• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why you should vote for Trump

Under what conditions would you consider it ethical to withhold a vote from Joe Biden?
In this situation?
Complete ignorance borne of immersion in Putin Party Propaganda might give excuse…
So your support of Biden is, in fact, unconditional?
No. Biden just happens to be Trump’s main obstacle. If he drops out and Dems offer another candidate I’ll vote for them. My opposition to allowing Trump anywhere near any position of power in government, is unconditional. There is no more dangerous scumbag on the planet.
I'm not sure if Putin is worse.

Same thing. Biden is the party's choice, they paid a country's ransom to ensure that he would be. So, you support Biden unconditionally, because he is the chosen voice of the party you support unconditionally.

And that is your choice. But I am not of a like mind, and I surrender my conscience to no one without condition. That is unlikely to change, no matter how much "education" I receive, or however many bars of soap Swammerdami would like me to consume to shame me out of my thought crimes.
It's not that we have unconditional support for Biden or even the Democrats. Rather, we have unconditional fear of the Trump and the Republicans. It's not voting for Biden, it's voting against Trump and MAGA.

It is obvious that Iran knows it would be devastated in a war with the US or its allies. That is why the warned us snout their “tat” in response to Israel’s “tit”. Their acquisition of a nuclear weapon does not change that awareness.
The fundamental problem is that Iran wants to sit in it's spider web using proxy armies to destroy. Our invasion of Afghanistan scared them because it made them realize that there was a point beyond which aiding terrorists would bring retaliation. They want to get the bomb to avoid that, so they can sit there pushing out terror without being held accountable. They've given their puppets every weapon system they're capable of operating, why do you think they wouldn't give their puppets the bomb?

Same thing. Biden is the party's choice, they paid a country's ransom to ensure that he would be. So, you support Biden unconditionally, because he is the chosen voice of the party you support unconditionally.

And that is your choice. But I am not of a like mind, and I surrender my conscience to no one without condition. That is unlikely to change, no matter how much "education" I receive, or however many bars of soap Swammerdami would like me to consume to shame me out of my thought crimes.
It's not that we have unconditional support for Biden or even the Democrats. Rather, we have unconditional fear of the Trump and the Republicans. It's not voting for Biden, it's voting against Trump and MAGA.
My vote, barring the unforeseen, will be anti Trump, and it will also be pro Biden as he has done a really great job given given the pile of crap he was bequeathed by the guy going on criminal trial tomorrow.

Biden is one of our best presidents, in truth, especially in domestic matters.
Surely you jest.
Rampant inflation, porous southern border, made a complete fuck up of the Afghanistan withdrawal and spending money as fast as he can magically produce/print it. Yeah he’s a great President.

It is obvious that Iran knows it would be devastated in a war with the US or its allies. That is why the warned us snout their “tat” in response to Israel’s “tit”. Their acquisition of a nuclear weapon does not change that awareness.
The fundamental problem is that Iran wants to sit in it's spider web using proxy armies to destroy. Our invasion of Afghanistan scared them because it made them realize that there was a point beyond which aiding terrorists would bring retaliation. They want to get the bomb to avoid that, so they can sit there pushing out terror without being held accountable. They've given their puppets every weapon system they're capable of operating, why do you think they wouldn't give their puppets the bomb?
My response that you did not read explains why I think so.

Sorry, but I disagree. I think it's insane to object to Biden, when Trump would probably literally help wipe out Gaza.
First of all, that is an assertion based on party loyalty. Not on anything either man has actually done or said.

Second, we have a right as citizens go abstain from a vote. And if you find yourself trying to deny that right, trying to justifying a viewpoint that "you're either for Biden or you're for Trump, there is no muddle ground", you've got no leg to stand on in accusing Arabs of being too politically rigid. They aren't the ones saying "my Party or no party,". Rather, most are feeling party-less and desperate right now, with no one to trust but each other.

