• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

I made a salad yesterday that was simply this:

Half a continental cucumber - diced (cut in half lengthwise, and again, and sliced)
150g grape tomatoes - halved
100g capsicum - diced
100g pickled beetroot - diced (you can buy tins of diced beetroot here)
5 dill pickles, sliced.
100g canned corn kernels.

Tossed.

This made 4 serves as a side, or two if it was the whole meal.

It was colourful and delicious.

I am experimenting with different salads at the moment - and wouldn’t mind recipes, but I hate nuts in salads.

I want to try a potato salad that doesn’t have cream in it Next.

Saw a new product in the news. Bags that are said to absorb the gas said to keep fruits fresh longer.

Stir fried snow peas and eggplant with tomato sauce.

I really don't have the time these days so trying to pick up some new but simple skills. At the moment it's cooking Tofu, not difficult but the first few attempts didn't go well.

We're now accommodating three diets, meat, pescetarian, and baby-led-weaning. That's keeping things interesting.

Bilby is on lates at the moment and so I am enjoying frozen dinners. I bulk cooked some roast veg medley and snags, but it wasn’t enough. So yesterday I heated up loaded beans, which I ate with rice last night and for lunch tomorrow. Tonight I reheated some chicken and veg soup. Yummy.

I love the fact that we have a supply of home cooked ‘ready meals’ in the freezer.

Bilby is on lates at the moment and so I am enjoying frozen dinners. I bulk cooked some roast veg medley and snags, but it wasn’t enough. So yesterday I heated up loaded beans, which I ate with rice last night and for lunch tomorrow. Tonight I reheated some chicken and veg soup. Yummy.

I love the fact that we have a supply of home cooked ‘ready meals’ in the freezer.
Wait, so are you saying you and bilby are together? If so, feel free to assume I feel like a mook for not knowing all this time.

Wait, so are you saying you and bilby are together? If so, feel free to assume I feel like a mook for not knowing all this time.
Ummm yes! He introduced me to this forum back at the beginning of 2013. And it’s ok if you weren’t aware. I spend most of my time in the lounge and sometimes other areas. I just don’t like fighting with people who are wrong.

Ummm yes! He introduced me to this forum back at the beginning of 2013. And it’s ok if you weren’t aware. I spend most of my time in the lounge and sometimes other areas. I just don’t like fighting with people who are wrong.
Well, you married well if that's the case

We don’t fight actually. We generally think the same way.

We don’t fight actually. We generally think the same way.
Well that's the thing. From what I know of Bilby, they are generally not wrong so no reason to fight, and because you are their spouse you are never wrong so no matter how much they like arguing with wrong people, it's never going to point at you.

Stop it. You'll give Bilby a big head.

Stop it. You'll give Bilby a big head.
No. That's @gmbteach's job.

Walmart had no nectarines. But I got some nice red pears and plums. I am waiting for cranberries so I can have sugar free cranberry sauce. Why none of the producers of cranberry sauces make sugar free makes me ticked off.

Today was homemade bread and chicken soup day. The Mrs. has a bad cold, maybe flu, so we're doting. Three loaves at a time lasts at least a few weeks if you keep them frozen. I have started to cut the finished loaves in half before freezing. With just two of us a half loaf lasts. I made this batch with wine yeast, gave it a very winey aroma while it was rising before baking.

Just had a BLT for the ages. Nothing spectacular about the bacon or lettuce, but then there was this:

532BE0D4-8F52-4EDE-945C-14CCE1F283D0.jpeg
October 28th is a record. I shut down the greenhouse yesterday. This was the last GREAT tomato of the year. Still have some lesser specimens to put up, but this one was … spectacular!

Grilled cheese with mozzarella, onions, peppers, and tomato sauce.

Back
Top Bottom