• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

To Give You a Size of the Immense and Growing Size of Illegal Immigration

She, however, was never put in charge of the border nor labeled a “czar.”

Erm, yes she was.
No, she wasn't.
ffs, you know she was labeled “ border czar” by plenty MSM outlets including CNN.

Let the gaslighting continue.
Since when is CNN in charge of divying up executive branch responsibilities?
So are you admitting that the NYT is gaslighting or no?

Anyway, Harris proved to absolutely fucking useless at whatever it was she was supposed to be doing. Hilarious how one of the least liked and most incompetent, useless politicians to to grace government is suddenly the darling of the left.

Erm, yes she was.
No, she wasn't.
ffs, you know she was labeled “ border czar” by plenty MSM outlets including CNN.

Anyway, Harris proved to absolutely fucking useless at whatever it was she was supposed to be doing. Hilarious how one of the least liked and most incompetent, useless politicians to to grace government is suddenly the darling of the left.
Gaslighting? How is it gaslighting to observe that you said something that just wasn't true?

In this article there is a link to the transcript of what Biden asked Harris to do in a meeting in 2021.
I have said this before.
Much, if not all, of the blame for the problem stems from over 100 years of the USA of fucking with Latin America!
Sow and reap.

Don't got no bananas today.

Erm, yes she was.
No, she wasn't.

Gaslighting? How is it gaslighting to observe that you said something that just wasn't true?

Behave yourself.

Erm, yes she was.
No, she wasn't.
I guess he didn't bother to read the article from the Post which explained exactly what her role was. The Republicans made up the stupid border czar thing. She was never in charge of the border as some of us know. Here's a few lines from a link in the article, explaining Trump's lie.

But Harris was not in charge of immigration issues, and she certainly wasn’t a czar.
In 2021, President Biden assigned Harris to take charge of the “root causes” strategy — essentially a diplomatic effort with El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras to stem migration from those countries. The efforts appeared to have some impact — border arrests from those countries dropped from 700,000 in the 2021 fiscal year to fewer than 500,000 in 2023, according to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data. The downward trend has continued in 2024. For instance, nearly 77,000 migrants from those countries crossed the border in June 2021 — and the figure dropped to 24,000 in June of this year.

Erm, yes she was.
No, she wasn't.
The Republicans made up the stupid border czar thing.

It was the MSM that reported (labeled) Harris as the "border czar".
That gives her neither authority over nor responsibility for any task of government.

True that but I never said it did. I just pointed out that it was the MSM who labeled her as a "border czar".

Erm, yes she was.
No, she wasn't.

Indeed, but...
article said:
While the ultimate aim of the Harris role was to reduce the numbers of people arriving at the US border, Mr Biden never used the words “border tsar” in announcing her appointment.

“She is the most qualified person to lead our efforts with Mexico and the Northern Triangle in stemming the movement of so many folks to our southern border,” Mr Biden said at the time.

Still, many people came to see the assignment as all-encompassing. Several media organisations, including the BBC, described Ms Harris as a “tsar” in news reports.
Out of curiosity, I checked Wikipedia. It doesn't list Harris, but I was more interested in finding out whether she was ever listed there. And she was... but the first time was in July 25, 2024 (There have been nearly 4000 posts regarding that change) almost immediately after Harris 'secured' the nomination, not in March or April 2021 when Harris was appointed with trying get to the root source of people coming up from Central America.

Last edited:
In this article there is a link to the transcript of what Biden asked Harris to do in a meeting in 2021.
I have said this before.
Much, if not all, of the blame for the problem stems from over 100 years of the USA of fucking with Latin America!
Sow and reap.

Exactly, all the focus is on their arrival and what to do about it, while neither Trump nor Harris seems interested in addressing the root causes of why they're coming in the first place. Biden didn’t, Obama didn’t, neither of the Bushes did, and the Clintons didn’t either—or at least, not that I can recall on any notably public platform.

I have said this before.
Sow and reap.

