• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Biden or Trump too old?

To notify a split thread.
Debates are done under oath.
Great, but unenforceable.
For one thing, proving the debator was lying about how big his -whatever- apartment, crowd, hands are rather than misinformed, and doing so in real time, is an impossible challenge.
For another, Trump don’t care about no stupid oath.
Unless you’re going to haul him off to the slammer in the next ten minutes, breaking an oath only means one thing:
grifting time!
Gotta litigate! Send today and get a cheesy nft.
Wouldn't be needed to prove in realtime. It's just lying would be perjury and end up in jail.

Note how different the reich wing positions are in court (where they are typically immediately tossed because they have nothing but lies behind them) vs in public. I'm saying we should make politicians when acting formally be subject to the standards of the courtroom.

It's just lying would be perjury and end up in jail court.
FIFY
we should make politicians when acting formally be subject to the standards of the courtroom.
Pay attention, Loren:
THERE ARE NO STANDARDS.
Have you watched the circus that goes on? Trump can’t stop talking and all they do is ask him to go outside, where he keeps on talking.
I can see it now;
Outside the debate venue, Trump in front of 100 microphones “They kicked me out for telling the truth! THEY are the liars, and they’re just trying to steal my rights to the first amendment! While the Biden Crime Syndicate is still in there counting MY money!”

Which will be heard and re-heard ten thousand times more than any part of a debate, had one occurred. And they’ll fine him a tenth of what he collects in next hour.

Biden debating Trump would be like scientists debating flat earthers. The amount of lying, poor logic and vomitous gish gallop from Trump would make it impossible to get anything useful out of the process.

Only if the microphone were strictly controlled so we couldn't hear Trump talk over Biden would it even come close to something worth having and watching.

Biden Any politician debating any other politician Trump would be a waste of time as there hasn't been a real debate in decades like scientists debating flat earthers. The amount of lying, poor logic and vomitous gish gallop from Trump would make it impossible to get anything useful out of the process.

Only if the microphone were strictly controlled so we couldn't hear to shock Trump in the nuts whenever he would talk over Biden would make it even come close to something worth having and watching.
Your post was a mess, I made edits. ;)

I'd love to see Trump debate Biden, but with a high school teacher as adjudicator. With infantile rules like everytime you interrupt or insult your opponent, your mike gets cut and your opponent gets five minutes of your time to say whatever they want.
I'd like to see an addition:

Debates are done under oath. As are all discussions in Congress. As are all press conferences.
Please no. Do not want. Are you forgetting the fiasco that ensues when someone tries to nab a president for lying under oath? I have family members who couldn't speak civilly to each other for years...

It’s not the age thing that Republitards are selling now. Trump is telling them to repeat “Biden is a threat to democracy, Biden is a threat to democracy, Biden is a threat to democracy.” And “President Trump will save democracy”.
It makes me fucking SICK to realize that lies of such depth are so readily lapped up by so many ignorants, that they’re likely to put a fucking dictator in charge if they can. While thinking THAT is democracy.
I guess that people too stupid and ignorant to bother learning what democracy is, don’t deserve democracy.

They don't. They should experience Putin-style despotism. But we'd have to endure it, too. This crazy man needs to be defeated, and it increasingly looks like the only way is to mobilize enough voters to flush him out of America. If that can be done.

I’m pretty sure mobilizing enough voters to flush him out of America will need to be step one of at least three.

After Biden gets elected the vote will have to be certified, and he is likely to get zero Republitard votes (being the threat to democracy that “everybody knows” he is.)

If Cheato isn’t in jail by then he will be trying to re-run his heroic democracy-saving effort of 2021.

Then comes the inauguration and its ensuing violence. Then we can look forward to continued violence and Trump STILL running around the country running his oversized mouth about the need to [do stupid and destructive shit to] save democracy.

I think we should put aside East Texas and force every fucking MAGAt in America to move there. Not really, but I’d kinda like to …

Last edited:
he's been infringing on women's rights since his first day in office. Republicans are whittling away at our bodily autonomy, Democrats - led by Biden - are whittling away at our ability to take part in society on equal footing
OMFG.
CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE if Biden wasn’t stealing your social equality right now?
I don’t think you can, or you wouldn’t say stupid shit like that. I’m quite sure wife beating would be acceptable behavior by now if Biden wasn’t busy attacking your rights.

Regarding his senility or lack thereof, you must be going by that Hu character’s smears. If you ask ANYONE who works with or has worked with Biden, they’ll tell you he’s sharp as a tack. And the outcomes he has attained under most difficult conditions are near optimal.

