• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Von Clownstick plead not guilty. No surprise, his varlet,,errr, valet also plead not guilty. Crowds did not riot or attack police etc. Mindful of those January 6 rioters getting prison sentences I would expect. Lots of stupid costumes, as usual. Apparently the massive crowds Trump's cheer leaders wanted did not materialize. I was hoping for torrential rains and was very disappointed with sunny weather in Miami today. Now off to Bedminister.

If a Republican is elected who isn't Trump, they will likely pardon him. But, he still hasn't been indicted in Georgia. That crime is a state crime and the president can't pardon state crimes. Plus, Georgia doesn't allow our governor pardoning powers, based on what I've read. Come on Fanni Willis. Do your thing!
Messed up she needs to "do her thing". It should be as simple as:

Willis: *to jury* You remember the 2020 election.
*plays phone call*
Yeah, I just need enough votes *to overturn Georgia*.
Jury: WTF?! Guilty.

But no, lawyers.
Trump: I was totally not trying to overturn the election.
Wiilis: Why did you call him?
Trump: I care that much about fair elections.
Willis: Didn't you try to overthrow the election on January 6th?
Trump: If I was going to overthrow an election, the 2020 one wouldn't have been my first choice.
Jury: *hung*

Apparently, lawyers Trusty, Rowley, and Parlatore quit Trump's legal team because of infighting with longtime Trump lawyer Boris Epshteyn. Epshteyn apparently made it more difficult by constantly assuring Trump that he could beat the charges and should behave take an aggressive posture against the government prosecutors. So that made it difficult for other lawyers to deal with prosecutors. Epshteyn apparently has a reputation for always telling Trump things he likes to hear. Trump even once joked that Epshteyn would be telling him things were great as they dragged him away in handcuffs.

Two Trump Lawyers Quit a Day After His Indictment

Former Trump attorney says he left legal team because of infighting

Epshteyn is a Russian-American who left Russia in 1993 and became a lawyer and investment banker in the US. A longtime associate of Trump, he has retained close ties to Russia. He was active in Trump's presidential campaigns, so he is probably always going to be preferred over lawyers with more experience that Trump just doesn't know very well.

To be honest, if he just agreed never to run for president or any public office again and to and stay out of the public limelight, I'd be satisfied with that. Having him for president again would be very harmful for the US and the world. Of course, having someone like DeSantis would probably be just as bad. So, there is no easy solution for our problem. The way that the Republicans are demonizing Biden is worrisome. There are too many ignorant Fox News cultists in the country who believe the lies about Biden.
Him agreeing to something doesn't mean it would actually happen.

To be honest, if he just agreed never to run for president or any public office again and to and stay out of the public limelight, I'd be satisfied with that. Having him for president again would be very harmful for the US and the world. Of course, having someone like DeSantis would probably be just as bad. So, there is no easy solution for our problem. The way that the Republicans are demonizing Biden is worrisome. There are too many ignorant Fox News cultists in the country who believe the lies about Biden.
Yeah, the idea that Trump would be both willing and able to stay out of the public limelight, is as absurd as expecting him to fly across the Atlantic without an aircraft.

He could agree to do either; But as he couldn't possibly comply with that agreement, getting him to do so would be an exercise in futility.

So, could he afford to post bail? ;)
Any other defendant facing similar charges would likely have been remanded in custody, or had bail set at a very high level indeed.

Apparently, in this case the prosecution doesn't believe that Trump is a flight risk, because of his Secret Service detail - if he were to attempt to flee the country, they would apparently be expected to restrain him from so doing.

This strikes me as rather strange; He's surrounded by armed guards who are sworn to defend his life with their own, if necessary; But who are also expected to prevent him from escaping justice. So is he under their protection, or their control? Or both?

If he did instruct the pilot of his private plane to fly to Moscow, what would the Secret Service agents on board do?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?*

*Quiche custard is trademarked emergency custard**

**Translation provided by the "If only it were English" translation service.

Felonius Martyr, the poor little rich manboy. Playing the martyr role and engaging in a gigantic emotional kumbaya with the suck-ups. It's a gigantic cry-fest. I watched a Bolton interview where Bolton is surprised that other repugnican presidential hopefuls aren't criticizing manboy for his lawless behavior. What Bolton doesn't seem to realize is that if they criticize manboy they piss off and alienate manboy's magatard following. That means you don't get votes. I'd be enjoying the train wreck more if it wasn't so real.

Trump won't flee. If he did so to avoid say, a sentencing, where would he go? Scotland? England. He would be extradited. Russia. Monster Island? He would have bank accounts frozen, and would lose his entire real estate holdings. Nah! Trump cannot run and hide somewhere. If he did, that would be the end for Trump. Maybe they didn't confiscate his passport hoping that he might do something that stupid. It would save everybody a lot of trouble if he self destructed that way.

Yeah, the idea that Trump would be both willing and able to stay out of the public limelight, is as absurd as expecting him to fly across the Atlantic without an aircraft.

