• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
I struggle to grasp how anyone, since the heyday of gangsterism during prohibition, is able to threaten the families of judges without winding up in prison for a very long time indeed.

That such a vile character is permitted to remain at liberty having made such threats is appauling. That he is able to run for President is even worse, and that he is one of the top two contenders to win the presidency is pure insanity.

What, in summary, the actual, not to put to fine a point on it, fuck?

Hopefully this is the right thread for this... So, one thing I'm unclear on after the political rant funny images levered this thought from merely "there" to "actually making me wonder":

Is the Trump Bible actually a different translation, a complete butchery, or is it just a Bible in a standard translation that happens to be sold by Trump, or like, a pre-existing "standard" translation that butchers the message even worse than the original author, but without special intent at butchery?
It's the KJV, with added study helps: the chorus to God Bless the USA in Lee Greenwood's handwriting, the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance, and the Klavern Konvention Rules of the KKK.
No-- I erred in that last citation.
BTW, for a fun read, visit godblesstheusabible.com, where they market these things, and read their FAQs. Ya won't believe it. One of the FAQs is actually "What if my Bible's pages are sticky?" (and the answer isn't 'Then Trump took it on vacation with Stormy', but I won't spoil this by giving the actual answer on the site.) Guaranteed, if you visit this site, you'll be shouting "JESUS!!" a whole lot. I did.

Hopefully this is the right thread for this... So, one thing I'm unclear on after the political rant funny images levered this thought from merely "there" to "actually making me wonder":

Is the Trump Bible actually a different translation, a complete butchery, or is it just a Bible in a standard translation that happens to be sold by Trump, or like, a pre-existing "standard" translation that butchers the message even worse than the original author, but without special intent at butchery?
It's the KJV, with added study helps: the chorus to God Bless the USA in Lee Greenwood's handwriting, the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance, and the Klavern Konvention Rules of the KKK.
No-- I erred in that last citation.
BTW, for a fun read, visit godblesstheusabible.com, where they market these things, and read their FAQs. Ya won't believe it. One of the FAQs is actually "What if my Bible's pages are sticky?" (and the answer isn't 'Then Trump took it on vacation with Stormy', but I won't spoil this by giving the actual answer on the site.) Guaranteed, if you visit this site, you'll be shouting "JESUS!!" a whole lot. I did.
You could just use spoiler tags...

You could just use spoiler tags...
I could've, I guess. But I feel that everyone should experience for themselves that unique, bronze-colored, fermented distillate of holy water, the blood of the innocent, and Satan's ejaculate that results from Trump's intersection with Christianity.

Biden on Twitter yesterday:

“Donald, my offer to play golf still stands.

I’ll let you take three strokes off your game if you carry your own bag.”

Nicolle Wallace Throws Out Script In Disgust Over Trump
MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace was so disgusted over Donald Trump’s posts about judges and their families that she tossed her script in the air on Friday’s Deadline White House.

“So, you know, it’s time to do something different,” Wallace said while flinging her script. “Like, we’re not going to have this conversation again! I have come on the air with breaking news about requests for gag orders because of threats for judges and their kids more times than I could count today before I got ready.”
then
And Judge Luttig, I think it’s time…Donald Trump broke the rule of law. We should cover a broken judiciary in this country. Donald Trump managed to delay every federal criminal trial based on facts that he barely denies. Donald Trump managed to enlist the Supreme Court in a delay process, the highest court in the land.

Donald Trump brazenly and repeatedly attacks not just judges. I’ve had the privilege of sitting across not just from you, Judge Luttig, but from Judge Esther Salas, whose son was assassinated by a crazy person. Judges don’t have Secret Service protecting them. They don’t even always have — I mean her child answered the door. What are we going to do different, because Donald Trump sure as hell isn’t changing.

Trump Spends Easter Morning on a Social Media Bender
Donald Trump was very busy on Easter morning on frantic social media bender — posting and re-posting grievances to his Truth Social account dozens and dozens of times.

Before 12 noon ET, the former president had populated his account with 43 additional “Truths” and “Re-Truths.”

The re-posts almost all came from Conservative media outlets like the Washington Times, Newsmax, Breitbart, and more. They included stories about the White House banning religious-themed Easter egg designs, the White House honoring Transgender Day of Visibility on the same day as Easter, and one about Judge Juan Merchan’s daughter, whom he named and criticized on Truth Social this week.
There he goes again, that big big baby.

Dana Bash Confronts GOP Rep. Mike Lawler About Trump On CNN
CNN politician interviewer Dana Bash:
“All week, he has been aggressively attacking the judge overseeing one of his trials in your state of New York,” Bash said. “He’s also gone after the judge’s daughter — posting her name and picture on social media. On Friday, he targeted another perceived enemy, the President of the United States, his rival for the white House. He posted a video with violent imagery of Biden hogtied in the back of a pickup truck. Does Trump going after a judge’s family, promoting violent images of President Biden, cross a line?”
Rep. Mike Lawler evaded the question, claiming that both sides are guilty.
“I think everyone needs to tone down the rhetoric, the language,” Lawler said. “And you know, obviously, social media has become a vehicle by which to bludgeon people. I just think at the end of the day, the former president, current president, and on down, all of us have a responsibility to check our language, to watch what we’re saying, and to focus on the issues at hand.”
DB:
“When you have a candidate for president who is facing a legal situation going after … not just the judge, but putting photos of the judge’s daughter, name and face, on social media,” Bash said. “I just want to be clear: Are you denouncing that? I know you talked about both sides, but I’m asking you about this specific issue.”
ML evaded the question again.
“Families should always be off limits,” Lawler replied. “Obviously, the former president has every right to defend himself in court. But I think the focus of this campaign and this election should be on the American people, and the issues facing the American people.”
DB:
“You didn’t endorse Donald Trump in the primary,” Bash said. “Are you going to support him for president?”
ML gave another evasive response.
“Look, I’m not focused right now on the presidential race,” he said. “I am focused on my campaign, and my district. And, the work that we are doing here. And at some point, I’m sure I’ll have a comment, with respect to the presidential race. But right now, I’m focused on my district.”

