• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Which makes it disingenuous to claim she is making a race-specific proposal.
"Black men and others" is race-specific language. And the Biden-Harris administration has a history of race-based programs.
So, nothing disingenuous about it. If she wanted to sell the program as a race-neutral one, there are better ways her people could have worded it. As it stands, she is either proposing a race-based program, or else wants the intended audience of that memo (i.e. black men) to think she does. I guess there is option c: her people suck at wording things.

Last edited:
This reminds me of 2000. "But will Gore be his own man?" type arguments. What is Harris going to do? Probably a bunch of stuff any Democrat would do.
She is to the left of most Democrats. So she will very probably have policies to the left of "what any Democrat would do".
There certainly is 102% certainty that Harris will not do anything whacky because she lacks the super majority in the Senate to pull it off.
But without Manchin and Sinema which Democrat will dare oppose her agenda?
What will Trump do? He's been telling us, and it is kind of fucked up... Project 2025 is designed to allow the Executive Branch to do wholesale changes without any level of Congressional approval.
I am not here to defend Trump.
And 2008 showed that with Biden, but somehow he pulled 2020 off.
Yes, 2008 Biden was a bad candidate who went nowhere - but still lasted longer than 2020 Kamala Harris who didn't even last until the start of the calendar year.
And 2020 was a very unusual campaign, what with the Pandemic shutting everything down for better part of the year. And Biden also had the corrupt bargain with Clyburn, trading a SCOTUS seat for South Carolina.
Kamala didn't even have to go through the primaries, not even a compressed blitz primary as some have recommended. I think that was a mistake.
Harris's problem isn't being a weak candidate.
It may not be her only problem, but it is one of her chief problems. But just like with weapons of the Spanish Inquisition, that list is can be expanded.
Her problem is she can't run on "CHANGE" too much, being part of the party in charge of the White House. She is limited with how much she can say she'll modify policies without the reflexive "well, why didn't the Biden Admin do that earlier?" Her campaign is somewhat unprecedented as well, making it harder for campaign runners to know how best to address the typical things of a campaign.
The first thing is true for any sitting vice president running for president - finding a balance between being their own man and part of the president's team.
As to the second thing, other than being appointed as nominee rather than winning it in the primaries: what makes her candidacy unprecedented?
At the moment, with advertising and what not... Harris's gender and race isn't being played... Trump tried and it didn't carry.
It helps that she isn't harping on her gender as much as did Hillary.
But immigration, OMFG did that ever catch fire.
And rightly so. The border is a mess, and Biden did make Kamala the Border Czarina.

That she will cave to the Trump's government-in-exile in the name of "working across the aisle", with people whose barely disguised goal is to destroy the aisle and take the country by force.
I do hope she works across the aisle for the simple reason is that compromise is good because neither party has a monopoly on good ideas. Or bad ideas.
As to your conspiracy theory, it's a little out there.

Last edited:
"Black men and others" is race-specific language. And the Biden-Harris administration has a history of race-based programs.
So, nothing disingenuous about it. If she wanted to sell the program as a race-neutral one, there are better ways her people could have worded it. As it stands, she is either proposing a race-based program, or else wants the intended audience of that memo (i.e. black men) to think she does. I guess there is option c: her people suck at wording things.

No, it is talking about groups that are designated as subject historically to discrimination, and antidiscrimination laws of that sort apply to a broader category of people. The largest group within that designation happen to be black, so they get all the press. You, of course, not being in that category must feel left out. Don't worry. You and your racial demographic will be fine.

No, it is talking about groups that are designated as subject historically to discrimination, and antidiscrimination laws of that sort apply to a broader category of people. The largest group within that designation happen to be black, so they get all the press. You, of course, not being in that category must feel left out. Don't worry. You and your racial demographic will be fine.
Even once it becomes a minority?
Let’s not go freaking people out here, but hey - I got caught in the middle of the night on foot in a part of Atlanta where I was SO a minority, and I was distinctly uncomfortable during the whole ordeal.
Survived relatively unscathed, other than a minor barbed wire wound incurred while sneaking out a back door on the bottom level of the GWCC, but I could see someone getting a bit edgy about finding themself suddenly, beyond their control, in a similar situation.

It all does seem like blatant pandering. Black men have been trickling out of the Democrat party for years now, and KH and the Democrats seem to just now realize its hurting their chances of winning the election. So, with less than a month to go, they're trying to entice them back into the fold with lots of promises. Its pretty transparent. "Hey, come back....I have Black Jobs for you! And Black Loans too! I'll help cure Black Disease! Free pot! Free ice cream!" :LOL:
`Have these people who are trickling out of the Democrat party ever been asked why they are trickling out? Probably not. Just easier to say they are voting against their best interests will be the usual response.

If there's some reason to believe that Harris will have my back against these people when push comes to shove, I'd like to know. It's not what she's signalling right now. I'm worried, and not feeling inclined to be charitable to her. I did not mean to be rude to you, but it's Harris we're discussing.
I am curious. What exactly are you worried about with Harris presidency and alleged threats by "these people"?
That she will cave to the Trump's government-in-exile in the name of "working across the aisle", with people whose barely disguised goal is to destroy the aisle and take the country by force.
Something in the water, Poli? That’s waaay out there.
Only for people who don't pay much attention to politics.

