• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Holy mother of moose! You got contractors to call back?! I had to whore my wife out just to get a contractor to show up to give an estimate.

My wife still isn't talking to me over that. :rolleyes:

Go to angi.com and submit a request. Let your wife answer the phone. She would probably prefer that to the way you handled it before. Better yet, don't submit a request. They'll still sell your name and phone number to every contractor within driving distance.

Banning price gouging (whatever in the world that means in practice) is not identical to price controls.
It's government telling market participants what prices they may charge. How is that not a form of a price control?
Depends on the form. We don’t know what “banning price gouging” in practice means. It may mean mandating prices. It may mean limits on the rate and frequency of price changes. It may mean punishing fines based on profits. Or something else.

Derec said:
It's a cartoon. There are many well-regarded journalists she can sit down and have an interview with.
IMO Twitter is for twits even after its name change.
That is mostly my feeling but I am on Twitter. I follow only a small handful of accounts that seem well informed/not crazy. For good or ill, a lot of breaking news breaks on Twitter.

RFK Jr. Running Mate Reveals They’re Considering Dropping Out to ‘Join Forces’ With Trump and Block Harris : r/TheMajorityReport
noting
RFK Jr. VP Says They Might Joining Forces With Trump
Shanaha, who Kennedy selected as his running mate in March, appeared on Tuesday’s episode of the podcast Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu.

If they stay in the race, Shanahan noted, that opens the possibility of earning at least 5% of the vote and establishing the We The People Party as a legitimate party — opening the door for public funding to give them a better shot at challenging for the presidency in 2028. Staying in, however, also runs the risk of improving the odds of winning for Vice President Kamala Harris and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz.
Why is that supposed to be such a horror?
If the Kennedy campaign dropped out, Shanahan said she’d consider running for governor of California.
Noting
BREAKING: RFK’s VP confirms they may drop out and endorse Trump. Inflation DNC | Nicole Shanahan - YouTube - nearly an hour
I'm not sure that I want to listen to the whole thing just to try to find out what a horror a Harris-Walz Presidency is supposed to be.

A clip of her stating her plans is at
End Tribalism in Politics on X: "RFK’s VP Nicole Shanahan says ..." / X
RFK’s VP Nicole Shanahan says they are debating whether to stay in the race or drop out and join forces with Trump:

“There’s two options that we're looking at and one is staying in, forming that new party, but we run the risk of a Kamala Harris and Waltz presidency because we draw more votes from Trump.

Or we walk away right now and join forces with with Donald Trump and explain to our base why we're making this decision.”

Holy mother of moose! You got contractors to call back?! I had to whore my wife out just to get a contractor to show up to give an estimate.

My wife still isn't talking to me over that. :rolleyes:
Maybe she's too busy calling other contractors about getting her pipes cleaned?
Tom

Another clip from that interview:
Geiger Capital on X: "MUST WATCH: ..." / X
MUST WATCH:

RFK’s VP Nicole Shanahan on how the DNC sabotaged their campaign and forced them to be a spoiler. She was a Democrat.

“They kept us off stages, manipulated polls, sued us in every possible state, and even planted insiders in our campaign.”
I'm guessing that she wants to retaliate against the Democratic Party.

The Adam Theory on X: "RFK’s running mate Nicole Shanahan said this Friday is going to be one of the “biggest events in American election history.”😳🧐 Is the drop out and endorsement of Trump going to happen.. (vid link)" / X

RFK Jr. Preparing to End Presidential Campaign and Endorse Trump: Sources
The tacit admission that Kennedy’s run is confined to its effect on the two frontrunners was as far as Amaryllis Kennedy went in broaching the potential of ending the campaign. It heavily suggested that Kennedy would endorse Trump, whose assassination attempt she compared to the successful killing of Kennedy’s father.