He could agree to do either; But as he couldn't possibly comply with that agreement, getting him to do so would be an exercise in futility.
I agree and considering his mental illness, I don't even think it's possible for him to do that, even if he said he would agree to it. It was just wishful thinking on my part when I posted that. It's sickening to see so many powerful people in the US defending this insane monster. I do have compassion for the mentally ill, but my most severely mentally ill patients were in a facility where their delusions were harmless and it was easy to humor them to keep them content. Besides, Trump has caused a good percentage of the country to be delusional too. I guess it's contagious in some cases.

Sometimes Trump reminds me of a former patient of mine who literally believed she was a queen. The queen was in her late 70s but believed she was in her 30s. Does anyone else remember the time that Trump said that when he looked in the mirror, he saw the face of a 35 year old man. Not his exact works, but something like that. When I heard him say that, I thought of the queen and as long as we addressed her as Queen, she was content. If we called her by her given name, she went into a rage and/or would say, "I hate you"! Anyone who has cared for mentally ill delusional people knows that Trump is one of them. But, I digress. It still shocks me at times that this man was our president, and might be again. :eek:

At least Israel and Italy have fractured parliament government structures that allow criminals to regain power. The US, it appears that it is all about judges these days. And that justifies voting for a criminal sociopath business failure who has no empathetic bone in his body. At least W gave a fuck. I mean, he did so very poorly, but there was empathy.

At least Israel and Italy have fractured parliament government structures that allow criminals to regain power. The US, it appears that it is all about judges these days. And that justifies voting for a criminal sociopath business failure who has no empathetic bone in his body. At least W gave a fuck. I mean, he did so very poorly, but there was empathy.
W had empathy?? Where did he keep it, with Iraq’s WMDs?

Reactions: jab
W had empathy?? Where did he keep it, with Iraq’s WMDs?
A little, not much, not displayed well, but there was something. Cheney and Rumsfeld? They made the pre-epiphany Grinch look like Richard Simons.

Maybe they didn't confiscate his passport hoping that he might do something that stupid. It would save everybody a lot of trouble if he self destructed that way.

Ha ha ha!
Totally this^^^^

Trump is no flight risk because he couldn't live without his MAGA fans. Personally, I'd love it he fled the country!
Tom

Maybe they didn't confiscate his passport hoping that he might do something that stupid. It would save everybody a lot of trouble if he self destructed that way.

Ha ha ha!
Totally this^^^^

Trump is no flight risk because he couldn't live without his MAGA fans. Personally, I'd love it he fled the country!
Tom
John Kelly, his former Chief of Staff and one of Trump's "very best people" from the early days of his administration told the Washington Post that his former boss is "scared shitless."

“This is the way he compensates for that. He gives people the appearance he doesn’t care by doing this. For the first time in his life, it looks like he’s being held accountable. Up until this point in his life, it’s like, I’m not going to pay you, take me to court. He’s never been held accountable before.”

I mean yeah...thanks Captain Obvious. Or is it General Obvious? Anyway, at this point I'm wondering when Fragilego Mussolini is going to break. Everyone has their breaking point. I don't mean an epiphany where he finally realizes what he's done...that's just about impossible to imagine...but what he's going to do when he finally realizes that this is something he can't bullshit or bluster his way out of. By all accounts, he looked pretty subdued at his arraignment. I'm just hoping that he's on camera when he finally breaks down into a sobbing mess.

John Kelly, his former Chief of Staff and one of Trump's "very best people" from the early days of his administration told the Washington Post that his former boss is "scared shitless."
If the tales are true, this could be the first time he is anything shitless.

I would say the latter is easier than the former.

SpaceX. Put him in a straitjacket and send him up in a Dragon. I'm not finding landing accuracy but it seems to be fairly small and actually constrained by the fact the trunk is uncontrolled and could smack somebody on the head even when the Dragon itself came down in the target area. That could be solved by putting some charges in the trunk that would blow it apart once it was in the fire. It should be possible to drop him in near England or even in the Med. (Albeit pissing off a lot of mariners due to the exclusion zone.)

A federal judge on Tuesday granted a motion by E. Jean Carroll to file an amended defamation suit against former President Donald Trump seeking at least $10 million, based in part on recent comments Trump made on CNN.

Carroll made the motion for an amended complaint after Trump called her a "whack job" at a CNN town hall in May — the day after she won a $5 million judgment against him in a different civil case that alleged sexual abuse and defamation.

At the CNN event, Trump said, “I never met this woman. I never saw this woman,” and he called her claims “fake” and “made up," her lawyers said in seeking the amended complaint.

U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan granted the motion Tuesday, the same day Trump was arrested and pleaded not guilty in Florida to federal charges regarding classified documents.

“We look forward to moving ahead expeditiously on E. Jean Carroll’s remaining claims,” said Carroll's attorney Roberta Kaplan, who is no relation to the judge.

Meanwhile, rumors are that Trump will be indicted in Georgia early or mid August. Looks like the Justice Train is coming around the bend!

Back
Top Bottom