Exactly, all the focus is on their arrival and what to do about it, while neither Trump nor Harris seems interested in addressing the root causes of why they're coming in the first place.
That isn't particularly accurate. No, she didn't solve the problem. But we are talking about over a century of American malfeasance in the Central American corridor we can't fix in a 36 month period. Certainly, Trump's solution isn't to invest in Central America.
BBC article cited above said:
As the former lead US diplomat on the Northern Triangle, he maintains the Biden administration did make in-roads to Central America’s problems.

He points to Ms Harris’s help raising $5bn (£3.9bn) from the private sector for job creation and entrepreneurship in the region. Several former members of her team recount how she personally called CEOs, persuading them to put in funds.

During her visit to Guatemala and Mexico in June 2021, I saw Ms Harris try to show a kinder face, following four years of Donald Trump’s harsh rhetoric. She said she appreciated that people were fleeing “hunger, hurricanes and pandemic” and went on to set up a Central American corruption task force.

I have said this before.
Sow and reap.

Exactly, all the focus is on their arrival and what to do about it, while neither Trump nor Harris seems interested in addressing the root causes of why they're coming in the first place.
That isn't particularly accurate. No, she didn't solve the problem. But we are talking about over a century of American malfeasance in the Central American corridor we can't fix in a 36 month period. Certainly, Trump's solution isn't to invest in Central America.
As the former lead US diplomat on the Northern Triangle, he maintains the Biden administration did make in-roads to Central America’s problems.

He points to Ms Harris’s help raising $5bn (£3.9bn) from the private sector for job creation and entrepreneurship in the region. Several former members of her team recount how she personally called CEOs, persuading them to put in funds.

During her visit to Guatemala and Mexico in June 2021, I saw Ms Harris try to show a kinder face, following four years of Donald Trump’s harsh rhetoric. She said she appreciated that people were fleeing “hunger, hurricanes and pandemic” and went on to set up a Central American corruption task force.

Oh? So she talked about America's tendency to interfere in Central America and support authoritarian regimes? The way our war on drugs, combined with our history of handing out weapons that end up in the wrong hands, has helped destabilize Central American countries? I didn’t realize that 'job creation & path to citizenship' translated to that. Must be a bug in Google Translate.

Oh? So she talked about America's tendency to interfere in Central America and support authoritarian regimes? The way our war on drugs, combined with our history of handing out weapons that end up in the wrong hands, has helped destabilize Central American countries? I didn’t realize that 'job creation & path to citizenship' translated to that. Must be a bug in Google Translate.
The money was for job creation in Central America.

We’ll see how long that lasts before the next uninformed clown gets voted in by people who don’t know any better and ruins it. Like I said, the conversation about how we got here isn’t happening nearly enough. Also, judging by how America has handled the region I'd be more confident if the money was just handed over to Russia or China and let them do it. :rolleyes:

Erm, yes she was.
No, she wasn't.

That gives her neither authority over nor responsibility for any task of government.

True that but I never said it did. I just pointed out that it was the MSM who labeled her as a "border czar".
Did that MSM's name begin with an F and end with an X?

Erm, yes she was.
No, she wasn't.

Did that MSM's name begin with an F and end with an X?
Either that or it began with an N and ended with an X, which is even worse than the one you mentioned. Even USA Today wrote that Harris was never a border CZAR or in charge of the border in any way. But, we know what a far left rag USA Today is..../s

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-biden-administration-fact-check/74498717007/

A July 21 Instagram post (direct link, archive link) by Donald Trump Jr. blames Vice President Kamala Harris for the country's immigration problems.

"She was put in charge of the border and we saw the worst invasion of illegals in our history!!!" reads part of the post, which is a screenshot of a post from X, formerly Twitter.

Similar posts on Threads have described Harris as the Biden administration's "border czar."

The Instagram post was liked more than 200,000 times in a day.

More from the Fact-Check Team: How we pick and research claims | Email newsletter | Facebook page

Our rating: False​

The post exaggerates the vice president's role in addressing migration at the southern border. Harris was never put in charge of the border or made "border czar," immigration experts said. President Joe Biden tasked Harris with leading the administration's diplomatic efforts addressing the "root causes" of migration in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

Back
Top Bottom