Likewise Trump - ask people who know you’d be hard pressed to find even one former member of his cabinet who thinks he is of sound mind OR of benign intent.

Sure, Emily, we would all prefer Prince Charming the Surpassing Leader with the Golden Voice and no lifetime speech impediment.
But I’ll settle for the best leader and the best hope for democracy that we actually have as an option.

You should too IMNSHO.

It’s not the age thing that Republitards are selling now. Trump is telling them to repeat “Biden is a threat to democracy, Biden is a threat to democracy, Biden is a threat to democracy.” And “President Trump will save democracy”.
It makes me fucking SICK to realize that lies of such depth are so readily lapped up by so many ignorants, that they’re likely to put a fucking dictator in charge if they can. While thinking THAT is democracy.
I guess that people too stupid and ignorant to bother learning what democracy is, don’t deserve democracy.

They don't. They should experience Putin-style despotism. But we'd have to endure it, too. This crazy man needs to be defeated, and it increasingly looks like the only way is to mobilize enough voters to flush him out of America. If that can be done.

They could be sent on a six month deployment to Barbosk, Russia. Let them experience the good life.

I know it's completely illogical but if we all wish hard enough for Trump to have a stroke... a big old hemorrhagic one too, not one of those mini strokes where he'd end up making even more sense to his faithful followers.

he's been infringing on women's rights since his first day in office. Republicans are whittling away at our bodily autonomy, Democrats - led by Biden - are whittling away at our ability to take part in society on equal footing
OMFG.
CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE if Biden wasn’t stealing your social equality right now?
I don’t think you can, or you wouldn’t say stupid shit like that. I’m quite sure wife beating would be acceptable behavior by now if Biden wasn’t busy attacking your rights.

Regarding his senility or lack thereof, you must be going by that Hu character’s smears. If you ask ANYONE who works with or has worked with Biden, they’ll tell you he’s sharp as a tack. And the outcomes he has attained under most difficult conditions are near optimal.

Likewise Trump - ask people who know you’d be hard pressed to find even one former member of his cabinet who thinks he is of sound mind OR of benign intent.

Sure, Emily, we would all prefer Prince Charming the Surpassing Leader with the Golden Voice and no lifetime speech impediment.
But I’ll settle for the best leader and the best hope for democracy that we actually have as an option.

You should too IMNSHO.
There's a reason I have her on ignore, but I had to see what stupidity she spurted out here to cause this reaction.

Holy shit. Alright.

Emily: give some examples (preferably with links) of how democrats are "whittling away at our ability to take part in society on equal footing". Or is this just another way of saying "Oh noes, the trans women"?

Emily: give some examples (preferably with links) of how democrats are "whittling away at our ability to take part in society on equal footing". Or is this just another way of saying "Oh noes, the trans women"?
I mean, what matters more, at the end of the day? Fundamental rights, or the right to kick kids off of sports teams?

Biden signs new executive order to improve women’s health research as reproductive health remains central to reelection pitch

Biden’s new executive order Monday will integrate and prioritize women’s health across various federal agencies, fuel new research, and order the Office of Management and Budget and the Gender Policy Council to assess gaps in federal funding, according to the White House.

Last edited:
Trump is now tweeting that the footage of him slurring words and making befuddled comments at rallies is AI fakery. I guess we'll be hearing this from now on, as often as we hear 'Fake news!' His gaslit followers will no doubt fall in line.
For a third of the population, it just became fact.
Actually, Trump appears to be coming apart at the seams. I’m rooting for a stroke before November. See that mess on stage half locked up and drooling.
... You realize that Trump claiming AI fakery is the cue to DARVO while putting together an unmitigated torrent of AI fakery targeting Biden, ya?

Trump is now tweeting that the footage of him slurring words and making befuddled comments at rallies is AI fakery. I guess we'll be hearing this from now on, as often as we hear 'Fake news!' His gaslit followers will no doubt fall in line.
For a third of the population, it just became fact.
Actually, Trump appears to be coming apart at the seams. I’m rooting for a stroke before November. See that mess on stage half locked up and drooling.
... You realize that Trump claiming AI fakery is the cue to DARVO while putting together an unmitigated torrent of AI fakery targeting Biden, ya?

I don't doubt it. Republicans are probably bored and need something new to play with. Democrats have a message: "Our democracy is at risk". Republican have no and need no message. They have leftover hats. They do have a strategy: How do we fuck up the Democrats message.

Back
Top Bottom