Why did Richard Nixon receive a full and unconditional presidential pardon, Elixir? Not just a pardon for a crime, but a pardon for any and all crimes he may have committed? What was the justification for doing this?
I’d recommend staying away from the crazy right winger conspiracy sites. They want you to get discouraged and either not vote or vote third party.
I already voted. So have a lot of people. It is time to start thinking about what 2025 is going to look like.

"The louder the cannon, the deafer the peacemakers". Even if there is no further insurrection, I look forward to at least a decade of "This isn't the time to address that concern -- you don't want to go back to TRUMP do you?!"

"The louder the cannon, the deafer the peacemakers". Even if there is no further insurrection, I look forward to at least a decade of "This isn't the time to address that concern -- you don't want to go back to TRUMP do you?!"
I'm not sure that I know what you mean. I'm 1,000% against the insurrection. I think that congress should dramatically tighten up our election laws. I think that they did fix the VP being able to affect the certification of the election. Is that what you are talking about?

The polls are biased, but nobody's sure just how. I think they're biased against the D's and that the prediction markets give Harris a much better chance than she really has. I think a largish number of Americans will be happy to f**k with a pollster; most of these f**kers are Trump voters. In addition to malicious and stupid MAGAts, there are many who are ashamed of their Trump vote and will lie to a pollster rather than confess.

Biden had a huge polling advantage when he swept the Rusty Swingers in 2020, yet barely held those states. But Harris' polling advantage is microscopic. As it stands there's a good chance Trump will sweep all seven swing states. Let me repeat that:

Trump will probably sweep all seven swing states.

Optimism is good, but I am a truth-teller. And teachers, obstetricians, immigrants, etc. who are making urgent decisions need to know what the situation will be in January. Those assisting Democratic campaigns need to know how grim the dangers are, and put forth the best effort humanly possible. I'm crossing my fingers and desperately hoping my prediction proves false.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The four poll numbers shown for each state are the weighted averages as of Sept 28, Oct 8, Oct 12, Oct 16.
There was some slight optimism in the latest PA poll, and a sliver of encouragement from NV, but nothing that we might call "significant."

I show the Seven Swing States™ (and two other states), along with latest poll averages as shown at https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/wisconsin/ . The final number shown on each line is #EVs÷5.

Minnesota +6 +6 +6 +5.8 . . . . . . . . .// 2

Michigan +3 +1.6 +0.7 +0.7 . . . . . . . // 3
Wisconsin +2 +1.5 +0.6 +0.5 . . . . . . // 2
Pennsylvania +1 +0.6 +0.3 +0.7 . . . . . // 4
Nevada +1 +1+0.5 +0.7. . . . . . . . . . // 1
North Carolina 0 -1 -0.9 -0.9 -0.9 . . . // 3
Georgia -1 -1 -0.9 -0.9 . . . . . . . . // 3
Arizona -1 -1.5 -1.4 -1.7 . . . . . . . // 2

Florida -4 -4 -5 -5.1 . . . . . . . . . // 6

Harris needs 9 of the 18 #EV÷5's from the Seven Swingers.

Trump is ahead of Harris by 16 points in each of the two high-money prediction markets. This is the biggest lead I recall seeing.
Betfair 57.6 - 41.5​
Polymarket 57.7 - 42.1​

Optimism is good, but I am a truth-teller. Sorry. Nolite interficere nuntius.

Trump sways and bops to music for 39 minutes in bizarre town hall episode

The town hall, moderated by South Dakota Gov. Kristi L. Noem (R), began with questions from preselected attendees for the former president. Donald Trump offered meandering answers on how he would address housing affordability and help small businesses. But it took a sudden turn after two attendees required medical attention.

And so Trump, after jokingly asking the crowd whether “anybody else would like to faint,” took a different approach.
“Let’s not do any more questions. Let’s just listen to music. Let’s make it into a music. Who the hell wants to hear questions, right?” he said.
For 39 minutes, Trump swayed, bopped — sometimes stopping to speak — as he turned the event into almost a living-room listening session of his favorite songs from his self-curated rally playlist.

He played nine tracks. He danced. He shook hands with people onstage. He pointed to the crowd. Noem stood beside him, nodding with her hands clasped. Trump stayed in place onstage, slowly moving back and forth. He was done answering questions for the night.
Some in the crowd began to leave. Some looked around, wondering whether he was done speaking for the night and how much longer the dance — or sway — session would last. Many stayed holding their cameras and watched as Trump took in the music, at times looking over at a screen beside him that showed videos of James Brown singing “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World” and Sinéad O’Connor performing “Nothing Compares 2 U.”
Took two pre selected quaestions then decided to have a dance party.

I got caught in the middle of the night on foot in a part of Atlanta where I was SO a minority, and I was distinctly uncomfortable during the whole ordeal.
Survived relatively unscathed, other than a minor barbed wire wound incurred while sneaking out a back door on the bottom level of the GWCC
I have no idea what GWCC stands for, but I am going to guess it's the Georgia Whites-Only Country Club.

;)

I do hope she works across the aisle for the simple reason is that compromise is good because neither party has a monopoly on good ideas. Or bad ideas.
As to your conspiracy theory, it's a little out there.

I don't believe that the MAGA/Republican party has any ideas that don't originate from fear, hate or religious nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom