• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The vanguard of the Caravan is already in Mexico City, more than halfway to the border

I haven't heard that the NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! was declared over... can't let this thread fall to far down the board!

240632_image.jpg

What an idiotic cartoon. First, it's not "bigotry" to oppose unrestricted mass migration and open borders. Second, it was not 6 year old girls who pelted Mexican border guards with rocks when they were told to wait, but rather young adults. And tanks are not being deployed to the border anyway, although maybe US should buy some of those Israeli tear gas drones ...

That's a great political cartoon that captures the essence of what is happening.

The most powerful nation to ever exist has a president that is a disturbed bigoted ignorant fear monger.

What exactly would happen if this tiny band of unarmed homeless and hungry migrants just walked right into the US?

We could not absorb them?

The fear displayed by the tough-guy conservatives would be laughable, except that people will probably die as a result of this fear-mongering.

Here's the full extent of the incident in Mexico that has deplorables batshit terrified:

Migrants threw rocks and used sticks against the police after they toppled the metal barricade. Police responded with the use of tear gas which was effective in dispersing the migrants.

Literally, sticks and stones. Tear gas was all it took. And we still don't know what started the incident or how many people were involved. Just "a group" (leaving one of them dead, no less, from a rubber bullet that inexplicably was supposedly not carried by any Mexican soldiers).

Only then did Interior Secretary Alfonso Navarrete Prida hold a press conference where he swears none of the police had guns, let along rubber bullets, but the migrants had guns (no mention as to why they would also have rubber bullets) and not just guns, no no, but molotov cocktails!

Which begs the question, why then if they had guns and molotov cocktails at their disposal, they only used sticks and stones and were so easily dissipated with tear gas?

Oh well, it's utterly unimportant since Trump lost everything in the midterms and now doesn't give a shit about the scare-a-van.

Gosh, notice how this caravan stopped being a threat and everyone stopped talking about it the moment the election was over?

For the benefit of non-Americans: immigration is a constant topic of discussion among white supremacists, because most of their plans for starting ethnic cleansing start with tinkering with the implementation of immigration laws.

Thus, if Republican politicians want to signal to white supremacists that they are with them and will implement the policies that they want, they just have to make heated, divisive arguments about immigration. The white supremacists all know what it means, and the 3 remaining Republicans who are not white supremacists will be clueless about the whole thing and can go back to knitting Jesus sweaters safely convinced that they are definitely not racist no matter what the mean libtards say.

That's why the issue was entirely dropped after the election. Now that the white supremacists already voted, there's no reason to stoke fears about the caravan anymore, and thus none of the Republicans on TV are talking about this "issue" any longer.

That is the entirety of Republican politics.

Fear issues.

One after another.

They know that many voters are just buttons.

Make them afraid, talk about Jesus, and they will vote for you.

FOX "News" is the fear channel. One fear story after another.

In a civilized society if a politician started talking about religion the crowd would boo and throw them off the platform.

Gosh, notice how this caravan stopped being a threat and everyone stopped talking about it the moment the election was over?...

Yes, but we're still committed to waste millions of dollars deploying troops down there not to mention adding to their family separation. Putting troops on border for months doesn't count as part of their overseas deployment cycle.

What an idiotic cartoon. First, it's not "bigotry" to oppose unrestricted mass migration and open borders.

Then relax. Nobody is advocating for that.

Second, it was not 6 year old girls who pelted Mexican border guards with rocks when they were told to wait, but rather young adults.

Are you saying six year old girls can't throw rocks???? Sexist! And when does a very young adult become a young adult whom it is okay to shoot?

And tanks are not being deployed to the border anyway...

Why bother with tanks when you have a
SPACE FORCE!!!

This criminal circus they're calling an administration couldn't waste more money if it tried.

