• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

Dinner will be chicken salad from a plastic container. Macaroni salad from a plastic container. Pickles

That's pretty much what I'll eat for lunch today. Saturday nights we've taken to ordering take-out from a local restaurant. Don't know yet which one we will pick tonight.

Just had Lox, cream cheese, tomato, capers, red onion, dill, seasoned, on a toasted bagel with fresh straw berries with a cup of espresso roast coffee for breakfast while facing lake and ocean beyond in calibrated Sleep Number bed as is our habit on Saturdays

Lunch was a turkey cucumber sandwich with a garbanzo bean corn salad.

For brunch today: what I call “pseudo souffles”. These are eggs beaten with a bit of milk, garlic salt and a couple of dashes of Tabasco, poured into ramekins over mozzarella cheese and baked until fluffy. Turkey sausage links and a fruit medley on the side.

Just made a Korean Vinegar Dipping sauce - Japanese Dark Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Grated Garlic, Chopped Cilantro, sugar, Gochujang (Korean Chili Paste), and toasted sesame seeds.

Just tried it with shrimp/pork dumplings and it is very good. Turned out a lot better than the Aioli I made a few weeks ago.

Fired up the grill and bar-b-qued a chicken. With rice and vegetables. Alas, no bread. This really needed some garlic French bread.

Standard fare. Roast beef, cheese, mustard sandwich and coleslaw. One of the finest eating experiences known to humans.

It’s cold, wet and miserable here so I needed something warming and easy.

I took ingredients out for a ‘healthy’ fry up tonight and saw there was broccoli and Brussels Sprouts left so I prepared those and yummy! I tossed them in a small amount of butter and some spices. Yummy.

Dinner tonight has many names but is the following all cooked together in a frying pan.

Cabbage, onion, mushrooms and bacon! Simple really. :)

1/4 cup each of pumpkin seeds, walnut pieces and almonds - all raw. Mix and sprinkle with salt and dress with a touch of extra virgin olive oil. That is lunch. Breakfast was one scrambled egg with green beans followed by oatmeal with apples and blackberries.

Breakfast today plain yogurt with fresh banana and strawberry.

Didn't have any bananas, which I usually eat every morning with my coffee, so I had some toast with slices of avocado. For elevenses, I had a hummus wrap. Later I made some pasta salad, which I just ate a bowl of for an early dinner.

I'm all about the cold foods in this weather.

Didn't have any bananas, which I usually eat every morning with my coffee, so I had some toast with slices of avocado. For elevenses, I had a hummus wrap. Later I made some pasta salad, which I just ate a bowl of for an early dinner.

And we are all about the warm foods! :)

I bet. And your fry up the other day sounds like cold weather comfort food deliciousness!

I bet. And your fry up the other day sounds like cold weather comfort food deliciousness!
The cabbage wilts nicely to create a broth. I also chucked in some Worcestershire sauce. Mmmmm.

Banana and coffee for breakfast. Lunch was blueberries and egg salad sandwich. Now snacking on pickled beets, which I just now choked on and got my sinuses awash in pickled beet juice. Holy crap, it burns like hell. It's a lot like when you go swimming and get water up your nose, except the water is on fire.

Going Gujrati style on tonight's dinner: Mung dahl for the entree, curried green beans and roti on the side. It smells heavenly, so I can't wait to tuck in.

Back
Top Bottom