• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Moved Live Trump Trial Updates

To denote the thread has been moved
Judge gets the orange one on contempt for violating the gag order.

$9000.00 seems a bit cheap. He is probably spending north of that every hour on legal fees.
$9000? Trump will need to sell more shoes online.
Or Bibles.

I swear to Buddha, the hackiest political fiction writer couldn't come up with this shit.

Anyway, the judge also mentioned jailing him. I won't hold my breath, but at least that statement's been made to set the groundwork.

Yeah it looks like the judge is saying "if you do that again, I'm gonna put big baby in a time out." I hope he does, but I'm also not holding my breath.
Nobody puts baby in the corner!
You know what would be fun? If the judge says "look, I heard you say that you need to campaign, so here's what we're going to do. You will serve your time only on days when the court is in session. Each night will count towards your time (we're not even going to make you stay all day) but if you want you can go out and campaign all you want on weekends and Wednesdays. Bailiff?"

And you know what would be downright hilarious about that? They could have him come into court every morning wearing an orange jumpsuit, and lead him away at the end of the day. Just like any other defendant found in contempt.

Can humiliation be fatal?

I have been spending a little time looking at these Trump trials (I know, I know. I have too much spare time).

Would these trials and all this fuss be happening if Trump was not a serious contender for the presidency?
Yes. You are making the error of not remembering he had legal issues well before being in politics. He has had legal issues for decades.
Oh I have heard of Trump for decades and have heard of his many shady deals. He has always struck me as one I would be loathe to do business with.
The other issue is even believing for a moment Trump's shit on this being targeted unfairly. The Government bent over backwards on the classified documents case to get him to give them back the files. He lied his ass off and tried to hide them. He committed bank fraud with the Stormy Daniels case. Our banking regulations exist to prevent hiding stuff like that. And he also committed any number of crimes regarding the electoral college, including trying to get Georgia to be the first domino in their ploy to steal the election. These aren't partisan claims, we have him on a recording with the SoS of GA begging the guy to "find" votes.
A lot of president's seem to have found themselves caught up in activities that have either skirted that flexible line between legal or illegal or crossed over it.

Would these trials and all this fuss be happening if Trump was not a serious contender for the presidency?
No, they’d be over by now and Cheato would be serving 50 years to life.

And btw he is NOT a serious contender for the presidency. The only thing serious about that guy is his mental illness.
Then why is so much time & effort spent trying to 'stop' him? Surely it would be better to just ignore him. Bringing up all these legal trials now is not ignoring him.
“President” isn’t something he learned how to do, even after four years during which he only learned how to thwart justice.
Definitely a person who was not fit for the job.

And btw he is NOT a serious contender for the presidency. The only thing serious about that guy is his mental illness.
Then why is so much time & effort spent trying to 'stop' him? Surely it would be better to just ignore him. Bringing up all these legal trials now is not ignoring him.
it’s as if the trials aren’t about his running for President. 🤔

Now?

A lot of president's seem to have found themselves caught up in activities that have either skirted that flexible line between legal or illegal or crossed over it.
for example, retention of classified Information. But it’s only in Trump’s case that he refused to return it, lied about what he returned, tried to hide the documents, attempted to destroy evidence of having moved them, claimed they were his, and falsely claimed the law allowed him to have them.

Had he just complied with the initial request to return them there would be no case.

Proof: he is not charged with having the 100+ docs that he did give up, early in the game. The charges resulted from lies, stalling, and willful noncompliance with the remaining boxes.

Do you believe if we just ignore Trump then the multiple violations of State and Federal laws won't matter?

We're talking about fraud, extortion, unlawful retention of classified documents, election interference, and more. It's not like those Attorneys General are going after him for unpaid parking tickets.

Last edited:
Judge rules that Trump will not be held in contempt for retweeting what others post. So if a cult member calls for the assassination of the judge, F-head can retweet with no consequences? Judge called it a common sense ruling, because he had no precedent available. Makes no sense to me.

The other issue is even believing for a moment Trump's shit on this being targeted unfairly. The Government bent over backwards on the classified documents case to get him to give them back the files. He lied his ass off and tried to hide them. He committed bank fraud with the Stormy Daniels case. Our banking regulations exist to prevent hiding stuff like that. And he also committed any number of crimes regarding the electoral college, including trying to get Georgia to be the first domino in their ploy to steal the election. These aren't partisan claims, we have him on a recording with the SoS of GA begging the guy to "find" votes.
I won't disagree with that. But this is a False Equivalence issue you are having here. You'd need to go back to Nixon regarding obstruction issues. The election meddling was unprecedented. Not some small time 'skirting' the law issue. And his handling of classified documents was unprecedented as well. Not that he had them, but he tried to keep them.

The Stormy Daniels issue (bank fraud) is the one of least consequence. It was also the "easiest" to get to trial because the events occurred before he was President, so immunity and access to documentation wasn't as easy to drag along. But Trump did drag it. Trump has been afforded extraordinary legal reviews and just about nothing is getting flagged by the courts. Even in the SCOTUS immunity case, the alt-right Justices didn't want to touch Trump's actions with an 100 meter pole.

Visitor from another galaxy:
Excuse please. Human who in past years was given responsibility to enforce all society's law, now is on trial and cannot obey simple order from your court? Significance, please? Also, this human is now possible next leader of society? Significance? We conclude not to visit you in corporeal form, too dangerous, and will also not open concession of cosmic energy devices. May return when referenced human has no heartbeat, perhaps not. Farewell.

Do you believe if we just ignore Trump then the multiple violations of State and Federal laws won't matter?
Of course they matter. But you are given him lots of free kicks and publicity right at the moment you do not want him to have it. Trump is a living version of the dictum - any publicity is good publicity
We're talking about fraud, extortion, unlawful retention of classified documents, election interference, and more. It's not like those Attorneys General are going after him for unpaid parking tickets.
Yes indeed

Then why is so much time & effort spent trying to 'stop' him?
Same reason they spent decades and millions trying to stop Al Capone.
He is a career criminal. That’s what law enforcement is for.
Capone wasn't trying to be president
He was a celebrity.
Trump isn’t trying to be President either, he’s just trying to save his own sorry ass because his life of crime has caught up to him. If elected, he will certainly NEVER let another election occur in his lifetime. It’s not even a secret- it’s a publicly announced plan.

I think that Trump does want to be President for other reasons--to be able to "own" the government again and to get back at all of the people who have rejected and disrespected him. He is planning a bloodbath, although, like most of his plans, it will likely just go awry and cause chaos.

Yeah, nothing like uniting the nation by sending the army into Democrat-led cities, turning NATO into pay-to-play, rounding up eleven million people and deporting them, setting up new prison camps for Spanish-speaking toddlers, letting red states monitor pregnancies with arrest warrants in hand, stomping down on non-violent protests....Stand back and stand by, Proud Boys. Your boss may need you.

Back
Top Bottom