“What I can tell you is this. Bobby has been in a period of deep discernment,” she said. “So please, hold tight until you hear directly from him.”
If that happens, I will say good riddance.
“If, in a selfless move of placing country over personal goals (which is characteristic of Bobby and why he is such a phenomenal leader), Bobby makes the difficult decision to leave the race so his medical freedom and autism moms base of around 3-5% of votes in almost all states (more in some) ensures the Democrats do not take the White House, then that would be very patriotic of him,” they said.
So he will help the Trump campaign get the antivaxxer vote.
The insider proposed that Trump offer Kennedy a major position in his administration, potentially with the Department of Health & Human Services or as attorney general: “If, subsequently, Trump were to have the sense to recognize that no one could help him drain the swamp better than Bobby, in an HHS or AG position for example, and he decides to offer that… then that would also be very patriotic of him.”
HHS? He might like that as a chance to do antivax policymaking. But he will have lots of provax underlings. AG? Corporate lobbies won't like that.

Blue Georgia on X: "All former Democrat living presidents ..." / X
All former Democrat living presidents except Carter (who is 99 and in hospice) are speaking at DNC.

You know who skipped the RNC? Trump's own VP Mike Pence, former President George W Bush, his VP Dick Cheney, Liz Cheney, Former VP Dan Quayle, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, et al.
Hmmm...
Dick Cheney is still alive?? Your health care system is excellent.
I would not mind not seeing any of these people, especially Dick Cheney.

RFK wants to be a kingmaker? How cute, he is as deluded as Ron Paul (or his followers).

Menendez resigned.

Menendez signaled his resignation would take effect at the end of the day Tuesday in a letter last month to Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy, who said Friday he’s tapping a former top aide to succeed the three-term incumbent.

George Helmy will succeed Menendez until the November election results for the Senate seat are certified late in the month, the governor said. At that point, Murphy said Helmy will resign and he’ll name the winner of the election to the seat.

California has been renamed;

The great state of "Nancy Pelosi" (formerly California) has cast its vote for Harris.

What an insufferable prick Gavin Newsom is.

California has been renamed;

The great state of "Nancy Pelosi" (formerly California) has cast its vote for Harris.

What an insufferable prick Gavin Newsom is.

What? He called you Nancy, so you called him an unsufferable prick.
Sounds like y'all deserve each other.
Happily ever after?
:hysterical:

I have given to the Dem campaign a few times and I will be very happy to vote for this team when early voting starts in October. I rarely get more than one or two texts a day begging me for money because after I write the exact words that are needed to stop, they stop. They have almost run out of Democratic organizations to beg me for money. :unsure:

Since I live in a swing state, my vote is a lot more important than those who live in Ca. :p I'm enjoying the convention, and Stevie Wonder's performance was great yesterday. He and I were born in the same year and I've enjoyed his music since I was 13. 🎹

I've never seen so much energy and enthusiasm for 2 candidates in my life. There ya go. Somebody had to counter the people here from California who aren't happy about the Dem candidates. It's also cool to see Republicans for Harris, including our former Lt. Governor. I love this shit! But 4 nights are enough. 😩

We're not going back..........:happydrinking:

I've never seen so much energy and enthusiasm for 2 candidates in my life.
Indeed, it is quite remarkable how Harris has gone from an inept and unpopular VP to the only person who can save the USA from crashing and burning in a matter of weeks. It resembles a religious awakening of sorts.

There ya go. Somebody had to counter the people here from California who aren't happy about the Dem candidates.

I am pretty sure there are many people who are not happy with the choice of candidates, even within the democratic party but I am not one of them. I am indifferent. I wasn't voting democratic this time around.

I've never seen so much energy and enthusiasm for 2 candidates in my life.
Indeed, it is quite remarkable how Harris has gone from an inept and unpopular VP to the only person who can save the USA from crashing and burning in a matter of weeks. It resembles a religious awakening of sorts.

aren’t those two different groups of people? That is, the ones whose thought she was inept are not the same people who now support her.

I think it is more that Biden, and probably others in the Democratic Party, did not think she could beat Trump. But once their hand was forced they hadn’t anticipated the enthusiasm for her as the lead on the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom