• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

A new sandwich, my Mexican Hot Dog Sandwich.

A sliced hot dog sandwich with guacamole and chunky salsa.

It helped me cope with the startt of the Seattle cold, dark, rainy season.

Nutritional yeast flakes. Why didn't anyone tell me about nooch? (That's what the crunchies call it.) I've heard it mentioned many times but I thought it was just a health supplement, like bee pollen or whatever. I had no idea how DELICIOUS this shit is! So, so good. I really love it in salad. It's a buttery umami flavor. Some people compare it to parmesan cheese. I think it's way better than parmesan.

I'm going to be making some "cheese" out of nutritional yeast flakes to put on some spiral pasta sometime in the next few days.

Speaking of cheese.

I was making a grilled cheese sandwich and some of the cheese leaked out frying crispy.

Are there recopies for fried cheese? It ws actually tasty.

I'm going to be making some "cheese" out of nutritional yeast flakes to put on some spiral pasta sometime in the next few days.

I almost forgot to post this. The "cheese" was awful! Just sickeningly bad. :rofl: A waste of a good sweet potato and box of whole wheat rotini, which is really hard to find. I've been eating mostly whole wheat penne since the pandemic started. But, yeah, don't try the sweet potato nooch "cheese."

I made Bionicos as a side dish for breakfast this morning. That's a kind of Mexican street food - coarsely chopped mixed fruit, like a fruit salad, topped with coconut flakes and with a sweet cream sauce as dressing. We have enough left over for side dishes for several more meals. Bionico translates literally as "bionic." Why a Mexican street food would be called "bionic" is a mystery to me. Maybe it's supposed to make you strong.

I almost forgot to post this. The "cheese" was awful! Just sickeningly bad. :rofl: A waste of a good sweet potato and box of whole wheat rotini, which is really hard to find. I've been eating mostly whole wheat penne since the pandemic started. But, yeah, don't try the sweet potato nooch "cheese."

My ears pricked up when I read the first post about this. You wouldn't believe how much I miss cheese. Went and checked availability. Came back, read this, got all disappointed. Would you get a cheesy flavour just sprinkling the powder directly on something?

Hah! :D You got it!

Came here originally to say asparagus and turmeric are not the perfect combination. Learn from my mistake.

My ears pricked up when I read the first post about this. You wouldn't believe how much I miss cheese. Went and checked availability. Came back, read this, got all disappointed. Would you get a cheesy flavour just sprinkling the powder directly on something?

There's other non-cheese cheese recipes out there, but this is the only one I've tried. I'll probably try some others. If so, I'll let you know.

And yes, nooch will add a cheesy flavor to almost anything. It's weird how it can be amazing on one thing and ruin other things. But yeah, it's similar to parmesan, so maybe buy a small thing of nooch and try it on different things.

I like it best on salads with ranch dressing. Just amazing! It's also good on stuff with tomato sauce in it, like my one pot chicken penne.

A lot of things it doesn't seem to affect at all unless you put tons. The fake cheese sauce is the only thing I've done with it so far that I can say it was horrible.

OOOOOH nice!
Hah! :D You got it!

Came here originally to say asparagus and turmeric are not the perfect combination. Learn from my mistake.

Duly noted!

It works!

chicken, chorizo, onion, carrots and celery with cherry tomatoes. I dusted the chicken in flour, cumin, turmeric and paprika before frying.

once all softened, chucked in the low to medium oven and forget for three hours….
CE2F014A-3534-432F-8C08-ADCF0EEB6A28.jpeg

What do you put in your coffee?

I usually drink it black but I have started adding cinnamon and nutmeg.

Back
Top Bottom