I live up on Lake Erie. Can someone find out if they are putting up barriers in states like Oklahoma and Tennessee, in case some of the Caravan people elude the army and keep moving north? And Kentucky, West Virginia, are you awake? Put up those barriers. If they get close to my town, I can always get on the ferry to Canada, but WAIT -- that ferry boat doesn't operate this late in the year. I am trapped, TRAPPED. What does President Trump advise a citizen like me to do? I will follow any sensible advice.

I live up on Lake Erie. Can someone find out if they are putting up barriers in states like Oklahoma and Tennessee, in case some of the Caravan people elude the army and keep moving north? And Kentucky, West Virginia, are you awake? Put up those barriers. If they get close to my town, I can always get on the ferry to Canada, but WAIT -- that ferry boat doesn't operate this late in the year. I am trapped, TRAPPED. What does President Trump advise a citizen like me to do? I will follow any sensible advice.

I sincerely hope you aren't counting on the Canadian Navy to save you. :D

Ca Navy.jpg

Canned goods and live rounds ... be prepared for this fierce siege to fall upon us.

I sincerely hope you aren't counting on the Canadian Navy to save you. :D

View attachment 18789

They've got boats?

Funny, I thought the Canadian Navy looked like this:

106.jpg

:tomato:

I thought the Canadian Navy looked like this:

View attachment 18799

:tomato:

A common misconception. In fact, the Canadian Navy has had considerable upgrades in the last few years since the shot below. But it's still not equipped to deal with anything like the pending mass invasion!

can navy.jpg

Reactions: WAB
Apparently the Caravan has not been forgotten. If Trump has forgotten it, his defense secretary and all the troops he placed have not. If the media has gotten bored with the issue, it may make it easier for them to get away with whatever atrocities they are planning to commit.

Apparently the Caravan has not been forgotten. If Trump has forgotten it, his defense secretary and all the troops he placed have not. If the media has gotten bored with the issue, it may make it easier for them to get away with whatever atrocities they are planning to commit.

Yeah, all those awful terrorist activities like becoming dishwashers, cooks, housekeepers, laundry personnel, factory workers, drivers, construction workers, maintenance workers, mechanics (jobs which many white people feel are beneath them), working their asses off, feeding their families, and sending money back home. Those evil bastards! :mad:

It may not have been forgotten but it certainly is confused.

The caravan plans to go to San Diego to cross the border and surrender to border officials there. Trump sent the troops to the whole other side of the country where the Rio Grande meets the Gulf of Mexico.

The caravan plans to go to San Diego to cross the border and surrender to border officials there. Trump sent the troops to the whole other side of the country where the Rio Grande meets the Gulf of Mexico.

There's nothing confused about that; The purpose of the deployment is to garner votes, and needs to be concentrated in states like Texas, where the House and Senate seats are more marginal, rather than in states like California, where a few extra GOP votes won't likely change many results.

It only looks confused if you are dumb enough to think that the deployment is about preventing immigrants from entering the USA, rather than its actual purpose of gaining votes in marginal election races.

Well, that's where the cameras are, hell-O.

There's nothing confused about that; The purpose of the deployment is to garner votes, and needs to be concentrated in states like Texas, where the House and Senate seats are more marginal, rather than in states like California, where a few extra GOP votes won't likely change many results.

It only looks confused if you are dumb enough to think that the deployment is about preventing immigrants from entering the USA, rather than its actual purpose of gaining votes in marginal election races.

Well, Texas isn't really marginal either. You're right that this is a political ploy, but not to sway votes in Texas or California. Us border states understand we have to live with the reality on the ground. The votes this was meant to sway are is states far away from the border and the problem.

Well, Texas isn't really marginal either.
It is now:

Ted Cruz - 4,244,204
Beto O'Rourke - 4,024,777

That's only a 2.64% majority.
You're right that this is a political ploy, but not to sway votes in Texas or California. Us border states understand we have to live with the reality on the ground. The votes this was meant to sway are is states far away from the border and the problem.

For sure. And as you mention above, that's why the deployment is where the news media are most likely to cover it.

Back
Top Bottom