• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Profound Thoughts

After watching a lot of television in the seventies, I figured by now I would have encountered quicksand a lot more than I have.

After watching a lot of television in the seventies, I figured by now I would have encountered quicksand a lot more than I have.
I spent a lot of my childhood wondering about what to do if I was on fire near quicksand. Should I still stop, drop and roll? Run a little ways away before stopping dropping and rolling? Will quicksand put out the fire if I can find the edge of the quicksand where it’s not deep enough to suck me in? I still don’t have answers.

You can shake it,
You can squeeze it,
You can beat it against the wall,
But when you put it in your pants,
The last drop will fall.

If you found the perfect place to hide you haven’t found the perfect place to hide.

Who decided on the size of a single piece of toilet paper? And why weren't they fired? And why hasn't it changed?

And who decided that four ounces is a "serving" of ice cream?

Speaking of holes: How many holes does a straw have? One or two?
One. It is a torus.
Topologically speaking of course.
/pedant
Only if it's born between late April and early May.
Astrologically speaking of course*.

*Which as any Taurus can tell you, is a load of bull.

Behind every angry woman, stands a man who has absolutely no idea what he did wrong!

tomorrow today will be yesterday, but baloney will past its shelf life, and that ain't no bull

"Water never complains, but always pushes back. Always.

Drop a boulder in front of a stream and the water will simply flow around it, taking whatever opening the landscape will give or—when nothing is offered—patiently building up its resources until it rises to a height where a new gap is found.

Flow like water. Never complain, but always push back."

--James Clear, author of Atomic Habits

Back
Top Bottom