• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breakdown In Civil Order

Meanwhile, property crimes were up by about 3% during the same period, driven by a rise in auto theft.
Chief Michel Moore ticked off the diminishing crime numbers, with major caveats for each category.
the number of people who were killed over the last 12 months was still higher than in 2019,
There were 127 fewer gunshot victims last year, but the total of 1,206 was still 260 more than in 2019.

There are lies, damned lies and then there are statistics.

Meanwhile in West Hollywood;

A wild attempted robbery in West Hollywood was caught on camera, and despite three attackers taking just one person, the victim was able to fight all three of them off. It happened Tuesday. Security footage showed a black Cadillac pulling over on Sunset Boulevard. Seconds later, three masked men jumped out. Another surveillance camera captured the attackers running up on Rocco DiStefano. One of the thieves had a gun. Security cameras kept rolling. They showed the thieves following DiStefano and his dog around that corner, before knocking him to the ground, punching him in the back of the head and kicking him, all with the gun pointed at him.

News

Tens of thousands still sleeping in tents on the sidewalk and shitting in the street, hundreds dead each year from fentanyl overdoses, smash and grab gangs terrorizing retailers.

Newsom 2024!

And in the latest, I'm Lucky to be Alive Series:
Meanwhile, property crimes were up by about 3% during the same period, driven by a rise in auto theft.
Chief Michel Moore ticked off the diminishing crime numbers, with major caveats for each category.
the number of people who were killed over the last 12 months was still higher than in 2019,
There were 127 fewer gunshot victims last year, but the total of 1,206 was still 260 more than in 2019.

Meanwhile in West Hollywood;

A wild attempted robbery in West Hollywood was caught on camera, and despite three attackers taking just one person, the victim was able to fight all three of them off. It happened Tuesday. Security footage showed a black Cadillac pulling over on Sunset Boulevard. Seconds later, three masked men jumped out. Another surveillance camera captured the attackers running up on Rocco DiStefano. One of the thieves had a gun. Security cameras kept rolling. They showed the thieves following DiStefano and his dog around that corner, before knocking him to the ground, punching him in the back of the head and kicking him, all with the gun pointed at him.

News

Tens of thousands still sleeping in tents on the sidewalk and shitting in the street, hundreds dead each year from fentanyl overdoses, smash and grab gangs terrorizing retailers.

Newsom 2024!

And the latest from the Packing it Up and Leaving this Hellhole California Series from Fox Business:

67% of California employers want to move their HQ out of Golden State, RedBalloon reports

Redballoon? What the hell is RedBalloon? I better Google it and find out.
"RedBalloon: America's #1 woke free..."
Oh fuck me.

Joe Biden, a great president or the greatest president?

The new fourth-quarter numbers showed a 13% decline in murder in 2023 from 2022, a 6% decline in reported violent crime and a 4% decline in reported property crime. That’s based on data from around 13,000 law enforcement agencies, policing about 82% of the U.S. population, that provided the FBI with data through December.

“It suggests that when we get the final data in October, we will have seen likely the largest one-year decline in murder that has ever been recorded,” said Jeff Asher, a former CIA analyst who now studies crime trends.

Are people here interested in winning points on rivals or in finding the truth?

What is it with fascists and the color red? Is it just the blood thing?
It not just fascists with the colour red
Communists too.

I think it that authoritarians in general like red.

Attachments

• vietnam flag.png
    vietnam flag.png
    539 bytes · Views: 0
  • ussr flag.png
    ussr flag.png
    675 bytes · Views: 0
  • chinese flag.png
    chinese flag.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
Are people here interested in winning points on rivals or in finding the truth?
Both. I'll admit take a bit of personal offense at these relentless attacks on my state, my social philosophy, most of my neighbors, and my work as an California educator, abolitionist, and prison reform advocate. So, I do not tire of pointing out when those attacks twist the truth or outright lie about the conditions in the state. But I do also favor the truth for its own sake, and would prefer it naturally whether or not I had skin in the game.

The new fourth-quarter numbers showed a 13% decline in murder in 2023 from 2022, a 6% decline in reported violent crime and a 4% decline in reported property crime. That’s based on data from around 13,000 law enforcement agencies, policing about 82% of the U.S. population, that provided the FBI with data through December.

“It suggests that when we get the final data in October, we will have seen likely the largest one-year decline in murder that has ever been recorded,” said Jeff Asher, a former CIA analyst who now studies crime trends.
Now if Trump were President, he'd be taking credit for this. I believe the numbers in NE Ohio have dropped substantially. This is a good thing.

I'd say it is more calming of the social issues caused by the pandemic. And it turned out the world wasn't burning (metaphorically, we'll see if the record smoke issues last year actually repeats with actual burning of forests). I know Seattle is having issues as they were seeing a legitimately notable increase in crime.

