• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Biden or Trump too old?

To notify a split thread.
As I said, senile piece of shit was medicated.

Mr. Biden, 81, often raced through his remarks with the speed of an auctioneer,
Yep, as I noticed.

So, yes. there are psychiatrists who say that Biden is senile.
He speaks very rapidly to get the words out before his residual stutter “locks him up”.
It’s a shame, in that the appearance gives credence to shallow observations by shallow people.
It was a lose-lose situation for Biden. If he talked slowly and deliberately they would accuse him of being low energy and lacking passion. If he speaks forcefully and loudly he is accused of being unhinged.

It wouldn’t matter how he did; he was going to be panned by Trump and the right. Notice that no one seems to be arguing against what he said only how he said it. They truly have no non-despicable response to the content of the speech.

And even if we grant for the sake of argument that Biden is a senile old man who is a danger to this country should he stay in power, why would the Republicans put forth an even worse candidate? One who is just about as old, arguably more demented, and certainly more corrupt. Who will be campaigning from criminal court rooms? If they were serious about destroying senile unhinged Biden they would put forward a winning candidate, not a perennial loser.

why would the Republicans put forth an even worse candidate?
The people doing the putting forth are cowed by said candidate’s thugs to the point of fearing for the lives of themselves and their families. They don’t dare nominate anyone else, period.
At this point I think the smart people in the upper echelons of the GOP are sincerely hoping Trump loses, and will fade away, die or get locked up before he can go after them.

The people doing the putting forth are cowed by said candidate’s thugs to the point of fearing for the lives of themselves and their families. They don’t dare nominate anyone else, period.
Honestly, I think that the people who are putting Trump forward can afford private security and gated communities and such.

It's the little people, low information people, who are the thugs. Easily manipulated and willing to use violence to get what they are told to want.

It's a very Christian way for the elite to get the little people to do their bidding. It's centuries old.
Tom

Honestly, I think that the people who are putting Trump forward can afford private security and gated communities and such.
Nobody wants to live in jail, no matter how plush. Consider …
You can be out on your yacht, wondering if some interest might be blowing up your ship next moment. You could be out on a golf course, wondering if that sound is a drone. No matter the level of security, the guy with the SS detail and an army of thugs is gonna get you if you so much as step outside your bubble.
Now contrast that to how well you’ll sleep if the only people you piss off are law abiding suckers and loser Libs.

Yep, as I noticed.

He speaks very rapidly to get the words out before his residual stutter “locks him up”.
It’s a shame, in that the appearance gives credence to shallow observations by shallow people.
It was a lose-lose situation for Biden. If he talked slowly and deliberately they would accuse him of being low energy and lacking passion. If he speaks forcefully and loudly he is accused of being unhinged.

It wouldn’t matter how he did; he was going to be panned by Trump and the right. Notice that no one seems to be arguing against what he said only how he said it. They truly have no non-despicable response to the content of the speech.
Considering the source ( Washington Times ) and the fact that not all psychiatrists are competent, I'm calling bullshit on that one.

I suspect he's a Trump supporter or a doctor as competent as Ronnie Jackson MD.

Considering the source ( Washington Times ) and the fact that not all psychiatrists are competent, I'm calling bullshit on that one.

I suspect he's a Trump supporter or a doctor as competent as Ronnie Jackson MD.

Sexist. 😔

Too old or not, Biden won't sell out Eastern Europe to allow Russia to rebuild its empire.
It's a mistake trying to appeal to reich winger's sense of empathy or morality. You need to provide them a selfish reason, something like, "If Putin takes over Ukraine and controls its grain exports prices at the supermarket are going to skyrocket. Also, Putin could join up with Chyyyyna to coerce African nations into some pretty amicable trade deals making consumer products rise in price also."

Pointing out supporting Ukraine is the right thing to do will accomplish fuck all to anyone who has a collection of red baseball caps. You've gotta point out how it affects them personally as they are clearly the centre of the known universe.

Too old or not, Biden won't sell out Eastern Europe to allow Russia to rebuild its empire.
He (his handlers) just fired Nuland. So yeah, he is selling Ukraine at least. Not that Russia is interested in anything more.
Maybe Moldova for a change.

Yep, as I noticed.

They can't critique what they can't understand. He used a lot of polysyllabic words in that speech.

He used a lot of polysyllabic long words in that speech.
Edited for the edification helping of any right-wing lurkers. ;)
Ah well. As a contributor to my RMP page once aptly commented, "he talks like a scientist with huge words no one can understand". I would not be a good pundit.

Trump is now tweeting that the footage of him slurring words and making befuddled comments at rallies is AI fakery. I guess we'll be hearing this from now on, as often as we hear 'Fake news!' His gaslit followers will no doubt fall in line.

Trump is now tweeting that the footage of him slurring words and making befuddled comments at rallies is AI fakery. I guess we'll be hearing this from now on, as often as we hear 'Fake news!' His gaslit followers will no doubt fall in line.
For a third of the population, it just became fact.
Actually, Trump appears to be coming apart at the seams. I’m rooting for a stroke before November. See that mess on stage half locked up and drooling.

"I'm rooting for a stroke before November..."

Me too, but with our luck, he'll have his massive stroke on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, in the middle of his speech, and his running mate, some loon like Kristi Noem or Katie Britt, will jump to the mike to reassure the nation.
"Dear, fellow Americans...our President is overcome with emotion, but let me assure you, all of you watching...(heavy, seductive whisper) We...seeee you...We....heaaaar you....We....stand byyyyyy you.....and to all you embryos sitting in freezers in those (with a face)...clinics...your votes count, too!"

I'd love to see Trump debate Biden, but with a high school teacher as adjudicator. With infantile rules like everytime you interrupt or insult your opponent, your mike gets cut and your opponent gets five minutes of your time to say whatever they want.
I'd like to see an addition:

Debates are done under oath. As are all discussions in Congress. As are all press conferences.

Debates are done under oath.
Great, but unenforceable.
For one thing, proving the debator was lying about how big his -whatever- apartment, crowd, hands are rather than misinformed, and doing so in real time, is an impossible challenge.
For another, Trump don’t care about no stupid oath.
Unless you’re going to haul him off to the slammer in the next ten minutes, breaking an oath only means one thing:
grifting time!
Gotta litigate! Send today and get a cheesy nft.

Back
Top Bottom