• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

Uhhh. I’m stunned you don’t have a sexual harassment complaint. Not a good term to use at work. Could come back to haunt you.
not a good term elsewhere, sure.
Won't haunt me, here, at least not without a huge turnover in personnel. The density in Fleet veterans and Fleet compatible workers is astonishingly high.

So, there's a cabinet on the sub. No moving parts, nothing to adjust. Twice (at least) sailors have opened it up to see what's inside.

What's inside is the power to the security circuits on the missile tubes. So, in addition to the exposed wires and potential shock, there's a security violation.
I was tasked with creating a presentation to minimize future inspections while under a load.
The TL: DR of my presentation is "keep your dick-skinners out of the cabinet." Everyone at the Skype meeting approved of the theme.

My son had never heard the common Navy term: dickskinners. Asked if was real. If we had rabbis on board. This lead to a mention, in a different Skype meeting, which went horrible places, comparing a bris to an energized equipment work area. Makes the "rope man's" job WAY different.

So, after all said and done, told the story to my wife. Who somehow made it thru HER Navy career without hearing the term.
"This story is probably hilarious if you know what a dickskinner is."
"Hands."
She stared for a moment, then gestured as one masturbating a penis.
Exactly. Pretty much exactly how long it took Tallest to figure it out, too.

Uhhh. I’m stunned you don’t have a sexual harassment complaint. Not a good term to use at work. Could come back to haunt you.

AFIAK no women on boomers yet. Living conditions in subs are cramped, it would be pretty hard to have gender-separated facilities.

AFIAK no women on boomers yet. Living conditions in subs are cramped, it would be pretty hard to have gender-separated facilities.
They have had women on the SSGNs for a while. Same class sub.
A little coordination on the berthing and heads us all...
Oh, and not tolerating anyone filming them in the shower and trading the videos for energy drinks.

I believe it was Michael Crichton (probably among others) who argued that all-women submarine crews would have an advantage. They generally are smaller and weigh less than men and consume fewer resources. Other than the few jobs requiring heavy-duty muscle strength (how many of those anymore?) there's no real need for only men on subs.

Same for spacecraft, for that matter.

Reactions: WAB
Okay, so, CNN could have said "at least 11 dead AND millions without power."

I thought this said 11 million.

20210215_162238.png

Small heart failure there, just for a tick....

Is my car trying to tell me something?

I passed a billboard for a marijuana dispensary (stores that sell it legally--originally it required a medical card, the name stuck.) Not much farther along I came to the cheapest gas station I'm aware of. I fill the tank, get back in and it comes up with a range to empty: 420

Tpmy entire division spent today collaborating online on a problem.
Someone screwed up an automated function affecting 4 Navy training courses, and the fix must be performed manually. Line item by line item....

Someone has music playing. We hears the song. They call it a 'classic.' Says it hit the charts in2003. That's when the flashbacks roll out.
"I was in high school."
"I was in junior high."
"I was in Boot Camp."
"I was stationed in Bangor."

I was out of school, out of the Navy, hired by this company. I said, "I was here. Doing this." They all found this frightfully amusing. Whippersnappers....

Ten people attend our morning Skype. Most have kids. Mine are the oldest, ages 31 and 26.
The youngest is 1 month.
Chris had the baby monitor on his desk and we heard an upset little individual crying.
My manager, kids aged 26 and 21, heard crying baby and went, 'Awwww.'
'No!' from me. 'Not Aw! Or Ah! This is not a nostalgic sound!'
'Don't you miss that?' she pressed. 'Just for a second?'
'No! That sound smells like diapers!'

Back
Top Bottom