• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Will Likely Win

isn't the ability to terminate mistakes before they become scandals also valuable to them?
Probably a little moreso since the advent of DNA paternity tests.
But any man who thinks of women as humans rather than pieces of tail, should be strongly motivated to do away with those laws that kill women, not just preferentially but exclusively.
I don’t even get women who want to
maintain those laws. How do they benefit? By being on the holy end of a power trip?
At the cost of others’ lives?
Deplorable.

Why is denial of abortion so important to men? Very few American men are strictly monogamous, so isn't the ability to terminate mistakes before they become expensive scandals also valuable to them? I get the straight men have this obsession with controlling women, but coercing someone to abort is no less a violation of their right to choose, so they can still be abusive to their partners if that matters to them more than democracy.
I don’t know if it’s so much of the power to deny abortions as it is that men just don’t care that much about the issue. It’s obviously more important to women. Plus religion tells them to be anti abortion rights.

Speaking as a man, I recognize that women’s rights are human rights and that the ability to control your own body should be sacred. But the religious grip seems so strong, at least around here where I live, that the rise of the nones has been barely noticed. So many young women around here seem to think that they should subordinate their lives to their men. It’s just expected. Sad. Religion sucks.

religion tells them to be anti abortion rights.
What religion is that?
I think it’s just self appointed religious blowhards who oppose reproductive rights, not scriptures or Jesus or anything like that.
Totally true.
There's absolutely no scripture opposing abortion.

By the standards of the day, unborn babies weren't alive. Breath was the standard for "alive", so until the baby drew their first breath they were not living. You can't kill something that is not alive.

That's before you get to the concept of person vs. chattel. By scriptural standards, children were the property of the father. Ya know, the "person" who planted his seed in a vessel. It remains his property, just like a stalk of grain he planted in a field.
There's nothing scriptural about anti-abortion.
Tom

children were the property of the father
Or their mother's master, if she was enslaved.
Being a woman, either she was chattel or simply didn't matter.
Married. Slave. ?
What was the difference between them in the day?
Tom
A slave's son was also a slave, however. Their father had no right to them. And there were different laws for slaves than for family, as well as between Hebrew and foreign-born slaves, not that any of the above were especially well-treated. Indeed, a daughter (though not a son) could be legally sold into slavery by their father, so these categories could not help but overlap.

I feel like we're wandering a bit off topic, though... perhaps there are a great many Americans who would profit from a careful reading of Leviticus before blindly agreeing to the tyranny that Trump's theocratic allies would happily inflict on all of us if allowed.

Married. Slave. ?
Tom
A slave's son was also a slave, however. Their father had no right to them. And there were different laws for slaves than for family, as well as between Hebrew and foreign-born slaves, not that any of the above were especially well-treated. Indeed, a daughter (though not a son) could be legally sold into slavery by their father, so these categories could not help but overlap.

I feel like we're wandering a bit off topic, though... perhaps there are a great many Americans who would profit from a careful reading of Leviticus before blindly agreeing to the tyranny that Trump's theocratic allies would happily inflict on all of us if allowed.
Oh and they have every intention of so imposing it on us. Jesus wants that. At least according to them.

religion tells them to be anti abortion rights.
What religion is that?
I think it’s just self appointed religious blowhards who oppose reproductive rights, not scriptures or Jesus or anything like that.
Which rock have you been living under?

When somebody says "My religion tells me that X is forbidden", it is a rare and irrelevant coincidence if X is forbidden by their holy books, or was forbidden (or even mentioned) by the legendary figureheads or founders of that religion.

What they mean by "My religion tells me..." is always "The self appointed blowhards who currently dominate my sect tell me...".

That they typically fail to understand this is no reason for us to make the same error of comprehension.

Why is denial of abortion so important to men?

It's mostly Christianity/Abrahamic religions that are to blame for this. I don't blame men specifically, at least it's more complicated than just "men". I doubt it would be as difficult to pass abortion measures if religious fundamentalists weren't around to stop it.

Why is denial of abortion so important to men?

It's mostly Christianity/Abrahamic religions that are to blame for this. I don't blame men specifically, at least it's more complicated than just "men". I doubt it would be as difficult to pass abortion measures if religious fundamentalists weren't around to stop it.
Women are typically more religious than men, though, so why would this drive a gender divide?

Married. Slave. ?
Tom
Married: The baby is the property of the father.
Slave: The baby is the property of the master, even if it's not possible for them to be the father.

The momentum has been in Trump's favor. A lot of people said him going off track at the debate talking about migrants eating pets, his grievances, and a dark picture of America was a losing strategy. Trump said F U I know better, and he is right. What this fucking stupid country wants to hear is that migrants are evil and poison and need the military to round all of them up and deport them, the dept of justice and the government in general is corrupt and Trump needs to go in and destroy all who oppose him, the leftists are evil and need the military sent after them and Trump is a big victim. It's a winning message and Trump proves it over and over again.

Trump odds up to 57.5% now on Polymarket, a big jump from 45% about a month ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom