• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

Not so much what I ate today, but a disturbing statistic.
12% of Americans eat 50% of the beef!
And they are mostly men.
My dog, I am not a vegan, but that is almost disgusting.
Beef production is least green of all.
Mr. Sohy eats a lot more beef than I do, but he doesn't eat it more than 2 or 3 times a week and sometimes I shame him when he does. We never have it more than once a week at home, and with very few exceptions, I don't even like beef, or most meat for that matter. I'm into beans, black beans, blacked eyed peas and refried beans if we have Mexican food. Beens have plenty of protein are delicious, cheap and tasty. I ate some three times last week, mostly good Southern black eyes peas, which are actually beans. I probably eat vegan or at least 4 days a week or at least vegetarian. I'm trying to find non meat sources of iron and recently discovered that dark chocolate is pretty high in iron, so why not indulge a bit? it's going to be frozen dinners tonight. I had shrimp, fried okra and Cole slaw for lunch at a local seafood place.
I absolutely hate beans. Never liked them since childhood. I always found them dry and tasteless. And I hate the mouthfeel.

I know they are very good for you and a great substitute for meat but I just cannot eat them.

Rice, potatoes, and beans are staples for me, I usualy have some in the refrigerator.

Beans with eggs, beans and rice with tomorrow sauce, beans on salads. Cold beans and potatoes with a dressing.

Beans are easy to cook. Soak for a day or overnight and boil.

Rice and beans are a complete protein.

Back
Top Bottom