• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

My boss' boss spoke to the unit about some exciting opportunities coming up for the business. It appears we're in a really good position to capitalize on modern trends in communications. To emphasize his point, he said, "Number tag: Modernization!"

We did not cheer. He looked around a little confused at the lackluster response.

One of his peers from the front office eased him away from the microphone saying, "Okay, just stop talking, now."
"But..."
"Stop. Stop talking. Now is the time to stop talking."

Things that make you laugh, or scream about idiots....

The doctor's office has a new policy. That's fine.
I have to sign the form acknowledging their new policies. Great.
There's a whole page of policies, some new, some updated, some unchanged. Minimum time to reschedule, penalties for being late or missing, etc. Not a problem.

The clerk at the counter offers me the page and a pen and i start to read the policies. I must assume that she was just expecting me to sign it and hand it back. "I'll give you a copy once i scan it," she tells me.

"Uh huh." I continue reading.

"You can read it at your leisure," she says helpfully. I acknowledge that this is true. And go on reading.

"I just need you to sign it," she says. I stop, put the unsigned sheet face down on the counter and look her in the eye.

"The entire point of my signature is that i understand what this paper says and agree to it. I saw that one of the paragraphs starts with 'I hereby authorize...' There's just not a chance in Hell that i'm going to sign that sheet of paper without actually reading it."

"But i cannot help the next patient until you sign that so i can scan it," she points out.

"And I've lived in the United States far too long to sign any agreement without reading it first."

"Most people just sign it and take it home," she whined. Well, i thought, it sucks to be them.

"There was a guy at the mall trying to get signatures on a petition to end animal cruelty by ending animal acts in the circus. He had five pages of signatures. But i read the petition and it was a demand that women be legally prevented from working outside of the home in violation of God's decrees and the Natural Order. Should i have signed that without looking?"

"IS THAT WHAT THAT WAS?" the woman behind me shrieked.

"Great," the guy at the end of the line bitched. "Now EVERYONE's going to read that damned form..."

A comment from a religious believer ten years ago: "Did recently any spiders crawl all over you and spin and spun their net and rolled you in a big chunk of corrupt anti-religious bacon?"

So, My Boss has been complaining about the M&Ms. Seems he just cannot walk past the dispenser without taking one or two...servings.
I stepped into the office just as he finally took the last M&M. "THERE! Finally!" he cheers. "The thing is EMPTY and I can ignore it!"

I congratulated him.

And waited until he went into his office to pour in the bag of refills...

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT NOISE?"
"No idea what you're talking about."

Meanwhile, at lunch, I bought ten bags of balloons.
"What's the occasion?" the woman at Michael's asked.
"My manager is out of town."
"Oh, and you're throwing a party?"
"No, we're filling her office with balloons...."

400 has us about waist high through the office.

So, My Boss has been complaining about the M&Ms. Seems he just cannot walk past the dispenser without taking one or two...servings.
I stepped into the office just as he finally took the last M&M. "THERE! Finally!" he cheers. "The thing is EMPTY and I can ignore it!"

I congratulated him.

And waited until he went into his office to pour in the bag of refills...

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT NOISE?"
"No idea what you're talking about."

400 has us about waist high through the office.

With pictures of torpedoed ships on them? :)

With pictures of torpedoed ships on them? :)
No, Christine's cool with subs.

Too bad it wasn't the previoous manager, though, the one with slight OCD tendencies. I'd have numbered the balloons.

1, 2, 3
5, 6, 7, 8
13, 14, 15,

Messing with OCD "sufferers" (quotes because IMO everyone else suffers from their OCD more than they do) is not even sporting - like shooting fish in a barrel. But loads of fun nonetheless. :eek:

Wednesday at 0800:

aachris.JPG

(We have a mosquito net across the door so the balloons won't escape.)

You really think of everything. All those years as a submariner have made you scrupulously thorough.

Could you please prank Trump and give him a heart attack?

Could you please prank Trump and give him a heart attack?
Would that I had access...

I'd probably feed him important things he needs to respond to.... Every third one invented by Jimmy Higgins... "And don't let the press tell you that no one's actually accusing you of molesting a team mascot, they're all in on this one! They've got pictures of the cattle prod and the jar of mayonnaise!"

My wife and I were driving past a cemetery in the town next to our home town.

I said, in a serious voice, "I recently learned something about this place you won't believe."

"What?" my wife asked.

"The people living in this town are not allowed to be buried in that cemetery."

"Why not?"

I took a deep breath, slowly turned to her, and said...

"Because they're still alive."

So, my manager's office is 5' deep in balloons. All the furniture and two of her bulletin boards are completely submerged.

Facilities comes by, doing a count of ergonomic chairs. I honestly can't recall what kind of chair she sits in. But I know she JUST broke this one in and doesn't want a new one.

I try to tell this to the Facilities guy. he's staring at the office. "What's the occasion?"
"What?"
"Is it her birthday?"
"What? No, it's not."
"Did she get a promotion?"
"I don't understand the question."
"The balloons!"
"What balloons?"
"The... The... The thousand balloons in that office?!"
"Oh. THOSE Balloons. No, that's 680 or so. A few popped. while we were blowing them up."
"Yeah, those balloons. I'm asking why?"
"Well, some had an embolism, one got overfilled, I really don't think the superjumbo ones are supposed to be blown up by hand..."
"What?"
"What?"
"Why... I'm asking why she has the balloons!?"
"Well, she's out of town."
"And?"
"What do you mean, and? She's out of town. So, balloons."
"Why?"
"Have you always had that tic in your cheek? Maybe you should sit down."
"IS IT A HOLIDAY!?!?"
"Probably. It's surely some saint's birthday."
"Who's the saint of balloons?"
"Dude, you really should just let this go."
"I just want to know what the joke is!"
"Well, imagine if you came in to work and you found this in your office."
"I don't have an office."

I begin to realize why he's the one tasked with counting chairs by type...

So, I missed the big reveal. She walked in, shouted, "Are you KIDDING me!?!" Damn. I had 'Oh my god!' in the pool.

As she is the single mother of 3 boys, I probably should have expected that she wouldn't accept the 'this strange man ran in and did this' excuse...

Back
Top Bottom