• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

As we speak, some friends of mine are getting savagely beaten by park police in the Capitol, and their horses abused. Why?
I have not seen anything about it on the news. Do you have a link? And why have they taken horses into the Capitol?
Because they showed up to observe Indigenous People's Day.
You mean Columbus Day? You know, the day celebrated by going to the grocery store and getting lost looking for the spice aisle because the store is bigger than we expected ...
A holiday our government supposedly acknowledges now.
The government recognizes many holidays. Doesn't mean I can ride into the Capitol on some reindeer on Christmas or riding an ass and a colt, the foal of an ass, the Sunday before Easter and not face consequences.
Besides, Amerindians culturally appropriated horse riding from the Spaniards. There were no horses in the Americas after the Ice Age and before the Europeans brought them again.
Of course, they are allegedly blocking a thoroughfare, which as you know is a capital crime in the Capitol, so everyone is fine with the violence.
Yes, people should not block thoroughfares, be they right or left; white, black or Siberian-Americans. And if they refuse to disperse when so ordered, they can be removed forcefully.
You block a street, you get beaten, right? Even if you're a fucking horse.
237605-mongo.gif

But again, was any of this reported anywhere?
The officers who are beating these brave women and their animals do not, in theory, work for Trump. They work for Debra Haaland, herself Native, and she works for us the people under the supervision of Joe Biden. Yet here we all are.
Are you saying that because Debra Haaland is "Native", she should look the other way when people who belong to her ethnic group break the law? Besides, are you even sure that the Capitol Police is under the jurisdiction of the Department of the Interior?
Yes, we all need to vote, and for the Democrats. But the Democrats have no power to save us from ourselves if we sit on our laurels while Trump and his people seize estate after estate within our government through no democratic process of any kind. The insurrectionists are happy to take an electoral victory when that is a possibility, but they do not give up just because they've lost an election.
What "estates" did Trump seize? Are you suggesting he somehow controls the Capitol Police through unknown means?

Last edited:
I have not seen anything about it on the news. Do you have a link? And why have they taken horses into the Capitol?
I do not, and it's unlikely that this will be widely reported on, being fairly business-as-normal for DC. No commonly recognized rights were violated, what the police did was legal and unremarkable. You can read about the campaign itself here, if you like.

Besides, are you even sure that the Capitol Police is under the jurisdiction of the Department of the Interior?
No, but these guys are: https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/index.htm

What "estates" did Trump seize?
Figure of speech. The domains and prerogatives of government.

Prison labor wages in the United States are typically low, and vary significantly by state:
Right. I don't object to prisoners being paid more. Not as much as they would earn outside because of expensive room and board, but certainly much more than now.

That said, I think calling prison labor "slavery" as Politesse is doing, or saying that prisoners should not be expected to contribute to the kitchens, libraries and other facilities they are using goes way too far.
But it is slavery: they have no choice, cannot leave or quit. They get paid a pittance as did some enslaved people prior to 1865, along with room and board.

Baier: Do you still advocate for tax payer funded gender surgery for prisoners
Harris: TRUMP!!! TRUMP!! TRUMP!!!

:hysterical:
So you missed the part where the same thing was going on under Trump?

What is it you say people do who complain about something but do nothing about?

Would that be virtue signalling?

Data analysis suggests that a single entity may be behind a massive $26 million bet on Donald Trump winning the election on the Polymarket platform.

What Happened: According to a detailed thread by X user Fozzy Diablo on Wednesday, four accounts – Fredi9999, PrincessCaro, Michie, and Theo4 – have been observed making substantial bets on Trump-related outcomes.

The betting patterns of these accounts show striking similarities, with one account typically taking over when another stops, suggesting coordinated activity.

Fozzy Diablo notes, “There is very little overlap within each account, suggesting they are all the same entity.”

The deposit patterns for these accounts are remarkably similar, further supporting this theory. Fozzy Diablo reports, “All flow comes from Kraken in the form of $500,000 or $1 million deposits.”

The motivation behind this substantial investment remains unclear. Fozzy Diablo speculates, “Is the end goal a simple double up? Or is $26 million a cheap way to sway the public opinion in favor of Trump weeks before the election?”

Back
Top Bottom