• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

So, I got out of the Navy 15 years ago and stopped shaving. I trim the beard, but i've had a thick layer of fur since i got out. On the chin, anyway.

So for tomorrow's Halloween Costume Contest, i figured i'd shave the beard off because none of my coworkers have ever seen me clean shaven. And i get two uses out of it.
1) It's my 'way to look very different' costume
2) It'll explain why i don't shave my beard. Without a beard, i look lots and lots younger.

I shaved and went to show the wife. She laughed. I expected that.
She laughed a lot. I hadn't quite expected that.
She finally forced out a request that i not divorce her for what she said next. I promised.

She said that without the beard, i look like my sister.

I can't divorce her, now, what with the promise. But i see no reason to talk to her again until it grows back in....

A female guildmate from a game just said:

If a bigger car implies a smaller penis, and larger shoes imply a larger penis, then clowns must have massive dicks.

Well there you go, ladies. Time to start dating clowns. ;)

If a bigger car implies a smaller penis, and larger shoes imply a larger penis, then clowns must have massive dicks.

<Points to my 13EEEE shoes>

Sorry, ladies, I'm taken.

Somehow that makes clowns even more creepy and unattractive. :sick001:

Wow...sounds like there's some serious sexism going on in the gaming world. Someone should do something about this. Like make Youtube videos, er something.

http://www.earthporm.com/butt-lamp/

This Butt Lamp Turns On Whenever You Slap It
slap-it-butt-lamp-3.jpg

Years back, i was stationed on a tender that, among other things, loaded missiles onto submarines.

One day when we briefed the operation, they told us that the submarine we were working with was in the middle of a formal inspection. So if they were a little anxious or overly cautious about things, we were to be polite and understanding. We nodded and dispersed to our tasks.

The man in charge of the operation topside was a Boatswain Seaman rather than a Missile Technician, or a petty officer, but he was fully qualified for the task. Part of his job involved directing the crane operator, so he needed his hands free. To facilitate communications, they taped the button down on his sound powered phones so he was always transmitting. So we could hear everything that happened topside that day.

The security guards allowed one of the inspectors into the area. This was a full-bird Captain. He was an O6, so he outranked the Bosun by about sixteen levels of rank. And he had the wrong shoes on. And no hard-hat.

Rivera politely pointed this out. "Excuse me, sir, you need a hard hat and safety shoes to be in the handling area."
"That's okay," Captain Inspector replied. Everyone listening on the phones started to smile in anticipation. Many people seem to think that their rank provides privileges that it really doesn't.
"No, sir, it's not okay," the still-respectful Rivera insisted. "The rules are clear, everyone in the area needs hard-hat and safety shoes."
"How about," Captain offered, "you just do your job and I'll do mine?"
"That's fine, sir, but part of my job includes making sure the area is safe. I'm not bringing the missile over until you either leave the area or comply with the safety instructions."
"Maybe you need to be relieved," Captain threatened. We all started to laugh. Rivera didn't take being threatened very well, especially for actually doing his job.
"Maybe you need to pull your head out of your ass," Rivera said, still in a respectful TONE. This would be the point where our leading petty officer threw off his headphones and started running.
About then the submarine's CO ran up to the boundary of the area (I assume the crew's phone talker in the area had asked for help right away.). "It's OKAY!" the CO, a Commander, shouted. "I authorize him to be in the area without-"
Rivera turned on him and screamed, "WRONG, Dickhead! You can't authorize this motherfucker to be here without the right safety equipment. It's a Nuclear Weapons Manual Rule and you don't outrank the Admiral who signed that book!"
The Captain said, "Now, listen Petty Officer-"
Rivera rounded on him and correct his assumption. "Bosun Seaman, Asshole!"
There was some scuffling sounds and then we heard the LPO's voice over the phones. "Rivera, you're relieved."
"But this idiot-"
"Fine, fine, you're relieved. Go man the magazine." Rivera handed over the phones and stomped off. LPO donned the phones and announced a change to the watchbill.
Then the Captain cleared his throat. "So, that's cleared up?"
"Yes, sir. He won't trouble you again."
"Good."
"Of course," LPO continued, "we do need you to put on proper safety gear in accordance with the instructions or we can't bring the missile over."

I was down in the magazine when Rivera arrived. We tried to tell him that while his heart was in the right place, he HAD fucked up when he called a full bird captain a dickhead and-
"No, no, NO!" he shouted. "I called the COMMANDER a dickhead and the CAPTAIN a motherfucker. Get it right, goddamn it!"
"Ah. Well, that's fine, then. I was confused."

The rumor goes that the sub CO called our weapons officer and asked if Rivera was going to be written up. Weps asked if the Captain was going to be written up. The CO hung up.

I've been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 lately, and I just came across this little gem in game:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crusader_Heavyblade

This entire game was worth it just to hear the phrase "golem-launching cannons."

- - - Updated - - -

That's supposed to be funny because priests are morally superior, and thus would never sleep with another man's wife.

Or at least, that's the assumption that is supposed to make it funny. In this day and age, we would be more worried about the priest raping the little boy.

That's supposed to be funny because priests are morally superior, and thus would never sleep with another man's wife.
No, humor is in the speed bump. Whether or not the idea of a woman's lover being a priest shocks or amuses, the fact that the kid doesn't know that his father has coincidentally chosen the adulterer to urge a confession, which is revealed in the response to 'It's dark in here.' is the source of the humor. BAM! suddenly the lover is a priest, and suddenly the confessor has a reason not to force the boy to confess. Dad's in for disappointment either way.

Which then leads to wondering, 'Where does a priest get 1000 dollars?'

Someone invented the Hyperlip.

hyperlip.jpg

I found it featured on The Worst Things For Sale On The Internet

But i disagree with the author of Worst.

If my family was younger and still made trips to theme parks, this would be THE accessory. SO when the take that picture of everyone on the roller coaster, we could make it look like we're just about to break the sound barrier.

Especially if we can get our photos taken on the other rides. The water flume, the tilt-a-whirl, in line for snow cones, the parking lot tram...
Unfortunately, my kids are too old to put things in their mouth just because daddy thinks it'd be funny.

Back
Top Bottom