Australia fines people who don't vote and although the fine isn't usually that large, their voting rate is something like 97 or 98%. Our rate is pitiful by comparison. Anyone who doesn't vote in the US is a fool imo. If you must look at it like voting for the lesser of two evils, fine. I usually just think that one is much better compared to the alternative and in the coming election, that is truer than any time in my life. Plus we vote for a lot more than just the president and I've even known people who only vote in the presidential elections. That is also foolish and/or ignorant.

I've voted for people who I wasn't fond of many times, but the alternative was far worse. I vote in every single election, no matter how minor the issues may be because the vote is the only tiny bit of power we have and we women didn't even get that right until a little over 100 years ago. Some Republicans would love to take away our right to vote and some states are making it harder to vote, so only a foolish person doesn't vote and sadly, I've know plenty of them, although I've also known a few who finally voted in 2020 because they didn't want another Trump term.

So, sure, people in the US aren't required to vote, but they are fools, imo, if they don't. You don't have to belong or cling to a party to vote. Just vote for the person who will do the least amount of harm. Btw, Arabs are a very diverse group, so don't make generalizations about them. My husband's late grandparents were immigrants from Syria and Lebanon and most of his current extended family members, are conservatives, who have traditionally voted for Republicans with few exceptions. I hate what's going on in Gaza, but that's not going to keep me from voting blue all the way down the line. All presidents and politicians make mistakes, but I'd rather have an imperfect president than a psychopathic narcissist who despises the rule of law and wants to be a dictator.

Why aren't the Arabic countries doing more to help the citizens of Gaza? Why aren't they taking in more of them? Why aren't they doing more to provide them with relief measures? It's not Biden who is the problem. Bibi and the surrounding Arabic countries are the problem. Shouting at Biden and calling him Genocidal Joe isn't accomplishing anything, but causing more hate and division in a country that is already too divided.
I. I know Australians who very bitterly resent compulsory voting and do not view it as freedom, but the opposite.

2. Arab nations, annd Iran are often bitterly at odds with each other—basically longstanding tribal rivalries. Israel, and to a much lesser although not insignificant extent, the US serve as a good distractions from that tribal
animosity—they can unite against hatred of Israel and Jews and a lesser animosity towards the US. That does NOT mean that they are supporters of Palestinians. See: tribal rivalry. But and more importantly, if the conflict between Israel and ( insert muslim nation, but in this case: Gazans) then something akin to..,detat if not actual peace might break out and then all of those countries would have to deal with their own internal problems, which is much, much messier.

I for one would like more elections where I am not voting against a candidate but for a candidate I actually think is good.
Such an election, should it occur, would be a worldwide historical first.
I voted wholeheartedly for Obama because I liked him very much.

Surely you jest.
Rampant inflation, porous southern border, made a complete fuck up of the Afghanistan withdrawal and spending money as fast as he can magically produce/print it. Yeah he’s a great President.
Straw man, straw man, straw man, straw man...

A candidate that will get the USA to exit the “Paris climate agreement” will get my vote which means I’m going to have to vote for Trump again.

The feeling was never subdued. It's just the world would prefer not to see Iran for what it is.
Not subdued for them, but for everyone else. Sabre rattling and skirmishing and stuff has been constant in the region since the Stone Age, and actual genocidal violence was just a fact of “life”. Invaders raping, pillaging and converting the survivors to whatever myth their armies have swallowed,
… Ho hum just another century in the neighborhood.
But that was a bit more localized. Most of the rest of the world didn’t have to worry about it too much.

Rampant inflation, a result of Trump Virus bungling. The recovery under Biden was and remains the best in the world.
Porous southern border, maintained by Trump’s refusal to allow his minions to pass the bipartisan bill that had everything they wanted.
**** made a complete fuck up of the Afghanistan withdrawal that Trump promised, and failed, to accomplish. Then poisoned the well ensuring that if Biden tried to withdraw, our local cooperators were abandoned to be tortured and killed.
Possibly Biden’s most difficult predicament of the many he has suffered due to the mess Trump left him.
Trump had inherited a record string of consecutive growth quarters and Cheato killed it, like he kills everything.

