• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump falls!! Hurt too

I'm just gonna leave this here: "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?"
Yes, probably a good idea to that there, as that joke isn't going anywhere. Trump wasn't the one doing any shooting today.
Probably a good idea to think 2 seconds about it, because my point was that Trump started the rhetoric.
Well if we're thinking about it for more than 2 seconds, rhetoric about political violence isn't something that started with Trump. But he sure as hell leaned into it. Encouraging his followers to "beat the shit out of him" at rallies, saying that he'd pardon people who committed political violence in his name, etc. And of course he's said that his next term - if he earns one - will be all about vengeance and retribution.

We don't know anything yet about the shooter, but it's a good bet to say that if nothing else, he figured that gun violence was the solution to whatever was ailing him. He (allegedly) climbed on a roof with a rifle and carried out his attack because whomever he was listening to said that a "2nd Amendment solution" was appropriate. "I have this problem here that's vexing me...and I have this gun...hmm..."

Wapo: Trump, in a Truth Social post Saturday night, said he was shot in his upper right ear and offered his thanks to law enforcement. He also extended his condolences to the families of a person who was shot and killed and another who was injured.
“It is incredible that such an act can take place in our Country,” he wrote.

I'm just gonna leave this here: "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?"
Yes, probably a good idea to leave that there, as that joke isn't going anywhere. Trump wasn't the one doing any shooting today.
What joke? While the motives of the shooter are unknown, Trump's incendiary language has polarized the US quite a bit. He has repeatedly condoned the use of violence and uses violent rhetoric often.

Apparently, the shooter has been *tentatively* ID'd as Thomas Matthew Crooks and was wearing a Demolition Ranch (pro gun youtube channel) tshirt. So if you want a conspiracy;

Pennsylvania voter records listed a Thomas Matthew Crooks with the same address and birth date as a registered Republican, though it was not clear from the records when that was put in place.

The conspiracy theories are going to have very easy fodder.

Last edited:
Some evangelical tried to assassinate the antichrist?
Revelation 13:3
"One of the beast’s heads seemed to have had a deadly wound. But the wound had been healed. The whole world was amazed and followed the beast."

Well it talks about some kind of wound at least. That just popped into my head though I don't really literally believe in the Bible.

One thing about a snjper, military usually. We know how stuffed with liberals the military is.
Well, he wasn't a very good sniper.
I thought it was fairly impressive shooting. He was 200 - 300 yards away according to the news. Only missed a kill by an inch or two.
I have seen reports that Trump's wound came from flying glass.

Seems more likely than a 1/4 inch miss at 100 yards with an AR15...

One thing about a snjper, military usually. We know how stuffed with liberals the military is.
Well, he wasn't a very good sniper.
I thought it was fairly impressive shooting. He was 200 - 300 yards away according to the news. Only missed a kill by an inch or two.
I have seen reports that Trump's wound came from flying glass.

Seems more likely than a 1/4 inch miss at 100 yards with an AR15...
That would make sense, except Trump's people said he was shot.

Back
Top Bottom