I'd say it is more calming of the social issues caused by the pandemic.
Indeed. The very same pandemic-related spike that various persons in this thread have been stridently trying to convince us was caused by Gavin Newsom somehow.
That muthafucka caused crime to increase in urban areas across the nation... and even in rural areas!

So the number of murders was the lowest since 2019. You seem to be the one taking privilege with statistics. No one claimed it was utopian out there, just that the murders have dropped, notably, and nationally.

article said:
Nationwide homicides have decreased by 13%, according to data released by the FBI Quarterly Crime Report, which exhibits a downward tick in violent crime across the U.S.

The data indicates a 6% decrease in violent crime overall in communities across the country in 2023, compared to 2022. Notably, cities with populations greater than 1 million saw an 11% drop in crime.

Across the geographic regions of the U.S., cities in the Northeast saw the greatest reduction in violent crime at an 8% decline in 2023. By comparison, cities in the Midwest saw a 7% drop in violent crime last year, with a 6% reduction in the West and a 5% dip in the South.
It'd be nice for it to continue dropping. But the people running around saying the sky is falling look silly at this point.

Now if Trump were President, he'd be taking credit for this. I believe the numbers in NE Ohio have dropped substantially. This is a good thing.

I'd say it is more calming of the social issues caused by the pandemic. And it turned out the world wasn't burning (metaphorically, we'll see if the record smoke issues last year actually repeats with actual burning of forests). I know Seattle is having issues as they were seeing a legitimately notable increase in crime.
It could also be that a lot of people have jobs now that they didn't have before.

It could also be that a lot of people have jobs now that they didn't have before.
Not having a job has little to do with it.

Pretty much murder amounts to:
Domestics
Gang war
Robbery gone bad

The first probably have a job but it has little bearing on the situation. The other two categories don't have jobs. (The down-on-their-luck person could be driven to property crime but rarely to robbery.)

Domestics
Would not having a job and being cramped for money be a cause for domestic disputes?

Gang war
Robbery gone bad
Having your own earned money reduces the need to resort to robbery.

The first probably have a job but it has little bearing on the situation. The other two categories don't have jobs. (The down-on-their-luck person could be driven to property crime but rarely to robbery.)
Where do you come up with this crap???

Just another day in the Windy City;

Five people were hospitalized after a shooting and rollover crash Saturday on the city's South Side. A vehicle occupied by four adults and a newborn baby was driving around 12:14 p.m. in the 7900 block of South Wood Street when an unknown man fired shots, Chicago police said.

ABC News

But violent crime is down significantly :rolleyes2:

Domestics
Would not having a job and being cramped for money be a cause for domestic disputes?
A small effect at most.
Gang war
Robbery gone bad
Having your own earned money reduces the need to resort to robbery.

Where do you come up with this crap???
Robberies net more but at a much higher risk. Druggies desperate for a fix? Yes. Someone without an expensive habit? Property crime is enough and much safer. There are a few high-skill robbers but they're rare.

Domestics
A small effect at most.
How do you know this?

Money Problems​

Disagreements about money are one of the most common marriage problems couples face. Almost a third of adults with partners in the United States reported money as a source of conflict in their relationships.2

The following may become money problems in a marriage:

• Disagreements over financial decisions (i.e., investments, household spending, etc.)
  • Having different beliefs about money (how much to spend vs. save)
  • Not talking about finances before getting married
  • One person in the marriage makes more money
  • One person in the marriage spends more money
Generally speaking, when couples engage in conflicts about money, their dispute is really symbolic of something different—such as power struggles, or different values and needs.
When one partner is extremely stressed about money, they may be less patient or more irritable; they may then pick fights with the other partner about unrelated things without even realizing it.

Domestics
A small effect at most.
How do you know this?

Money Problems​

Disagreements about money are one of the most common marriage problems couples face. Almost a third of adults with partners in the United States reported money as a source of conflict in their relationships.2

The following may become money problems in a marriage:

• Disagreements over financial decisions (i.e., investments, household spending, etc.)
  • Having different beliefs about money (how much to spend vs. save)
  • Not talking about finances before getting married
  • One person in the marriage makes more money
  • One person in the marriage spends more money
Generally speaking, when couples engage in conflicts about money, their dispute is really symbolic of something different—such as power struggles, or different values and needs.
When one partner is extremely stressed about money, they may be less patient or more irritable; they may then pick fights with the other partner about unrelated things without even realizing it.
You've got to be kidding. Are you seriously extrapolating "disagreements about money" to "murdered their spouse"? Are you fucking kidding? Somehow domestic abuse and intimate partner murder is about MONEY? Dude, what the actual fuck?

Back
Top Bottom