• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

Not so much what I ate today, but a disturbing statistic.
12% of Americans eat 50% of the beef!
And they are mostly men.
My dog, I am not a vegan, but that is almost disgusting.
Beef production is least green of all.
Mr. Sohy eats a lot more beef than I do, but he doesn't eat it more than 2 or 3 times a week and sometimes I shame him when he does. We never have it more than once a week at home, and with very few exceptions, I don't even like beef, or most meat for that matter. I'm into beans, black beans, blacked eyed peas and refried beans if we have Mexican food. Beens have plenty of protein are delicious, cheap and tasty. I ate some three times last week, mostly good Southern black eyes peas, which are actually beans. I probably eat vegan or at least 4 days a week or at least vegetarian. I'm trying to find non meat sources of iron and recently discovered that dark chocolate is pretty high in iron, so why not indulge a bit? it's going to be frozen dinners tonight. I had shrimp, fried okra and Cole slaw for lunch at a local seafood place.
I absolutely hate beans. Never liked them since childhood. I always found them dry and tasteless. And I hate the mouthfeel.

I know they are very good for you and a great substitute for meat but I just cannot eat them.

Rice, potatoes, and beans are staples for me, I usualy have some in the refrigerator.

Beans with eggs, beans and rice with tomorrow sauce, beans on salads. Cold beans and potatoes with a dressing.

Beans are easy to cook. Soak for a day or overnight and boil.

Rice and beans are a complete protein.

Pizza.
I worked in the business for way too long.
So, I have some knowledge of it.
Pizza is probably as old as bread.
Catch of the day on some kind of bread.
Cheese making is very old too.
Tomatoes came much later. Columbus and all that stuff.
I have been playing around with deep dish lately. Kinda Detroit style.
Sometimes I go to the trouble to make fresh dough, but mostly I just use premade from the store.
And, yes I like pineapple on pizza.

Tomatoes came much later.
You must be old. Pizza has had tomato sauce my whole life. I don’t believe there was ever pizza before tomato sauce. If there was, they should never have been allowed to call it pizza.
I like different sauces. Garlic buttermilk ranch, olive oil with spices, BBQ sauce, pesto(not so much), even Alfredo.
Hawaiian style is one of my favs.

Not so much what I ate today, but a disturbing statistic.
12% of Americans eat 50% of the beef!
And they are mostly men.
My dog, I am not a vegan, but that is almost disgusting.
Beef production is least green of all.
Mr. Sohy eats a lot more beef than I do, but he doesn't eat it more than 2 or 3 times a week and sometimes I shame him when he does. We never have it more than once a week at home, and with very few exceptions, I don't even like beef, or most meat for that matter. I'm into beans, black beans, blacked eyed peas and refried beans if we have Mexican food. Beens have plenty of protein are delicious, cheap and tasty. I ate some three times last week, mostly good Southern black eyes peas, which are actually beans. I probably eat vegan or at least 4 days a week or at least vegetarian. I'm trying to find non meat sources of iron and recently discovered that dark chocolate is pretty high in iron, so why not indulge a bit? it's going to be frozen dinners tonight. I had shrimp, fried okra and Cole slaw for lunch at a local seafood place.
I absolutely hate beans. Never liked them since childhood. I always found them dry and tasteless. And I hate the mouthfeel.

I know they are very good for you and a great substitute for meat but I just cannot eat them.
Maybe you've never had any beans cooked the way that Mr. Sohy does. :) My favorites are black beans. They are nice and juicy with a hint of garlic. I had crowder peas, (which are similar to black eyed peas, another bean ) for lunch at our local Southern style restaurant, along with collard greens, baby limas, sweet potato soufflé and fried okra. It doesn't get much more Southern that. We never cook those things, but we do enjoy having them when we eat at that place. The older I get, the less I like meat, plus I hate the way that farm animals are treated. It kind of creeps me out to eat it. I know we evolved to be omnivores and I'm not judging meat eaters, but it's hard for me to eat it, although I can still eat shrimp, and I do indulge in chicken at least once or twice a week. A book I'm reading suggests that a plant based diet is the healthiest and we should eat more protein in the morning and more carbs at night to help us sleep. I'm skeptical of that claim, but I don't sleep as well as I once did and I do eat almost all carbs for breakfast. There are so many theories out there regarding how we should eat. Moderation in all things, as long as you include plenty of fruit, veggies, nuts, grains etc. is probably fine for most of us..

I occasionally make a bean casserole with just beans and other veg slow cooked.

But I also do loaded beans which has ham hock meat and maybe mince in it or chorizo.

Both are yummy.

I then make tortilla boats or tortilla pie our of tortillas and the mixture with loads of cheese.

Back
Top Bottom