Donald Trump is selling Bibles for $59.99 as he faces mounting legal bills | AP News
“Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again. As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless the USA Bible,” Trump wrote, directing his supporters to a website selling the book for $59.99.

Ron Filipkowski on X: "Several years ago, Trump attempted to recite The Lord’s Prayer. However, when you watch his mouth you see he has absolutely no idea what the words are. (vid link)" / X

Sen. Raphael Warnock: ‘The Bible does not need Donald Trump’s endorsement’ - POLITICO
“The Bible does not need Donald Trump’s endorsement, and Jesus in the very last week of his life chased the money changers out of the temple, those who would take sacred things and use them as cheap relics to be sold in the marketplace,” the Georgia Democrat and working pastor said Sunday during an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“The sad thing is that none of us are surprised by this. This is what we expect from the former president,” Warnock added, noting other items Trump has branded and sold: steaks, sneakers and a real estate training school.

Yes and no, it is the KJV. From what I have seen online, the original was supposed to be NIV, but that requires a licensing fee. King James has been dead a while, so that (presumably) public domain. What I like is that Trump says it is easy to read, presumably due to the "large print" and not because it is the KJV.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL, INCLUDING CROOKED AND CORRUPT PROSECUTORS AND JUDGES THAT ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO INTERFERE WITH THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2024, AND PUT ME IN PRISON, INCLUDING THOSE MANY PEOPLE THAT I COMPLETELY & TOTALLY DESPISE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO DESTROY AMERICA, A NOW FAILING NATION, LIKE “DERANGED” JACK SMITH, WHO IS EVIL AND “SICK,” MRS. FANI “FAUNI” WADE, WHO SAID SHE HARDLY KNEW THE “SPECIAL” PROSECUTOR, ONLY TO FIND THAT HE SPENT YEARS “LOVING” HER, LONG BEFORE THE GEORGIA PERSECUTION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP BEGAN (AND THEREBY MAKING THE CASE AGAINST ME NULL, VOID, AND ILLEGAL!), AND LAZY ON VIOLENT CRIME ALVIN BRAGG WHO, WITH CROOKED JOE’S DOJ THUGS, UNFAIRLY WORKING IN THE D.A.’s OFFICE, ILLEGALLY INDICTED ME ON A CASE HE NEVER WANTED TO BRING AND VIRTUALLY ALL LEGAL SCHOLARS SAY IS A CASE THAT SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT, IS BREAKING THE LAW IN DOING SO (POMERANTZ!), WAS TURNED DOWN BY ALL OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES, AND IS NOT A CRIME. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Awww, isn't that sweet. Trump wishing a happy Easter to even his enemies.

So Jack Smith is Evil but "Sick". Is there a difference between a claim in quotes and not in quotes?

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL, INCLUDING CROOKED AND CORRUPT PROSECUTORS AND JUDGES THAT ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO INTERFERE WITH THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2024, AND PUT ME IN PRISON, INCLUDING THOSE MANY PEOPLE THAT I COMPLETELY & TOTALLY DESPISE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO DESTROY AMERICA, A NOW FAILING NATION, LIKE “DERANGED” JACK SMITH, WHO IS EVIL AND “SICK,” MRS. FANI “FAUNI” WADE, WHO SAID SHE HARDLY KNEW THE “SPECIAL” PROSECUTOR, ONLY TO FIND THAT HE SPENT YEARS “LOVING” HER, LONG BEFORE THE GEORGIA PERSECUTION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP BEGAN (AND THEREBY MAKING THE CASE AGAINST ME NULL, VOID, AND ILLEGAL!), AND LAZY ON VIOLENT CRIME ALVIN BRAGG WHO, WITH CROOKED JOE’S DOJ THUGS, UNFAIRLY WORKING IN THE D.A.’s OFFICE, ILLEGALLY INDICTED ME ON A CASE HE NEVER WANTED TO BRING AND VIRTUALLY ALL LEGAL SCHOLARS SAY IS A CASE THAT SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT, IS BREAKING THE LAW IN DOING SO (POMERANTZ!), WAS TURNED DOWN BY ALL OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES, AND IS NOT A CRIME. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Awww, isn't that sweet. Trump wishing a happy Easter to even his enemies.
Very Christ-like.

How in the living fuck can anyone think an almost 80 year old who only types in all caps as Presidential material?

Yes, @TSwizzle, I know Biden is old but at least he acts like a fucking grown up who still has all his marbles.

How in the living fuck can anyone think an almost 80 year old who only types in all caps as Presidential material?

Yes, @TSwizzle, I know Biden is old but at least he acts like a fucking grown up who still has all his marbles.
He's relatable to his base. ALL TALK LIKE THIS. EVEN @ TGIVING DINNER. ;)

Trump Spends Easter Morning on a Social Media Bender
Donald Trump was very busy on Easter morning on frantic social media bender — posting and re-posting grievances to his Truth Social account dozens and dozens of times.

Before 12 noon ET, the former president had populated his account with 43 additional “Truths” and “Re-Truths.”

The re-posts almost all came from Conservative media outlets like the Washington Times, Newsmax, Breitbart, and more. They included stories about the White House banning religious-themed Easter egg designs, the White House honoring Transgender Day of Visibility on the same day as Easter, and one about Judge Juan Merchan’s daughter, whom he named and criticized on Truth Social this week.
There he goes again, that big big baby.
You mean he was tweeting from his pew? At his church?

Back
Top Bottom