I sleep 'til noon because I'm a problem solver.

Anything that goes up does not necessarily come down.

If it's true that stress brings on weight loss, why the heck am I not invisible by now?

Back
Top Bottom