A candidate that will get the USA to exit the “Paris climate agreement” will get my vote which means I’m going to have to vote for Trump again.
TSwizzle : I'm going to spend years pointing out Brandon shouldn't be President because of his age and senility. The Presidency is too important a role to give to someone who is in mental decline.

Also TSwizzle: I'm voting for the other old senile guy.

Interesting how quickly you toss aside your values for a red baseball cap.

Surely you jest.
Rampant inflation,
Not his fault - that's due to Putin's war. He has done an excellent job bringing it back under control though.
porous southern border,
No, it isn't. No more so than under any other recent Presidents.
made a complete fuck up of the Afghanistan withdrawal
That was Trump's doing.
and spending money as fast as he can magically produce/print it.
[citation needed]
Yeah he’s a great President.
Yeah, he really is.

Interesting how many info-deprived dullards are content to swallow Trump’s blatant lies, and ignore his obvious incompetence and stupidity.

Interesting how many info-deprived dullards are content to swallow Trump’s blatant lies, and ignore his obvious incompetence and stupidity.
Every accusation is quite literally a confession for them.

Sorry, but I disagree. I think it's insane to object to Biden, when Trump would probably literally help wipe out Gaza.
First of all, that is an assertion based on party loyalty. Not on anything either man has actually done or said.

Second, we have a right as citizens go abstain from a vote. And if you find yourself trying to deny that right, trying to justifying a viewpoint that "you're either for Biden or you're for Trump, there is no muddle ground", you've got no leg to stand on in accusing Arabs of being too politically rigid. They aren't the ones saying "my Party or no party,". Rather, most are feeling party-less and desperate right now, with no one to trust but each other.

Australia fines people who don't vote and although the fine isn't usually that large, their voting rate is something like 97 or 98%. Our rate is pitiful by comparison. Anyone who doesn't vote in the US is a fool imo. If you must look at it like voting for the lesser of two evils, fine. I usually just think that one is much better compared to the alternative and in the coming election, that is truer than any time in my life. Plus we vote for a lot more than just the president and I've even known people who only vote in the presidential elections. That is also foolish and/or ignorant.

I've voted for people who I wasn't fond of many times, but the alternative was far worse. I vote in every single election, no matter how minor the issues may be because the vote is the only tiny bit of power we have and we women didn't even get that right until a little over 100 years ago. Some Republicans would love to take away our right to vote and some states are making it harder to vote, so only a foolish person doesn't vote and sadly, I've know plenty of them, although I've also known a few who finally voted in 2020 because they didn't want another Trump term.

So, sure, people in the US aren't required to vote, but they are fools, imo, if they don't. You don't have to belong or cling to a party to vote. Just vote for the person who will do the least amount of harm. Btw, Arabs are a very diverse group, so don't make generalizations about them. My husband's late grandparents were immigrants from Syria and Lebanon and most of his current extended family members, are conservatives, who have traditionally voted for Republicans with few exceptions. I hate what's going on in Gaza, but that's not going to keep me from voting blue all the way down the line. All presidents and politicians make mistakes, but I'd rather have an imperfect president than a psychopathic narcissist who despises the rule of law and wants to be a dictator.

Why aren't the Arabic countries doing more to help the citizens of Gaza? Why aren't they taking in more of them? Why aren't they doing more to provide them with relief measures? It's not Biden who is the problem. Bibi and the surrounding Arabic countries are the problem. Shouting at Biden and calling him Genocidal Joe isn't accomplishing anything, but causing more hate and division in a country that is already too divided.
I. I know Australians who very bitterly resent compulsory voting and do not view it as freedom, but the opposite.
Yes but we ignore those 15 people.
Just to clarify - in Australia you are not compelled to vote. You are only compelled to get your name ticked off on the current electoral roll. Once you get the ballot papers in your sweaty palms you can do anything you like with them, except for 2 things. You can rip them up, throw them in the face of the electoral officers, draw rude pictures on them, vote for your Mum or the Queen (I would not recommend setting them afire) etc. The only 2 things you cannot do with the ballots is remove them from the polling station or give them to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom